China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 12, 2021, 06:21:59 PM
22 up here too which is a lot. Daily cases maybe stabilising a bit but hospital numbers growing more than anyone would like. At current rate more than a thousand will be in hospital next week. Hopefully it slows before we hit that.

According to Angelo they are fake admissions for Covid, he's not convinced that it's real.

Also any of the old ones just put a pillow over their heads, they've lived their lives. Hitler would have had a lovely job for him
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 12, 2021, 07:04:51 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 12, 2021, 06:09:12 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 12, 2021, 06:00:16 PM
Tell me Angelo, do you think it's fake news,  the numbers in hospitals at the minute I mean?

It's a yes or no question, nothing else

In your own time. As you haven't answered It, just added some waffle

I've already answered yours, all Lives count. Anyone in my family that needs medical right away and Nhs can't provide that service, I'll pay for it.

So someone at 70+ is as important as a 20 year old in my view.

I think the numbers need clarity and context. I think they are deliberately misleading and should be clarified by:

A) How many people were admitted to hospital for Covid related reasons
B) How many cases were admitted to hospital for non-Covid related reasons and contracted Covid in the hospital settings?

Do you not want them to be clarified?

Oh you think they are being brought in as flu victims?

No but they could be there for a variety of ailments.

You don't think what a person is admitted to hospital is relevant. You don't want any clarity of context on these figures?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 12, 2021, 08:10:50 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on January 12, 2021, 06:21:59 PM
22 up here too which is a lot. Daily cases maybe stabilising a bit but hospital numbers growing more than anyone would like. At current rate more than a thousand will be in hospital next week. Hopefully it slows before we hit that.

According to Angelo they are fake admissions for Covid, he's not convinced that it's real.

Also any of the old ones just put a pillow over their heads, they've lived their lives. Hitler would have had a lovely job for him

This is the type of hysterical reaction I'd expect from a dimwit without the intellectual ability to frame a decent argument.

Conversely I could say that you want to go around killing 20 year olds. You asked a loaded question to choose who should be saved between a young person and an old person. Clearly you think the old person deserves to continue on living while we should kill the younger person, I would say that in a case of life or death we should prioritise the lives of the elderly and leave the youth to die. I'm sure if you asked any parent of grandparent who have seen there offspring pass before them they'd disagree with your outlook.

But this is the kind of rabbit hole you want to bring this thread down so here we are.

Milltown Row2

I'm sure that's available.

Are you saying that had we no Covid admissions that the ICU beds would be empty and that we wouldn't be full?

It's strange that you still haven't answered my question.

Do you think Covid is fake?

You brought the question up of me wanting to have my child died over an older person! I can show you the post that you brought up! Rabbit hole! Amazing

Your post

Would you rather lose your 20 year old son/daughter or your 80 year old parent/grandparent? You're the one insisting on me answering that question so how about you give it a go yourself.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 12, 2021, 08:51:06 PM

Are you saying that had we no Covid admissions that the ICU beds would be empty and that we wouldn't be full?

You brought the question up of me wanting to have my child died over an older person! I can show you the post that you brought up! Rabbit hole! Amazing

Your post

Would you rather lose your 20 year old son/daughter or your 80 year old parent/grandparent? You're the one insisting on me answering that question so how about you give it a go yourself.

You're the one asking loaded questions here that bear absolutely no correlation to what I said.

You'll find a number of posts back I addressed this consistent and unfounded slur you keep slinging at me, that I want old people to die.

My response:
I'd rather nobody dies but you put a question my way and I think a life not lived is more important to save than a life lived. Presumably you'd rather the 20 year old die given you disagree with me?

You have consistently made unfounded allegations that I want old people to die but given that you disagree with my very rational outlook as outlined above, I can only presume it's because, applying your logic, you want young people to die.

I don't think Covid is a cod but I do think Government are spreading fear and panic and releasing manipulated image that paint a false picture of the current situation.

Id the information is available then is this not clarified. Surely the level of transmission in hospital is of the upmost importance.

The bottom line though is that you seem intent on muddying the waters with hysterical posts, false information and loaded questions.

Angelo

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on January 12, 2021, 08:57:32 PM
FAO Angelo.

22,000 people died of the flu in the US in 2019/20. For context 22,000 died of COVID last week.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/past-seasons.html

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa-trends-graphic/u-s-sets-covid-19-death-record-for-second-week-cases-surge-idUSKBN29G2G9

For contrast Harold.

How many tests for flu were carried out in 2019/20? There were 275m tests carried out in the US for Covid.

How many positive tests for flu did we have for flu in 2019/20? There are 23m positive cases of Covid in the US

We know all over the world that Covid deaths are overstated, that Covid deaths are measured in an arbitrary manner, if there is a positive Covid test regardless of whether it was a contributory factor., it is recorded as a Covid death.

Please answer these questions or maybe answering (or the inability to) would expose your rather skewed logic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on January 12, 2021, 09:01:58 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 12, 2021, 08:51:06 PM

Your post

You're the one asking loaded questions here that bear absolutely no correlation to what I said.

You'll find a number of posts back I addressed this consistent and unfounded slur you keep slinging at me, that I want old people to die.

My response:
I'd rather nobody dies but you put a question my way and I think a life not lived is more important to save than a life lived. Presumably you'd rather the 20 year old die given you disagree with me?

You have consistently made unfounded allegations that I want old people to die but given that you disagree with my very rational outlook as outlined above, I can only presume it's because, applying your logic, you want young people to die.

