Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: JoG2 on August 30, 2018, 11:38:27 AM
Quote from: Syferus on August 30, 2018, 11:36:04 AM
Quote from: Manning18 on August 30, 2018, 11:00:02 AM
Quote from: moysider on August 29, 2018, 11:36:11 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 29, 2018, 11:16:58 PM
Quote from: seafoid on August 29, 2018, 07:51:26 PM
Surely this latest Mayo shenanigan opens the way for Roscommon to dominate Connacht for the next decade.

With the Mayo shenanigans I wouldn't be one bit surprised if Galway now go on to repeat Mayo's 5 in a row of 2015 and those that are writing off Galway for losing this years All Ireland semi final by 9 points should remember that Mayo also lost AIl Ireland semi final by 9 points in 2011.

Hold on. Mayo lost by 9 points to Kerry after taking out AI champions. That was a year after losing to Sligo and Longford under a dysfunctional and archaic administration. No comparison. Galway have been in a stable management structure for years now and if they have made some progress ( arguably not much), they haven't exactly exploded onto the stage. I could argue that they might be already in a transition crisis themselves. I see little future for likes of Gary O Donnell, Bradshaw, Conroy. Some of the newer lads are not good enough. Nice names and all but nothing special.

Which ones exactly?

Stephen Coen springs to mind.

;D

I hope you got the joke.

JoG2

Quote from: Syferus on August 30, 2018, 11:39:55 AM
Quote from: JoG2 on August 30, 2018, 11:38:27 AM
Surely this latest Mayo shenanigan opens the way for Roscommon to dominate Connacht for the next decade.

With the Mayo shenanigans I wouldn't be one bit surprised if Galway now go on to repeat Mayo's 5 in a row of 2015 and those that are writing off Galway for losing this years All Ireland semi final by 9 points should remember that Mayo also lost AIl Ireland semi final by 9 points in 2011.

Hold on. Mayo lost by 9 points to Kerry after taking out AI champions. That was a year after losing to Sligo and Longford under a dysfunctional and archaic administration. No comparison. Galway have been in a stable management structure for years now and if they have made some progress ( arguably not much), they haven't exactly exploded onto the stage. I could argue that they might be already in a transition crisis themselves. I see little future for likes of Gary O Donnell, Bradshaw, Conroy. Some of the newer lads are not good enough. Nice names and all but nothing special.

Which ones exactly?

;D

I hope you got the joke.

Oh yes

Manning18

Which ones exactly?

Yes. And many more members of that beloved class of 2016. Someone inform the CB chairman

larryin89

Stephen coen will be an all star .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

joemamas

Quote from: larryin89 on August 30, 2018, 12:19:50 PM

Larry why do you make such daft statements.Also why throw a specific players name out there.

The lad tries hard, but .....

weareros

Quote from: Rossfan on August 30, 2018, 11:13:22 AM
I see Horan downplaying his alleged forthcoming appointment.

If Horan is not interested, that makes Jimmy favourite. If Jimmy wants a soccer career, that makes Solan favourite. If Solan is considered too green (he is), then next favourite is... Yikes, no wonder our PR released a hands off statement.

highorlow

QuoteLarry why do you make such daft statements.Also why throw a specific players name out there.

I don't think Larry said his name.

p.s. I think he is serious about the all star.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

larryin89

Quote from: joemamas on August 30, 2018, 01:29:26 PM

Larry why do you make such daft statements.Also why throw a specific players name out there.

Larry was responding to above posts slating a player , I happen to think he has potential , he's a big unit . We will see it n the coming years if it's a daft statement or not. He's also a winner .

shark

Quote from: larryin89 on August 30, 2018, 02:43:16 PM

Larry was responding to above posts slating a player , I happen to think he has potential , he's a big unit . We will see it n the coming years if it's a daft statement or not. He's also a winner .

I guess you have more than one account  ::)

larryin89

Quote from: shark on August 30, 2018, 02:50:31 PM

Always been said I have , really don't get why o would but sure no sense in getting worked up about the accusation as I've done in the past. Believe what ya want to believe

shark

Quote from: larryin89 on August 30, 2018, 02:57:22 PM
Quote from: shark on August 30, 2018, 02:50:31 PM

Always been said I have , really don't get why o would but sure no sense in getting worked up about the accusation as I've done in the past. Believe what ya want to believe

Well then you referred to yourself in the 3rd person. Not sure which is worse.

Maroon Manc

Horan always seems to get a free ride from many Mayo fans, he made several big mistakes too mainly the lack of dealing with Donaghy which cost Mayo an All Ireland in 2014. He might have won 4 Connacht titles in a row but he was up against one of the most ill prepared and rudderless Galways teams in a long time whilst Roscommon weren't much better yet still managed to run Mayo close twice during that time and think Sligo weren't too far away in the Connacht Final in either 11 or 12. I'm not knocking him, he's clearly a good manager but he missed huge opportunities when the Dubs were their for the taking in 13 and in 14 when Mayo were a better side than Kerry and had the game won the first day.

I can see from the Mayo posters on here some think there's another year left in them whilst others think that ship has sailed. Given all the soundbites from the county board about money problems about then Horan's comments in the paper today I can't imagine appointing Horan is going to be a smooth process, could go on for ages as I'm sure the coaches he'll want with him won't come cheaply.

If Horan doesn't want it this time round there's always next time and given the age profile of the panel and a few other issues with the County Board you can't blame him if he decides to wait.

Orchard park

Horgan will price himself out of it exactly like Mcstay did 3 years ago and then blame co board for not appointing him...

Syferus

Quote from: Orchard park on August 30, 2018, 07:13:24 PM
Horgan will price himself out of it exactly like Mcstay did 3 years ago and then blame co board for not appointing him...

How was the Breaffy and Ballintubber lads having a hissy fit at the idea of Liam McHale coaching them because he said mean things about them in the papers McStay pricing himself out of the job?

The money men were there regardless so if you really believe Mayo couldn't fund McStay's plans when they had two of the highest-priced mercs in the sport in Buckley and McEntee under Rochford then I really don't know what to say. The brother of the vice chairman/heir-apparent won the job in that 'contest' it should be remembered..