Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlimShady

7's, All Ireland Club Final, Sigerson? i have no idea really and far less do i care.

Syd The Sailor

I dont even know why we are discussing it but for what its worth, Mc Gourty is a media darling,Irish News in particular, always has a soundbite and has something to say. I dont think he is too over rated by people that actually know what they are talking about. A high media profile will certainly get you favourable reviews, good club footballer, average intercounty player. End of rant.
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

nrico2006

Thats the only 3 I could think of Slim.

Well put Slim!!
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

saffron sam2

McGourty played in two Sigerson finals, but missed the one in Belfast because he fell out with James McCartan. That would certainly be number 4 and possibly why some think it is five finals.

Good to see O'Boyle back in the squad.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

SlimShady

Closie is captain, he wasn't fit for the full game on Saturday night.

shady character

he had tight calves....tho plyed well by all accounts when he came on.

slim your magic hands must hav worked  :D

Square Ball

Quote from: saffron sam2 on February 14, 2007, 02:52:03 PM
McGourty played in two Sigerson finals, but missed the one in Belfast because he fell out with James McCartan. That would certainly be number 4 and possibly why some think it is five finals.

Good to see O'Boyle back in the squad.

McGourty fall out with someone, never!!  :P
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

aontroim

Creagh Concrete new county senior sponsor - deal is supposed to be worth big money (compared to the £30k / year Bushmills gave)

From antrim.gaa.ie;

Antrim County Board has announced a new sponsorship deal covering the senior football and hurling teams with Creagh Concrete, one of Ireland's leading producers of concrete products, which is headquartered in Toomebridge, County Antrim. Under the deal, which was brokered in part by fundraising body Club Aontroma, Creagh Concrete will brand the senior team's playing gear and partner the county in other innovative ways for three years.

Antrim Chairman John McSparran welcomed the partnership.

"We are delighted to be have secured a long term partnership deal with Creagh Concrete which will help us to improve the fortunes of the county on and off the pitch. We have been looking for the right commercial partner over the last few months and it is important to us to work with a company with roots in and commitment to Antrim. There have been a number of important developments within the county in recent months including the installation of floodlights at Casement Park and the launch of our strategic review. This partnership with Creagh Concrete will help us to build on those and to work towards our long-term goal of real success with our teams.

In our preliminary discussions before concluding a sponsorship deal we found that we had an instant empathy with their work and team ethos, found them similarly ambitious to ourselves and we were particularly attracted by their well earned reputation on being a company that employs from and contributes handsomely to worthy causes from all sides of the community. Their degree of success over the last few years and their track record of innovation is something we very much aspire to as a county especially since they are a County Antrim based company and that makes everyone all the more determined to make this partnership a success for everyone involved. We believe that we can help them develop their markets in the south and elsewhere. We as a county want to be part of their continued success and we would like them to be part of ours."

Seamus McKeague, Managing Director of Creagh Concrete said the firm was pleased to be working with Antrim.

"We have been involved in helping out local clubs and other sports associations in smaller ways and we wanted to step up that support. We were impressed with the professionalism we encountered within the Antrim set up and we want to support the county's move towards a successful future. The principles which underpin the way we go about our work at Creagh Concrete – commitment to success and teamwork – are reflected in the way those behind the Antrim set up are approaching the significant task of helping Antrim achieve the success such a big county deserves. We hope that through our support we can help them achieve this success."

Club Aontroma Chairman Eamonn Prenter said the deal heralded a 'new beginning' in the way Antrim goes about its business. "We worked with the county Board on the sponsorship issue and the whole approach was thorough and professional. Club Aontroma has managed to initiate a degree of interest in Antrim's affairs, which until now was dormant. This important deal with Creagh Concrete is another major step forward.

NOTE

The sponsorship deal begins immediately and will run for the next three seasons.

Over the past twenty-five years, Creagh Concrete has grown to become one of Ireland's leading producers of concrete products for the construction, civil engineering and agricultural sectors.  For more information on Creagh Concrete contact Jacqui Burns on 028 796 51220 or visit www.creaghconcrete.com

For more information on this release contact Terry Cormican on 07742 949111

Ethan Edwards

Gerard O'Boyle and Kevin McCourty are similar, they are both very talented club footballers who cause great problems for the oppostion week in week out, but neither of them have ever counted at county level, McCourty wants to play only on  his terms and Gerard has never really shown any interest in playing at that level,

Are these Antrim great white hopes,  :-[

I stand to be corrected
That'll Be The Day

The Truth

Aye fair comment, i watched him last year when Antrim played Clare in qualifiers at Casement. It was their biggest game of the year and he huffed and puffed and gurned and yapped his way through the match, end product from him....... zilch. Now that was against the might of Clare......
"We serve neither King nor Kaiser"

ONeill

Kevin Brady disappointed me on Saturday. He was a fellow who always looked like he had potential to become a great Antrim player. However, he just seems to run, and run, and run, without little end product. Stylish but limited.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

SlimShady

Creagh Concrete is in Derry!!!

Who are you to question Gerard O'Boyles talent Max? He hasnt played a full season at the County so nobody knows his credentials in that arena.

Ethan Edwards

listen Slim " parnoid" Shady, read my f**king post, I didnt question his talent, I questioned his committment

and for the record the owners of Creagh Concrete are from Antrim, ie Dunloy and they have a base there, typical know it all , know F**k all
That'll Be The Day

SlimShady

mind your language Max. wouldnt want the world to know now would we...

Ethan Edwards

slim grow up, get a life or go out and play with the traffic
That'll Be The Day