Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barnish oggie

Quote from: Saffrongael on December 05, 2023, 08:57:58 PMWould Cassidy not have fancied a go in Div 1 with Glenravel ? Can't imagine it's went down great in Glenravel. I suppose when it's a hired gun that's what can happen

I was told he informed the Glenravel lads recently he couldn't continue next season due to work commitments......he neglected to say it was because he would be working for another club!

imtommygunn

Maybe he thought they'd never find out  ;D

Silver hill

Quote from: Spike on December 04, 2023, 05:52:09 PMquote author=Silver hill link=msg=2237786 date=1699865270]
I was at the game and it happened right in front of us. McCann lifted his elbow into an unnatural position and caught Mcguckin on the jaw/cheek. Straight red all day long.

Silver Hill i think everyone has moved on.  Your own credibility evaporated the second you posted the above which all video and photographic evidence refutes.

Enjoy your run with Glen rather than prolonging what appears to be a niggling doubt about that side. I'm sure the derry discussion board are awaiting your wisdom
[/quote]

Refutes....  :-*

Oso

Quote from: Silver hill on December 06, 2023, 08:12:02 PM
Quote from: Spike on December 04, 2023, 05:52:09 PMquote author=Silver hill link=msg=2237786 date=1699865270]
I was at the game and it happened right in front of us. McCann lifted his elbow into an unnatural position and caught Mcguckin on the jaw/cheek. Straight red all day long.

Silver Hill i think everyone has moved on.  Your own credibility evaporated the second you posted the above which all video and photographic evidence refutes.

Enjoy your run with Glen rather than prolonging what appears to be a niggling doubt about that side. I'm sure the derry discussion board are awaiting your wisdom

Refutes....  :-*
[/quote]

It irks you because you know, but you can't admit that Glen may well not have gotten through that game with 15 Cargin men on the pitch for the duration.

Your original statement of what you say you saw is just as reliable as the linesman's on the day who's originally from Foreglen and now lives in Donegal. It just lacks any credibility at all. 

NorthAntrim

Quote from: barnish oggie on December 06, 2023, 05:06:08 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on December 05, 2023, 08:57:58 PMWould Cassidy not have fancied a go in Div 1 with Glenravel ? Can't imagine it's went down great in Glenravel. I suppose when it's a hired gun that's what can happen

I was told he informed the Glenravel lads recently he couldn't continue next season due to work commitments......he neglected to say it was because he would be working for another club!

if true thats gutless

HealthySaff

That's a pity the all star games are postponed. I was looking forward to bringing the kids to it.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: HealthySaff on December 08, 2023, 11:21:00 AMThat's a pity the all star games are postponed. I was looking forward to bringing the kids to it.

I would not have been a nice experience for them considering the flooding in and around the Antrim area these past few days, roads closed all over the place last night on way home from work and it rained a good bit on top of that.

Can only imagine lads getting injured (Hightown springs to mind)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

InnocentByStander

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 08, 2023, 12:01:52 PM
Quote from: HealthySaff on December 08, 2023, 11:21:00 AMThat's a pity the all star games are postponed. I was looking forward to bringing the kids to it.

I would not have been a nice experience for them considering the flooding in and around the Antrim area these past few days, roads closed all over the place last night on way home from work and it rained a good bit on top of that.

Think it will ever go ahead?

Saffrongael

Quote from: InnocentByStander on December 08, 2023, 12:29:11 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 08, 2023, 12:01:52 PM

Think it will ever go ahead?
Refixed for 30 December
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Milltown Row2

Quote from: HealthySaff on December 09, 2023, 10:43:44 PMHearing the paid official lost badly  in ulster today. Not the first time !

What do you lose? If you are paid?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: HealthySaff on December 10, 2023, 01:42:25 AMIf you get £50k + for being the most incompetent person you lose nothing .

Throwing insults behind the keyboard...

You're some pup

InnocentByStander

Magherafelt minors can feel very hard done. That pen decision was absolutely awful don't know how he's give that.

Interested to hear MR2 views

Milltown Row2

Quote from: InnocentByStander on December 10, 2023, 11:50:04 AMMagherafelt minors can feel very hard done. That pen decision was absolutely awful don't know how he's give that.

Interested to hear MR2 views

Haven't seen it tbf..

GTP

Video on Jerome Quinns and St Paul's twitter. It looks like a very poor decision to give a foul.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GTP on December 10, 2023, 12:43:40 PMVideo on Jerome Quinns and St Paul's twitter. It looks like a very poor decision to give a foul.

The foul where the goal keeper takes out the player?

Give your head a wobble

Is that tackle a free on any part of the pitch?