Who would want to be Laois manager?

Started by beano, June 24, 2015, 12:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyroanAbu

We had Billy in Ballyroan one year, good coach inexeperienced.

Heshs Umpire

I'd like to see him coach a club team or two first. Or an underage county squad.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

portlaoisekid

Any movement on a new management team?

Uisce

It would be great to get someone in place before the local championships really kick into gear. Let them get to a few games to see if they see any potential new players, just having them visible at matches would do no harm for morale among supporters/players, it would show people they are genuinely interested in the local scene and not just inheriting the same squad. I know that more than likely the personnel wouldn't change much but at least they showed interest.

Gael85

Has Michael Dempsey ever been approached for the job?

Giovanni

The only blip in a really impressive managerial career was his 2 years in charge of Laois in the late 90s. I was out of the country at the time so I don't really know what happened there but apart from that, I think he won Leinster while in charge of the u-21s, he won Leinster with O Hanrahans of Carlow and we all know about Kilkenny. Hard to see him leaving the Kilkenny job but he's definitely a proven manager.

BallyroanAbu

Mick Dempsey was Laois Manager seems to be a better trainer than Manager.  Sean Dempsey already has been Laois Manager and things did not go well.  Personally I am not to bothered about a manager being appointed before the start of Club Championship as the manager should be a club manager within Laois.  I think Joe Higgins is prob the front runner but Arles will have to be in the final to get him over the line.

Hospital Pass

Jack Sheedy has stepped down as Longford football manager. Sheedy with Sean Dempsey as coach?
already worked together and did a decent job with a limited longford side.

OTF

Quote from: Hospital Pass on July 22, 2015, 07:23:04 PM
Jack Sheedy has stepped down as Longford football manager. Sheedy with Sean Dempsey as coach?

The Examiner had a piece on this last week, I wonder is there anything in it.

Nominations by the clubs by last Friday ? what's that about can someone explain.

The Melancholy Sloth

I heard a rumour that Mick Lillis has been approached for the job. Don't know how reliable the info is but I said I would share it.

blueandwhite1

Quote from: Hospital Pass on July 22, 2015, 07:23:04 PM

Jack showed with Longford and Sean with Laois that they are not strong tactically and at setting a team up to play the modern game. Justin McNulty was the strongest tactical Manager we have had in recent times but didn't seem to have the ability to instill passion into the players. Although I hate myself for saying it, if we want to compete to the same levels as Monaghan or Donegal (we probably have footballers as good as either), we need a systems orientated manager who is also a very good man and team manager. Micky Harte, Joe Kernan or Jim McGuinness types.

Donnellys Hollow

Jack Sheedy is the new Kilcock manager.

Jason Ryan should be available in the next few weeks.  ;)
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

The Monument Road

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on August 05, 2015, 05:38:23 PM
Jack Sheedy is the new Kilcock manager.

Jason Ryan should be available in the next few weeks.  ;)
Good....Thomas O Flaharta is also available for someone

merman

Quote from: The Melancholy Sloth on August 05, 2015, 02:24:30 PM
I heard a rumour that Mick Lillis has been approached for the job. Don't know how reliable the info is but I said I would share it.

I understand there is a strong preference within the county executive for a Laois-man.
I believe Lillis has been proposed.

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: merman on August 05, 2015, 06:21:32 PM
Quote from: The Melancholy Sloth on August 05, 2015, 02:24:30 PM

I understand there is a strong preference within the county executive for a Laois-man.
I believe Lillis has been proposed.

Ah, Lord Jaysus, Lillis?
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore