Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJL

Great performance but PSG looked very flat for most of the game. Hopefully a sign that Utd are finding some form and can kick on a bit.

sid waddell

The Brucie Bonus worked a charm for Manchester United at the weekend, as it always does

Set Manchester United up well for tonight

I suppose the one big plus about Solskjaer is that unlike Lampard, he's a likeable sort

Showed in their teams' respective performances tonight

Fantastic winner by Rashford

Also a quality impression by Martial of Lawrie Sanchez's winning goal in the 1988 FA Cup final

gallsman

Thoroughly deserved win from United. Could, perhaps should, have won by more.

Quote from: Cunny Funt on October 20, 2020, 09:59:23 PM
Talk about impressive return to the Champions league. Fully deserved that win, defended and attacked better than last seasons runners up.

The view that Ole fluked the win against PSG in March last year was quashed tonight as that night as today United were well set up tactically.

What? You understand tonight was a different fixture, yeah?

delgany

That Jersey tonight was shocking! Sack the designer now !

Cunny Funt

Quote from: gallsman on October 20, 2020, 10:30:13 PM
Thoroughly deserved win from United. Could, perhaps should, have won by more.

Quote from: Cunny Funt on October 20, 2020, 09:59:23 PM
Talk about impressive return to the Champions league. Fully deserved that win, defended and attacked better than last seasons runners up.

The view that Ole fluked the win against PSG in March last year was quashed tonight as that night as today United were well set up tactically.

What? You understand tonight was a different fixture, yeah?

Tonight like March 2019 was no fluke win is my point.

snoopdog

Great performance from every player. The defence namely AWB and Tuanzebe were excellent. Lindelof and shaw also did well. Maguire shouldnt get back in there after that performance. But I think if fit Ole will select him for Chelsea game.

Hound

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 20, 2020, 10:04:06 PM
Good win. Kudos to the manager for that brave selection too. Some finish by Rashford for his goal. Overall the better team too in my opinion.
Agree, well deserved win.

Apart from Mbappe, who I think is super, PSG not a very likeable team.

I wouldn't go as far as saying that Maguire should be dropped from the team for every game, but I thought that was definitely a game where United were better off without him.

Taylor

Took the game in and was impressed by the defence - seems a big difference from when Maguire was there.
The pace of the young lads at the back keep PSG quiet.

While credit is due to Utd you would have to say that PSG performance was very poor.

hard to like any team with Neymar in it

Maroon Manc

Brilliant result, United should have won that very comfortably as PSG were brutal; They were so far of the pace, reminiscent of United's performance against Palace. Credit to Ole though as he made a positive tactical move to go and win the game and paid off. Its puts United in a great position in a difficult group.

The most pleasing aspect was seeing Tuanzebe make his comeback, just pray he can stay fit as he's capable of making a huge impact. I thought Fred had a great game too, he has a good partnership with McTominay and hopefully we see more of them starting together as a pair.

Delighted for Rashford, he played well up until his goal although there's elements of his game that still need plenty of work but he did score 22 in 44 goals last season which is an impressive return.

laoislad

Surprised EC Unique GJL hasn't been on with his 'United are back' post.. maybe he has finally learned to keep quiet after it backfiring the other half dozen times he's posted it  ;)

Good result though last night in fairness..
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

NAG1

Quote from: laoislad on October 21, 2020, 11:58:17 AM
Surprised EC Unique GJL hasn't been on with his 'United are back' post.. maybe he has finally learned to keep quiet after it backfiring the other half dozen times he's posted it  ;)

Good result though last night in fairness..

As opposed to 'this is our year' for how long  ;)

Good performance by the team last night, a very lacklustre PSG team helped but even the structure and pattern of play in a new system seemed to suit that line up.

Pogba did make a difference when he came, if any manager could get even 75% of his potential out he would be a world beater.

DeGea back to looking confident. Fred still not at the level required though.

Hopefully give them a confidence boost for the next run of games.

Farrandeelin

Any reports from today's game? I don't have the full sky sports package.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

sid waddell

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 24, 2020, 09:29:48 PM
Be doing well to get anything by tomorrow morning, I think the Manchester United supporters are still asleep after it

Rich Ricci

Really poor game, Chelsea seemed happy to leave with the 0-0 and Utd didn't exactly go out all guns blazing. Rashford had a 1 v 1 saved in the first half and bar a couple of long range saves from Mendy I'm struggling to think of any chances?

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 24, 2020, 09:29:48 PM

Far from a classic game, Lampard known for open expansive football set Chelsea up very defensive today and he had his new signings keeper Mendy and Silva to thank for keeping a clean sheet. Oles tactic of finishing the game with a stronger team didn't work and bringing Maguire straight back into the team and dropping Tuanzebe after a fine display against PSG almost backfired as another ref would have given a penalty for a clumsy tangle in the box.

Cavani looked lively when introduced and he might get his first start against the German league leaders next.