Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaffronSports

Quote from: HealthySaff on November 24, 2023, 08:35:33 PMTalk shite.. only county in idle land without a proper county ground. Corrigan unfit for purpose unless we all move off the banks 🙄.
Shambles!

I don't really care about deadlines for the Euros (although probably our best chance re payment) but we need a proper county ground. If Casement isn't possible see what can be done at Dunsilly or even Ballymena then.

HealthySaff

Quote from: SaffronSports on November 24, 2023, 08:40:40 PM
Quote from: HealthySaff on November 24, 2023, 08:35:33 PMTalk shite.. only county in idle land without a proper county ground. Corrigan unfit for purpose unless we all move off the banks 🙄.
Shambles!

I don't really care about deadlines for the Euros (although probably our best chance re payment) but we need a proper county ground. If Casement isn't possible see what can be done at Dunsilly or even Ballymena then.

Dunsilly- let's pay millions to get an ambulance into it and build some toilets .

Pjoe

Looks like you are in the know EOC - please inform us who paid for and built the two pitches and changing rooms at Musgrave?

Quote from: EOC1923 on November 23, 2023, 10:43:21 PM
Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on November 23, 2023, 10:29:45 PMA lot of clubs could afford one of these. Instead, however, they throw good money after bad at snake oil merchants to take their senior team that, if they they are honest with themselves, haven't a fcukin prayer of winning anything.

There are absolutely wrongs in this but it is a much better investment of club funds if you ask me.
It's an interesting move by them going forward, many Dublin 'Super Clubs' do this, most of them own a pitch and some changing rooms though

EOC1923

Quote from: Pjoe on November 24, 2023, 09:00:12 PMLooks like you are in the know EOC - please inform us who paid for and built the two pitches and changing rooms at Musgrave?

Quote from: EOC1923 on November 23, 2023, 10:43:21 PM
Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on November 23, 2023, 10:29:45 PMA lot of clubs could afford one of these. Instead, however, they throw good money after bad at snake oil merchants to take their senior team that, if they they are honest with themselves, haven't a fcukin prayer of winning anything.

There are absolutely wrongs in this but it is a much better investment of club funds if you ask me.
It's an interesting move by them going forward, many Dublin 'Super Clubs' do this, most of them own a pitch and some changing rooms though

Can you point out where I said I knew who paid for the pitch you play on or changing rooms you use?
You are doing something different with the GPO that many clubs would like to be able to do, don't be so touchy about it.

bannside

Quote from: NAG1 on November 24, 2023, 11:06:11 AM
Quote from: bannside on November 24, 2023, 10:35:44 AMWe all know clubs in the city are punching below their weight these last few years, as SW clubs step up, but what we really need is a dozen clubs all stepping up, raising the bar and producing better all round players. A rising tide lifts all boats, and fair play to St Brigids for the initiative to think outside the box a bit.

What's the story with the new development then BS?

What the plan?

Sorry Nag, just seeing this!

Portglenone held an information  session  recently outlining architectural plans for the clubs ambitious development and upgrade of its facilities.

The sheer size of the project will necessitate it being done in several phases, and if/when it comes to fruition the grounds will be up there with the very best.

I scratch my head just wondering how it will be delivered, but thankfully the club has a hard core of professionals (Donal Murphy included) and individuals involved in construction, including O Boyle Construction who built Corrigan stand and Dunsilly facility, and several prominent businesses who are built into the fabric of the club.

Nothing if not ambitious round these parts!

NorthAntrim

Bannside what are the proposed plans? Already fantastic facilities

SaffronSports

Should just build a pile of big stands around it and send the Euros to Portglenone.

barnish oggie

Quote from: SaffronSports on November 24, 2023, 06:51:49 PM
Quote from: barnish oggie on November 24, 2023, 06:41:17 PM
Quote from: SaffronSports on November 24, 2023, 12:43:07 PMIs a lot of that not what Gaelfast do for clubs in Antrim Belfast?

Fixed that for you  ;)

I can't speak for everyone but I know Woody regularly runs programs in the local primary school and also ran multiple courses for the local clubs and I live nowhere near Belfast.

Ach it was only joke based on a long running topic here that they do nothing outside of Belfast, nothing serious.

I know they go round a few schools here from time to time and organise the post primary competitions, which are great for the kids.

NorthAntrim

Is this contractor shambles the final nail in the coffin for casement? surely adds a big big delay and realistically what contractor could step in and start this at the drop of a hat! A major major job! No euros no casement as well

InnocentByStander

I Didnt see this as much of a surprise originally it was a joint venture by heron and Buckingham group who were also doing the new stand at Liverpool but have sense went bust.

The fact half of the venture went bust probably left a lot of Heron's plate which they maybe couldn't commit to, no major surprise to me. 

HealthySaff

Our ground could do with a stand !!

Silver hill

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 14, 2023, 09:58:12 AM
Quote from: Silver hill on November 13, 2023, 10:27:27 PMCargin learnt nothing from last year. What's the point it just trying to contain Glen? 2 points from play this year, similar last year. Why not have a cut if your players are as talented as you say they are? Some bit of whinging this year and last. If that's the height of your ambition; to limit Glen to a 4 point defeat, then you're never going to get past a first round in ulster. As for us, this is all new territory and we'll enjoy our moment on the sun as we know we'll fall back into the pack like every other club does. I'm enjoying the ride so far, we'll see where it ends. Not playing that well this year but just about doing enough. Our wide count yesterday is worrying as they were from good positions and under minimal pressure. We won't get away with that down the line. Scotstown looking like the firm team, that was a big scalp to take yesterday. 9 county players, jack mccarron now transferred in, they'll be hard to stop I think

Think you need to gave a word with your 'stats man' S H Cargin did score three points from play, not a lot but  Glen managed just  one more...2 from J Doherty, one each from corner back Michael Ward and Ciaran Mc Faula.
The rest from placed efforts, a few questionable.....

As for outa form players did Conor Glass get a kick at all?

Think you need to take another peek and at your recording and keep fingers crossed the Cavan man may be recalled North if Glen reach the final...

Ahem.....just for the record Country Bumpkin, we scored 5 from play in the game... 2 from JD, and one each from warnock, mcfaul and Ethan Doherty. Just wanted to tidy that up for you. And I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but Cargin only had 2 scores in the game from play....one in first half from your centre half back, and then one in the second from your sub Close. I think it's important that we try to be accurate when quoting stats.

antrimman667

Quote from: Silver hill on November 29, 2023, 02:03:19 PM
Quote from: Silver hill on November 13, 2023, 10:27:27 PMCargin learnt nothing from last year. What's the point it just trying to contain Glen? 2 points from play this year, similar last year. Why not have a cut if your players are as talented as you say they are? Some bit of whinging this year and last. If that's the height of your ambition; to limit Glen to a 4 point defeat, then you're never going to get past a first round in ulster. As for us, this is all new territory and we'll enjoy our moment on the sun as we know we'll fall back into the pack like every other club does. I'm enjoying the ride so far, we'll see where it ends. Not playing that well this year but just about doing enough. Our wide count yesterday is worrying as they were from good positions and under minimal pressure. We won't get away with that down the line. Scotstown looking like the firm team, that was a big scalp to take yesterday. 9 county players, jack mccarron now transferred in, they'll be hard to stop I think

Think you need to gave a word with your 'stats man' S H Cargin did score three points from play, not a lot but  Glen managed just  one more...2 from J Doherty, one each from corner back Michael Ward and Ciaran Mc Faula.

Think you need to take another peek and at your recording and keep fingers crossed the Cavan man may be recalled North if Glen reach the final...

Ahem.....just for the record Country Bumpkin, we scored 5 from play in the game... 2 from JD, and one each from warnock, mcfaul and Ethan Doherty. Just wanted to tidy that up for you. And I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but Cargin only had 2 scores in the game from play....one in first half from your centre half back, and then one in the second from your sub Close. I think it's important that we try to be accurate when quoting stats.

f**k me like groundhog day talking about this match. get the f**k over it

Silver hill

Quote from: antrimman667 on November 30, 2023, 12:56:12 PM
Quote from: Silver hill on November 29, 2023, 02:03:19 PM

f**k me like groundhog day talking about this match. get the f**k over it

Just a wee fact check chief, keeps the record straight, otherwise people just spout shit.