Ulster football negative?

Started by ONeill, September 06, 2010, 11:04:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: MCMLX on September 07, 2010, 10:28:44 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on September 07, 2010, 08:37:37 PM
However, it must cause some concern to some gaels in Tyrone that they will never produce a Mick O'Connell or a Matt Connor or a Ciaran McDonald because they value systems over natural talent.

Peter Canavan?

Was from the pre Mickey Harte era.

The GPA mouthpiece (aka Sean Cavanagh); well, he is manufactured to fit into their little system. Undoubtedly capable of so much more, but sure how often have people been talking about his position on the pitch being dictated by team tactics rather than where he'd play best at? Near all the time.
i usse an speelchekor

Nally Stand

The northern part of our countru is "the home of Gaelic Football".
So says Micko in the Irish News today.

Ouch, Mike Sheehy

:D
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Mike Sheehy

obviously a misprint. He was talking about North Kerry i.e the northern part of our county.

Any one of the Tralee teams alone would have produced more greats than Tyrone.

Nally Stand

Unless the Irish News Ulster All-Star Awards ceremony is held in North Kerry I think he meant Ulster when he said that he was looking forward to speaking at the Awards and that he loved coming up to the north, which he said was "the home of football".

The man knows his football after all!
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Naomh Pol CLG

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on September 08, 2010, 08:01:55 AM
However, it must cause some concern to some gaels in Tyrone that they will never produce a Mick O'Connell or a Matt Connor or a Ciaran McDonald because they value systems over natural talent.

Peter Canavan?

The GPA mouthpiece (aka Sean Cavanagh); well, he is manufactured to fit into their little system. Undoubtedly capable of so much more, but sure how often have people been talking about his position on the pitch being dictated by team tactics rather than where he'd play best at? Near all the time.

There is no "I" in team!!  I would much prefer a system like Tyrone where the players know what they must do to win than the likes of Mayo with Cairan McDonald running around looking great but winning feck all!!

Banana Man

QuoteQuote from: RadioGAAGAA on September 08, 2010, 08:01:55 AM

Peter Canavan?

There is no "I" in team!!  I would much prefer a system like Tyrone where the players know what they must do to win than the likes of Mayo with Cairan McDonald running around looking great but winning feck all!!

+1