I don't think Covid is a cod but I do think Government are spreading fear and panic and releasing manipulated image that paint a false picture of the current situation.

Id the information is available then is this not clarified. Surely the level of transmission in hospital is of the upmost importance.

The bottom line though is that you seem intent on muddying the waters with hysterical posts, false information and loaded questions.

Hysterical? You brought up me doing Sophie's choice ffs! You are losing the plot. You have and I'll quote you:

But I think if it's a choice that had to be made in the matter you'd try and save the person in their 20s as they have their whole life to live

And then:

I think a life not lived is more important to save than a love lived.

Shipman was nicer

Harold Disgracey

Quote from: Angelo on January 12, 2021, 09:06:10 PM
FAO Angelo.

22,000 people died of the flu in the US in 2019/20. For context 22,000 died of COVID last week.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa-trends-graphic/u-s-sets-covid-19-death-record-for-second-week-cases-surge-idUSKBN29G2G9

For contrast Harold.

How many tests for flu were carried out in 2019/20? There were 275m tests carried out in the US for Covid.

How many positive tests for flu did we have for flu in 2019/20? There are 23m positive cases of Covid in the US

We know all over the world that Covid deaths are overstated, that Covid deaths are measured in an arbitrary manner, if there is a positive Covid test regardless of whether it was a contributory factor., it is recorded as a Covid death.

Please answer these questions or maybe answering (or the inability to) would expose your rather skewed logic

Evidence for this please. Can you provide peer reviewed sources?

Angelo

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on January 12, 2021, 09:14:13 PM

FAO Angelo.

For contrast Harold.

You haven't answered the questions Harold.

I wonder is that because you're not really an honest broker here.

I have done this already today, go back and read the last few pages about how NISRA classify their deaths.

You really need to answer the questions asked here.

Harold Disgracey

Quote from: Angelo on January 12, 2021, 09:17:08 PM

FAO Angelo.

For contrast Harold.

I have done this already today, go back and read the last few pages about how NISRA classify their deaths.

The answer is provided in the original CDC link.

I just presented statistics and their sources and somehow I'm not an honest broker?

Angelo

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on January 12, 2021, 09:29:47 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 12, 2021, 09:17:08 PM

FAO Angelo.

For contrast Harold.

The answer is provided in the original CDC link.

I just presented statistics and their sources and somehow I'm not an honest broker?

Those questions remain unanswered. They're simple questions, put a figure on them.

You have not told me how many tests were carried out for flu in the US in 2019/20? How many is it or will you continue to avoid this question?
275m is the number of Covid tests carried out in the US for contrast.

You have not answered how many positive flu tests we had in the US in 2019/20? How many is it or will you continue to avoid the question?
23m is the number of positive Covid tests returned in the US for contrast.

So if you can't answer these then it really undermines the message you are trying to communicate here.

Go on and surprise me. Show me you are an honest broker.

charlieTully

I have not posted on here in a good while. I never really took posting on here that serious and done my fair share of WUM craic, I dip in and out but have been reading this tread recently. I work over a couple of the acute hospitals in the north, the bulk of my work is in emergency departments and medical admission wards. Angelo please believe me when I say this is very real, covid positive patients are lying on trolleys in corridors in emergency departments waiting for beds in the wards that just are not there. Till now the number of deaths have been kept low due to treatment being readily available, this is an option fast running out, where once everyone stood a fighting chance now the hard choices are having to be made. Not by you though Angelo. You just have to stay in as much as you can. I do not have a link too exactly how many patients are admitted with Covid but i do have access to the northern Ireland electronic care record which i monitor every time I am on duty, every 3-4 people in are with shortness of breath, I wonder why??, the majority over 65 but plenty in the 30, 40s and 50s. This is far far worse than the first wave. I have no links, no stats. Just what I see.

Angelo

Quote from: charlieTully on January 12, 2021, 09:44:08 PM
I have not posted on here in a good while. I never really took posting on here that serious and done my fair share of WUM craic, I dip in and out but have been reading this tread recently. I work over a couple of the acute hospitals in the north, the bulk of my work is in emergency departments and medical admission wards. Angelo please believe me when I say this is very real, covid positive patients are lying on trolleys in corridors in emergency departments waiting for beds in the wards that just are not there. Till now the number of deaths have been kept low due to treatment being readily available, this is an option fast running out, where once everyone stood a fighting chance now the hard choices are having to be made. Not by you though Angelo. You just have to stay in as much as you can. I do not have a link too exactly how many patients are admitted with Covid but i do have access to the northern Ireland electronic care record which i monitor every time I am on duty, every 3-4 people in are with shortness of breath, I wonder why??, the majority over 65 but plenty in the 30, 40s and 50s. This is far far worse than the first wave. I have no links, no stats. Just what I see.

I've never said it's not real but there is a lot of misinformation flying out there.

Is not hard to countenance for people how we accepted a level of death in Jan 2018 without batting an eyelid that has yet to be reached yet during any month of Coivd when hysteria is running wild.

Milltown Row2

Who didn't bat an eyelid?

Someone posted many links to headlines about that really bad flu of 17/18 but you keep saying no one said a thing!

Really bizarre.

You question the admissions as if people are in for other illnesses rather than Covid.

You probably were one of the twits that believe those photos of empty wards!

Have you a link to this information you quoted earlier:?

We do know hospitals are a major part of the transmission and people who were admitted for other reasons than Covid are again included in the Covid numbers.