Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: Jinxy on February 24, 2017, 09:07:39 PM
This is more like it.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/joe-brolly-super-eight-proposals-are-a-private-club-for-the-big-counties-a-commercial-juggernaut-35475716.html

Mayo drawing with Kerry and Dublin x2 the last couple of years has made the GAA boys realise there is a lot of money to be made from these games. Especially Dublin Games against so called Better opposition. So what we are looking at is Dublin getting more tough games to win an AI title (cos most of their game are boring anymore). And the crowds for this will dwindle as well.

Syferus

Joe Brolly was right. About pretty much everything.

Even Spillane and the Leitrim man weren't far off.

Main Street

Just another Brolly ploy, to suck you in to the sentiment that Brolly is right about this core issue, therefore he could have a point when he goes an another justification berry picking journey for random anecdotes which support his ........ (I don't know what Joe actually believes)  whatever against sports psychologists,  teams which lose an AI final  ::)

"The primary aim has to be that players are club first and county second",
Is this so? Not proof positive  but I have posed a county or club  success question to a few seasoned county players   and their answers after some thought, was county first and these guys were hardened club members. Though one said, club first  but later said county.

ONeill

This is more like it.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/joe-brolly-super-eight-proposals-are-a-private-club-for-the-big-counties-a-commercial-juggernaut-35475716.html

Why is Joe a part of the whole inter-county TV set up though if he deplores the way it's going?

Will he refuse to take RTE's bucks during the Super 8?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

longballin

Quote from: ONeill on February 25, 2017, 10:00:57 PM
This is more like it.

Why is Joe a part of the whole inter-county TV set up though if he deplores the way it's going?

Will he refuse to take RTE's bucks during the Super 8?

If everyone against what is going on theyre would be few left. You just dont walk away, you stay and fight from within...

DuffleKing

Mickey can rest easy - he'll be back on Armagh next weekend!

I wonder would anyone just say to him "You know Joe, anyone with an ounce of wit thinks you're telling lies and make all these confidential stories up"

screenexile

Quote from: DuffleKing on April 03, 2017, 02:58:45 PM

I wonder would anyone just say to him "You know Joe, anyone with an ounce of wit thinks you're telling lies and make all these confidential stories up"

Do you think he's making this up? Have you been to a Senior Football training session recently? It'd bore you to tears very few managers know how to instil enjoyment into the game anymore!

Main Street

Quote from: screenexile on April 03, 2017, 02:42:30 PM
YYYEEEEEOOOOOOWWWWWWW!!!!

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/joe-brolly-claims-tyrone-player-told-him-county-training-is-depressing-784258.html
Although Joe has obsessively pursued a vendetta against the validity of sports psychologists in the GAA over these past month, he has now effortlessly  jumped on the sports psychology platform, voyeuristically claiming that fear, low morale, dreadful boredom and depression has completely enveloped Tyrone GAA.
I expect Mickey will announce a code red and conduct a good old fashioned purge in order to root out the babbling snitch ("one of their really, really good players" apparently).

Fuzzman

I'd say Joe does some laughing to himself when he's writing this articles.
Like quite a few lads on here he seems to have a huge interest in Tyrone's affairs.
I wonder was he annoyed yesterday after Derry did so well to beat Fermanagh and be saved from Div 3 football for 5 mins before Down equalised with Cork to force them down as well.

Esmarelda

Quote from: screenexile on April 03, 2017, 03:12:09 PM

Do you think he's making this up? Have you been to a Senior Football training session recently? It'd bore you to tears very few managers know how to instil enjoyment into the game anymore!
Perhaps, but if you were one of Tyrone's top players and Joe Brolly asked you how training was going, would you tell him the truth?

I'd fill him full of nonsense in the knowledge that he'd have it in one of his columns.

rosnarun

Quote from: Main Street on April 03, 2017, 03:18:34 PM
Quote from: screenexile on April 03, 2017, 02:42:30 PM
YYYEEEEEOOOOOOWWWWWWW!!!!

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/joe-brolly-claims-tyrone-player-told-him-county-training-is-depressing-784258.html
Although Joe has obsessively pursued a vendetta against the validity of sports psychologists in the GAA over these past month, he has now effortlessly  jumped on the sports psychology platform, voyeuristically claiming that fear, low morale, dreadful boredom and depression has completely enveloped Tyrone GAA.
I expect Mickey will announce a code red and conduct a good old fashioned purge in order to root out the babbling snitch ("one of their really, really good players" apparently).

I wonder how are the boys in Derry Gaa feeling this week . a lot worse than tyrone id reckon.
the mans a coward hiding behind 'Dúirt bean liom go ndúirt bean léi' for his character assasinations
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

longballin

he's telling the truth and a lot of Tyrone supporters are sick looking at that 'style' of play - players are bound hate it

Main Street

This is Joe's stopped clock moment, the ring of truth tolls loud.
"Tyrone  possess a formidable offensive arsenal. But it has been mothballed for several years. The OCD has become entrenched."
"even the shrewdest supporters have succumbed to the culture of caution".

DuffleKing

Quote from: screenexile on April 03, 2017, 03:12:09 PM

You seem certain he's not. Odd given the length of time we've suffered Joe and the culture of 'fool's pardon' he enjoys in the GAA environment. Remember, we've had joe far longer than America has had Trump