Hallow'een is Coming and the Geese are Getting Fat

Started by Clinker, October 03, 2015, 02:54:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leenie

nah wouldn't be to popular in the clogher valley
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

omaghjoe

Have to say I am gobsmacked about purdy pudding in Arboe and Benburb. How did it get to those places from the heartland? Any Granny's reared somewhere else?

The Subbie

Quote from: omaghjoe on October 07, 2015, 06:35:54 AM
Have to say I am gobsmacked about purdy pudding in Arboe and Benburb. How did it get to those places from the heartland? Any Granny's reared somewhere else?

Yes, me granny was originally from The Brantry............

omaghjoe

Quote from: The Subbie on October 07, 2015, 10:20:54 AM

Is it widely taken about the Brantry? If so I might have to re-calibrate my imaginary boundary

What part of North Tyrone Bailer?

Cant reconcile Arboe at all, really has hit me for 6 that one

omaghjoe

Stall the Bailer

Quote from: omaghjoe on October 09, 2015, 04:37:01 AM

Is it widely taken about the Brantry? If so I might have to re-calibrate my imaginary boundary

Dunamanagh, Aughabrack, Glenelly

The Subbie

Quote from: omaghjoe on October 09, 2015, 04:37:01 AM

I've had it at cousins house in The Brantry but the first time I got a taste of it was in Aughnacloy.

5 Sams

The Aristocrat Years

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

5 Sams

The Aristocrat Years

JoG2

Anyone get to Derry a run? Had the youngest in on Fri and Sat.  Incredible buzz about and loads to see and do.  The parade last night was amazing.  Superb fireworks show to finish off.  Beautiful weather too which helps. 

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: omaghjoe on October 04, 2015, 08:29:01 PM
Ah Powerful stuff altogether

Pretty sure they make it in parts of Fermanagh as well, but plenty of Tyrone ones have never heard of it either.

I reckon the area it covers is roughly an ellipse with Fintona at the centre, Carrickmore to Ederney the East West boundaries and Ballygawley to Mountfield North south.

Dont think it infiltrates the Clogher valley or Drumquin area but could stand corrected?
Widely available in the Clogher valley surely.
Had a great bowl of it yesterday with a load of butter  :)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

omaghjoe