China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Are there still flights going from Italy to UK/Ireland?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Taylor

First death confirmed in Ireland today  :-\

Franko

Quote from: Mourne Red on March 11, 2020, 10:12:15 AM
My own 2 cents, I don't think its much too worry about - It is mostly killing older people which if you see mortality rates in China/Italy compared to Germany (lower age population) is why deaths are so high in those countries. The stockpiling which has started is causing people to panic to get out to the shops so they have necessities, although the 10 bags of pasta the man infront of me had this morning was taking the piss a bit.

I do think the NHS will collapse (be allowed too) under the stress and it will be sold off privately why BoJo hasn;t called a country lockdown for UK

Really not sure how you manage to square those two off against each other.

tyrone girl

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 11, 2020, 03:12:18 PM

Dont think there are any going to Ireland but easy jet have been flying from Milan to Gatwick as recent as yesterday anyway

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Taylor on March 11, 2020, 03:19:16 PM
First death confirmed in Ireland today  :-\

Saturday, February 29th the first confirmed case. I fear what stats will be in another month.

armaghniac

Quote from: tyrone girl on March 11, 2020, 03:35:57 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on March 11, 2020, 03:12:18 PM

Dont think there are any going to Ireland but easy jet have been flying from Milan to Gatwick as recent as yesterday anyway

The flights to Ireland continue for a couple of days so people can get home.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

trailer

Prepare to shut down... Schools, GP practices soon to be announced. Make arrangements. Buy toilet roll.

bigarsedkeeper

Meant to go to Disney Paris on Monday with the kids, booked it last summer. Disney aren't closing/won't close so can't claim any money back through travel agency. Checked with the travel insurance and you don't have a claim if you decide not to travel because you are worried about the situation as it is, you have to have it to claim! Travel agents are going on like there's nothing happening at all. It stinks. Even the kids are worried about going now. I agree we shouldn't be going but that's a big bill to swallow and no way to claim any of it back. All paid for too - anybody know anyway around it?

Solo_run

WHO have decaled it an pandemic. It's out of control now so don't know why it isn't a pandemic.

Meanwhile whoever thought this was a good idea...

https://ibb.co/82NvwQs

Harold Disgracey

Looks like there is good news from Italy regarding COVID-19 (coronavirus).  Tocilizumab, an anti-arthritis drug, is showing great promise in treating coronavirus-caused pneumonia in critical cases. Chinese doctors discovered this last week, anecdotally reported to have been used successfully in Iran as well.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on March 11, 2020, 04:57:24 PM
Looks like there is good news from Italy regarding COVID-19 (coronavirus).  Tocilizumab, an anti-arthritis drug, is showing great promise in treating coronavirus-caused pneumonia in critical cases. Chinese doctors discovered this last week, anecdotally reported to have been used successfully in Iran as well.

Excellent. Good work them.

i usse an speelchekor

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on March 11, 2020, 05:02:21 PM

Anything that slows this down and helps treat people affected can only be welcomed.

Condolences to the family of the lady who passed away. RIP.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on March 11, 2020, 05:06:26 PM

Anything that slows this down and helps treat people affected can only be welcomed.

More than that - if it can relieve the pressure on ventilators you might see a disproportionately large increase in survival rates when the shit does hit the fan.
i usse an speelchekor

armaghniac

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on March 11, 2020, 05:08:24 PM
Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on March 11, 2020, 05:06:26 PM

More than that - if it can relieve the pressure on ventilators you might see a disproportionately large increase in survival rates when the shit does hit the fan.

All of this is an illustration of why measures to delay the virus now can help. It may diminish over the summer and by November you could have more ventilators, some drugs to use and more beds organised.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

AFM

Quote from: bigarsedkeeper on March 11, 2020, 04:45:56 PM
Meant to go to Disney Paris on Monday with the kids, booked it last summer. Disney aren't closing/won't close so can't claim any money back through travel agency. Checked with the travel insurance and you don't have a claim if you decide not to travel because you are worried about the situation as it is, you have to have it to claim! Travel agents are going on like there's nothing happening at all. It stinks. Even the kids are worried about going now. I agree we shouldn't be going but that's a big bill to swallow and no way to claim any of it back. All paid for too - anybody know anyway around it?

Feel your pain, as mentioned it's all about the money, hopefully folk stop booking in advance after this is all over and give the travel and entertainment the kick up the ass it needs. Imagine the money they have a year or so in advance of your trip.