Predict Prelim Q/finals: Kildare/Monaghan, Cork/Ros, Donegal/Tyrone, Galway/Mayo

Started by GAABoardMod5, June 21, 2023, 07:31:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcard

Kildare v Monaghan
Cork v Roscommon

Donegal v Tyrone
Galway v Mayo

It wouldn't be a surprise if at least one of these games went to extra time.

Estimator

Quote from: yellowcard on June 21, 2023, 11:25:36 AM
Kildare v Monaghan
Cork v Roscommon

Donegal v Tyrone
Galway v Mayo

It wouldn't be a surprise if at least one of these games went to extra time.

I would appreciate it if they all went to extra time, and each of the winning teams pick up a couple of suspensions/injuries that rule them out of playing the following week  ;)

Going for 4 away wins next week
Monaghan
Roscommon
Tyrone
Mayo
Ulster League Champions 2009

ardtole

statto

Monaghan, Cork, Tyrone, Galway. 

4 decent games well spread out over the weekend, will help put in the Saturday. 

Redhand Santa

It's great to see 4 close knockout matches coming up. The longest odds on any one team is 7/4 giving a good indication of how competitive they should be. I don't think the quarter finals will be as competitive with a couple of games likely to have clear favourites. This should be one of the best weekends of the championship.

Very hard to make a call on any of the games. Before last week you'd have expected the second seeds to be Kerry, Tyrone Roscommon and Monaghan and for them all to be clear favourites. But things have changed drastically since then and the new second seeds have all picked up valuable momentum and a home draw (or close to home for Kildare).

J70

Donegal's biggest disadvantage this weekend is the squad. We're missing too many players and thus will have few options off the bench when the team tires in the last 15. It will be tight up until then, but I'd expect Tyrone to then pull away and win by a few points.

statto

Quote from: J70 on June 21, 2023, 03:21:55 PM
Donegal's biggest disadvantage this weekend is the squad. We're missing too many players and thus will have few options off the bench when the team tires in the last 15. It will be tight up until then, but I'd expect Tyrone to then pull away and win by a few points.
Tyrone aren't overly coming down with options off the bench at the minute either with players struggling for previous form mcgeary/sludden and a number of new players who are relatively untested at this level.  McCurry returning will be a huge help and will probably help them do just enough. 

NotedObserver

I would agree if Tyrone had big options off the bench but they don't. The subs haven't made a big impact on the games and if they had they would have likely topped the group.

yellowcard

That might well be true but I don't think Tyrone have much of a squad either, they've had so many defections over the last year or two.

J70

Armaghtothebone

Breaks my heart to admit it but Darragh Canavan is a real star in the making.
Worth the admission on his own.

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose