Started by beano, June 24, 2015, 12:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hospital Pass

Mick Lillis??? Who is on the Selection panel is what i want to know

merman

Quote from: Hospital Pass on August 05, 2015, 08:04:59 PM
Mick Lillis??? Who is on the Selection panel is what i want to know

I can't answer that.
My understanding is that a Laois man is preferred but that 'outsiders' would be considered. I also understand that we are looking for a package (manager, coaches, selectors etc) rather than an individual.

Clubs were asked to nominate people who were interested. I believe Mick Lillis was one such nomination.

It will be interesting to see who is on the selection committe. I hope they have free rein to approach names above and beyond those candidates put forward by the clubs.

Hospital Pass

It will be interesting to see who is on the selection committe. I hope they have free rein to approach names above and beyond those candidates put forward by the clubs.
[/quote]
Very interesting Merman. I would agree with you about having the permission to go outside the candidates put forward if it ensures we get the best person possible because to be honest i'm not sure how serious the clubs take the nomination process.

OTF

Quote from: Hospital Pass on August 05, 2015, 09:05:29 PM
Very interesting Merman. I would agree with you about having the permission to go outside the candidates put forward if it ensures we get the best person possible because to be honest i'm not sure how serious the clubs take the nomination process.
[/quote]

What's the point in going to the clubs in the first place if the selection committee can ignore their nominations.
I don't know much about Lillis but I gather by some comments he wouldn't be universally loved.

SCFC

Quote from: OTF on August 05, 2015, 09:22:40 PM
I don't know much about Lillis but I gather by some comments he wouldn't be universally loved.
Everyone loves Mick!!

Hospital Pass

OTF your misunderstanding me, i'm not saying ignore the club nominations. what i'm saying is why limit the search for the best possible candidate. take those nominations and also put the feelers out to see if outside candidates would be available.

OTF

Quote from: Hospital Pass on August 05, 2015, 10:17:44 PM
OTF your misunderstanding me, i'm not saying ignore the club nominations. what i'm saying is why limit the search for the best possible candidate. take those nominations and also put the feelers out to see if outside candidates would be available.

I understand you ok HP, I'm saying whats the point in going to the clubs.

Just wondering how would the Portlaoise players feel about Lilis.

south Laois

Does anybody know of any other local candidates being consider?

Unlaoised

I heard Chris Conway and Mick Lawlor were being considered Im not sure together or what way.

I also heard former Roscommon and Tipperary manager John Evan's was interviewed but that could be just pub talk.

LAOIS ABÚ

OTF

Quote from: Unlaoised on August 11, 2015, 12:04:56 PM
I heard Chris Conway and Mick Lawlor were being considered Im not sure together or what way.

I also heard former Roscommon and Tipperary manager John Evan's was interviewed but that could be just pub talk.

Current Roscommon manager ??

south Laois

I keep having this nightmare that someone like Luke Dempsey gets the job!!!

Junior Ex Laoistalk

I heard John Sugrue is very much in the running for the job, Chris Conway not interested.
Sugrue has managed the Kerry U-21s in the past and lives and works in Portlaoise.
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

OTF

Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on August 12, 2015, 12:30:28 AM
I heard John Sugrue is very much in the running for the job, Chris Conway not interested.
Sugrue has managed the Kerry U-21s in the past and lives and works in Portlaoise.

Was John Sugrue involved with a Laois team already or was he mentioned recently.

south Laois

Not sure that's the appointment that would inspire all our best players to commit to the county set-up. Then again I can't think of any top class managers who would want to take us on.

Helix

Sugrue trained Kerry to an All Ireland in 2008 I think when they beat cork. That experience alone can't be dismissed. He was part of Justin McNulty's back room team also.

It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail