Who would want to be Laois manager?

Started by beano, June 24, 2015, 12:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uisce

Young trainer who I can't say I know much about. Was he not over that Park team that got relegated to JuniorA last year?

Don't think they will have a queue out the door of candidates but hopefully they will get someone in place soon!

portlaoisekid

Irish examiner today maintain Jack Sheedy is favorite for the job.... probably rubbish but still sends a chill down the spine to hear..

Faugheen

Quote from: OTF on August 11, 2015, 01:21:45 PM
Quote from: Unlaoised on August 11, 2015, 12:04:56 PM
I heard Chris Conway and Mick Lawlor were being considered Im not sure together or what way.

I also heard former Roscommon and Tipperary manager John Evan's was interviewed but that could be just pub talk.

Current Roscommon manager ??
Former Roscommon Manager now !!!!

portlaoisekid

he not leaving roscommon for no reason... could be a runner

OTF

Quote from: Faugheen on August 12, 2015, 09:39:14 PM
Quote from: OTF on August 11, 2015, 01:21:45 PM
Quote from: Unlaoised on August 11, 2015, 12:04:56 PM
I heard Chris Conway and Mick Lawlor were being considered Im not sure together or what way.

I also heard former Roscommon and Tipperary manager John Evan's was interviewed but that could be just pub talk.

Current Roscommon manager ??
Former Roscommon Manager now !!!!

Quote from: portlaoisekid on August 12, 2015, 09:53:33 PM
he not leaving roscommon for no reason... could be a runner

Bring back Justy.

Giovanni

We could do a lot worse than Evans in my opinion. Is there any real chance?

Unlaoised

Quote from: Giovanni on August 13, 2015, 09:50:40 AM

I'm not sure it was just what I heard last week!
LAOIS ABÚ

OTF

Quote from: Giovanni on August 13, 2015, 09:50:40 AM

I agree but we did get rid of McNulty because we felt his style was not suited to our players.
It's it ironic that Roscommon supporters feel the same about Evans.

south Laois

It seems to be all very quite on our next manager. Does anyone have any updates or hear any rumours?

SCFC

I've heard there's 3 internal candidates. Leo Turley, Joe Higgins and Mick Lillis.
Out of those 3, I hope Joe gets it.

beano

Leo turley mightn't be a bad one, did great stuff with Leixlip and Blackhall gaels plus he is a passionate Laois man.  Spoke to a few Meath and kildare lads and they rate him highly.

The Boy Wonder

If Leo could serve us as well in management as he did when playing then we'd be on a winner.
He made the very most of his talents when playing for Laois - hands like glue and a great finisher.

redsetanta

I would agree with you Boy Wonder.

Always loved Leo's style and while I don't have the stats he must have been one of our most prolific goal scorers.

It still pains me though when I think of the couple of chances he missed against Louth in Croke Park when they beat us by a point.

Maybe Leo could bring someone else in with him in a joint role.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

south Laois

Does anyone know is there any outside manager being considered?

BallyroanAbu

No but they reserve the right to look outside the candidates so basically anyone is still in the frame