Who would want to be Laois manager?

Started by beano, June 24, 2015, 12:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helix

How much was O flaharta getting while he was at Laois? Not trying to stir stuff up just seeing if money could be best spent elsewhere within the county (if the CB even have it of course)!
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

Teo Lurley

Apparently O'Flatharta was only getting expenses!

County Man

Will be fascinating to see who will become the next Laois boss.

It really is anyones guess.

If nothing else, surely 2016 cant be any worse than 2015 in terms of the championship.

Cruella De Vil

Quote from: Teo Lurley on July 12, 2015, 01:10:17 PM

If it's saving money is the name of the game, go back for Micko!!, sure he was commuting from Waterville for nothing apart from the love of the game!!

Gmac

I wouldn't mind somebody getting paid if they had a good back room team including a good strength and conditioning coach , if the last manager was only getting expenses I'm sure his enthusiasm was easily picked up on by the players and the results followed.
In the last few years we have been beaten by Antrim louth Tipperary Longford so we are either dreaming about how good we are or we are league team and find it harder to compete in championship football. We need to generate some interest in the senior football team and I think a high profile manager can do it , go outside the country to the uk and USA and try get some sponsorship from laois people abroad see if there is any interest it can't hurt.
We either go all out to improve or forget about it I don't think there is any middle ground

Unlaoised

Quote from: redsetanta on July 09, 2015, 04:25:50 PM
Quote from: Unlaoised on July 09, 2015, 03:38:47 PM
I hear the Pillar Caffery is interested and that a local man would be on for funding it!

I'm assuming that's tongue in cheek Unlaoised

No it wasn't I heard it from someone who thinks they know a bit.....

What I heard is the County board is aiming very high but the interest in the job might not be out there...

If I was a betting man I'd say Glen Ryan with Chris Conway looks very likely!

Maybe it will be a toatl suprise and the County board will for a change out do themselves but I doubt it.

I still think there is plenty of talent in the football ranks in this county to get us to an all-Ireland Qtr final again.

I mean look as Westmeath/Fermanagh Tipperary/Galway who are all one game away from that are we much behind those counties?
LAOIS ABÚ

OTF

Quote from: Teo Lurley on July 12, 2015, 01:10:17 PM

It's illegal to pay managers, all managers "only get expenses"

OTF

Quote from: Unlaoised on July 15, 2015, 10:21:40 AM
Quote from: redsetanta on July 09, 2015, 04:25:50 PM
Quote from: Unlaoised on July 09, 2015, 03:38:47 PM
I hear the Pillar Caffery is interested and that a local man would be on for funding it!

I'm assuming that's tongue in cheek Unlaoised

No it wasn't I heard it from someone who thinks they know a bit.....

What I heard is the County board is aiming very high but the interest in the job might not be out there...

If I was a betting man I'd say Glen Ryan with Chris Conway looks very likely!

Maybe it will be a toatl suprise and the County board will for a change out do themselves but I doubt it.

I still think there is plenty of talent in the football ranks in this county to get us to an all-Ireland Qtr final again.

I mean look as Westmeath/Fermanagh Tipperary/Galway who are all one game away from that are we much behind those counties?

We were there under McNulty but we weren't one bit happy about the style of play.
Then we started romancing about attacking football led by the lads on midland radio,f*****g hell I do despair sometimes.

blueandwhite1

I would have Pillar over O'Flaharta any day....

OTF

Quote from: blueandwhite1 on July 15, 2015, 05:32:39 PM
I would have Pillar over O'Flaharta any day....

I can't say I ever liked him but then I might feel different if he was in our tent pissing out.

Unison

The Melancholy Sloth

Quote from: Unison on July 19, 2015, 11:14:21 PM
Billy Sheehan for the job?

Please tell me you are joking. I mean of all the people I have heard mentioned. Even Pillar Caffrey is a better suggestion and that was laughable.

merman

Spillane

Quote from: The Melancholy Sloth on July 20, 2015, 01:45:54 AM
Quote from: Unison on July 19, 2015, 11:14:21 PM
Billy Sheehan for the job?

Please tell me you are joking. I mean of all the people I have heard mentioned. Even Pillar Caffrey is a better suggestion and that was laughable.

I think good old Billy is after setting up camp in the big smoke after departing Emo. He has codded 3 Laois managers, i think he has done enough bluffing without giving him the top job in Laois