China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: highorlow on August 13, 2020, 02:49:29 PM
Did it swim back into NZ?

No, it probably came in on an aircraft then someone didn't quarantine like they were supposed to. Or they were asymptomatic and infectious beyond the quarantine period.

Did you think NZ have still banned air travel?
i usse an speelchekor

Blowitupref

92 cases today, a good number of yesterdays positive tests added in today by the looks of it.

Cases last two days - 132
Positive tests last two days - 143

Close to 13,000 tests was done in the last 48hrs.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Smurfy123

Of the reported positive tests in the south now only 2% need hospital treatment where as 6 weeks ago 8% of all needed hospital treatment. 75% all under 45 for today's numbers that tested positive

sid waddell

32 years old

But I thought Covid wasn't dangerous to young people - well, at least that's what some posters here have been saying

http://www.ballymenaguardian.co.uk/news/2020/08/14/gallery/all-at-nobel-cafe-utterly-heartbroken-by-death-of-dear-friend-and-colleague-10886/

Kidder81

"Not officially confirmed as Covid19 related at this stage"

thewobbler

Quote from: sid waddell on August 14, 2020, 03:49:14 PM
32 years old

But I thought Covid wasn't dangerous to young people - well, at least that's what some posters here have been saying

http://www.ballymenaguardian.co.uk/news/2020/08/14/gallery/all-at-nobel-cafe-utterly-heartbroken-by-death-of-dear-friend-and-colleague-10886/

It might help you grasp things better if you think of it like this:

Being 32 years old would never be construed as a dangerous age. But 32 year olds do die.

——

Unless you've some evidence that being 32 is a more lethal age now than it has been in recent years, you should probably try a different line of argument.

sid waddell

Quote from: thewobbler on August 14, 2020, 04:06:05 PM
32 years old

Being 32 years old would never be construed as a dangerous age. But 32 year olds do die.

——

Unless you've some evidence that being 32 is a more lethal age now than it has been in recent years, you should probably try a different line of argument.

Woah, the professional contrarian strikes again in an effort to prove that Covid is nothing to worry about.

Absolutely weird the emotional investment some people have in trying to prove that wrong is right.

As a demonstration of Dunning-Kruger, you're a beaut.

quit yo jibbajabba

She had a heart condition from what i hear, just to add to the impending debate

Farrandeelin

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on August 14, 2020, 04:15:45 PM
She had a heart condition from what i hear, just to add to the impending debate

Can anybody enlighten me if congenital heart defects are in danger of this disease.

I posted on BallHopper's medical update thread that I had tetrology of Fallot and I'm unsure of the risks.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

thewobbler

Quote from: sid waddell on August 14, 2020, 04:13:03 PM
32 years old

——

Woah, the professional contrarian strikes again in an effort to prove that Covid is nothing to worry about.

Absolutely weird the emotional investment some people have in trying to prove that wrong is right.

Ah the Dunning Krueger response. The "here's one I made earlier" for Internet debaters.

I'm not trying to prove anything. You are. You are trying to prove that Covid is a serious issue for young people. Your evidence was a solitary, poorly written, poorly researched piece of gutter journalism regarding a single person.

I am fully entitled to deflect nonsense like this into the "would your ever wise your f**king head up" pile.

Now stop calling me names. Humour me. Tell me why Covid is dangerous for young people, while bearing in mind that young people die every hour of the day from all sorts of causes.

sid waddell

Quote from: thewobbler on August 14, 2020, 04:33:34 PM
32 years old

——

Ah the Dunning Krueger response. The "here's one I made earlier" for Internet debaters.

I'm not trying to prove anything. You are. You are trying to prove that Covid is a serious issue for young people. Your evidence was a solitary, poorly written, poorly researched piece of gutter journalism regarding a single person.

I am fully entitled to deflect nonsense like this into the "would your ever wise your f**king head up" pile.

Now stop calling me names. Humour me. Tell me why Covid is dangerous for young people, while bearing in mind that young people die every hour of the day from all sorts of causes.
I think it's fairly obvious you're trying to prove you're an idiot, and you're doing a damn fine job, as you have been for long, long time on this forum with your empty trolling.

My word, a workplace and a local newspaper reporting the death of a young person from Covid is now called "gutter journalism" by you.

Some people hate facts, though, don't they, especially when they're trying to push a Brendan O'Neill Spiked Online view of the world and reality intrudes on that little trolling fantasy.

armaghniac

74 in the six counties, that's far worse than England or France, about which there is much talk, and the R number in NI is 1.6.
Meanwhile, the Irish Open golf is moved to the six counties because anyone can come in without isolation  >:(
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

thewobbler

You a
Quote from: sid waddell on August 14, 2020, 04:46:07 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on August 14, 2020, 04:33:34 PM
32 years old

——

I think it's fairly obvious you're trying to prove you're an idiot, and you're doing a damn fine job, as you have been for long, long time on this forum with your empty trolling.

My word, a workplace and a local newspaper reporting the death of a young person from Covid is now called "gutter journalism" by you.

Some people hate facts, though, don't they, especially when they're trying to push a Brendan O'Neill Spiked Online view of the world and reality intrudes on that little trolling fantasy.

I take it you are aware that you tried to position a newspaper article with no research or proof as a fact?

Hypocrite too.

Capt Pat

A mini outbreak in a mushroom factory today in Tipperary. They announce they will shut and do a deep clean of the plant. If they shut for 3 days is there any need to do a deep clean? The virus can survive on various surfaces for up to three days.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: armaghniac on August 14, 2020, 05:51:14 PM
74 in the six counties, that's far worse than England or France, about which there is much talk, and the R number in NI is 1.6.
Meanwhile, the Irish Open golf is moved to the six counties because anyone can come in without isolation  >:(

What's the testing figure in the last 24 hours in the 6 counties? ROI had 67 cases from 11,337 tests.