European Leagues.

Started by laoislad, August 11, 2012, 10:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 17, 2020, 06:03:44 PM
This season's Champions League and Europa League competitions will be completed in August with 'final eight' tournaments in Lisbon, Portugal and in cities across Germany.

Should just null and void both.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Cunny Funt

Champions league draw.

1) Real Madrid or Manchester City v Lyon or Juventus

2) RB Leipzig v Atletico Madrid

3) Napoli or Barcelona v Chelsea or Bayern Munich

4) Atalanta v Paris St-Germain

Last-16 ties to finish (first-leg score): Bayern Munich v Chelsea (3-0); Barcelona v Napoli (1-1); Manchester City v Real Madrid (2-1); Juventus v Lyon (0-1)

Semi-final draw - ties to take place 18-19 August.

Winner of quarter-final one v winner of quarter-final three

Winner of quarter-final two v winner of quarter-final four

I'd fancy a Bayern Munich v Atletico Madrid final.

Taylor

Quote from: Cunny Funt on July 10, 2020, 02:32:49 PM
Champions league draw.

1) Real Madrid or Manchester City v Lyon or Juventus

2) RB Leipzig v Atletico Madrid

3) Napoli or Barcelona v Chelsea or Bayern Munich

4) Atalanta v Paris St-Germain

Last-16 ties to finish (first-leg score): Bayern Munich v Chelsea (3-0); Barcelona v Napoli (1-1); Manchester City v Real Madrid (2-1); Juventus v Lyon (0-1)

Semi-final draw - ties to take place 18-19 August.

Winner of quarter-final one v winner of quarter-final three

Winner of quarter-final two v winner of quarter-final four

I'd fancy a Bayern Munich v Atletico Madrid final.

Fairly lopsided draw there

GiveItToTheShooters

Easy draw on Liverpool's side. Should've been a 3rd straight final and a 7th European cup.

BennyCake

Is the Europa League been played in Portugal or somewhere? Thought I heard it was to be like a World Cup tournament

Boycey

Quote from: BennyCake on July 10, 2020, 05:57:12 PM
Is the Europa League been played in Portugal or somewhere? Thought I heard it was to be like a World Cup tournament

I reckon you're not really a football fan at all  ;)

laoislad

Should just null and void both of them. Changing the format mid tournament..meh, massive asterisk beside the winners of both competitions.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: laoislad on July 10, 2020, 07:27:10 PM
Should just null and void both of them. Changing the format mid tournament..meh, massive asterisk beside the winners of both competitions.
One legged ties, water breaks and 5 subs???
Tainted title, wouldn't be my club.

Captain Obvious

That shock exit (home and away defeats to Atletico Madrid) won't really kick in for many Liverpool supporters until this competition re-starts.

Away from a club no longer involved it will interesting to see can the sugar daddy clubs Manchester City, PSG deliver in this new format?

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 10, 2020, 07:45:12 PM
That shock exit (home and away defeats to Atletico Madrid) won't really kick in for many Liverpool supporters until this competition re-starts.

Away from a club no longer involved it will interesting to see can the sugar daddy clubs Manchester City, PSG deliver in this new format?
Shock to who?

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on July 11, 2020, 12:46:04 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 10, 2020, 07:45:12 PM

Shock to who?

To most people. It was the defending European champions and favourites to retain that title against a side that was 6th in the La Liga at the time.

gallsman

Real Madrid currently playing City in the Etihad. What happened to all travellers from Spain being subject to a two week quarantine? Feels like something that should be being talked about more

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gallsman on August 07, 2020, 08:44:27 PM
Real Madrid currently playing City in the Etihad. What happened to all travellers from Spain being subject to a two week quarantine? Feels like something that should be being talked about more

Supporters or staff?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Nanderson

Quote from: gallsman on August 07, 2020, 08:44:27 PM
Professional players and staff are regularly tested

Captain Obvious

Has Varane money on Manchester City going through to the next round?

Juventus knocked out by Lyon a good night all round for Manchester City.