man city new invincibles

Started by mayoaremagic, December 10, 2017, 05:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Keyser soze on November 08, 2018, 10:30:31 AM
Quote from: HiMucker on November 08, 2018, 10:18:06 AM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on November 08, 2018, 09:52:40 AM
Quote from: Boycey on November 07, 2018, 01:17:15 PM
Its mental stuff if true, little or no coverage thus far but I see journos on Twitter starting to call it out now..

Here's today revelations, I'm sure link to previous articles is in it.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/manchester-city-exposed-chapter-3-recruiting-pep-guardiola-a-1236621.html

Heres the original overview.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/football-leaks-manchester-city-paris-saint-germain-gianni-infantino-a-1236277.html

I know a bit about football revenues and it was obvious what City were up to but didn't know to that extent. They've not just broken the rules they've absolutely taken the piss out of it. The likelihood is that of City's turnover of £500m that at least £120m is complete fabrication. They wouldn't have won any of those league titles without doing so.

The Glazers don't care as its not really affecting them too much but can see why the likes of Real, Barca & Bayern want something done about it.
Are your concerns, and the concerns of Real, Barca and Bayern for ethical reasons, or purely because City can now challenge you all for honours? I don't remember too many concerns from United fans or fans of other big clubs of the financial advantages they had and still have over their fellow competitors? And lets be honest that advantage is significantly greater than any advantage City now exert over their immediate rivals. Financial doping ruined the competiveness of professional football a long time before City came on the scene, so don't expect the average fan to shed tears for United and other big clubs that don't like what City are doing.

You do not seem to understand what the term financial doping actually means. Having a large fan base and generating more revenue than other teams is a legitimate sporting and business model. Getting a massive handout from a random foreigner with no relation to what the club is able to generate from its own resources is an entirely different matter. It is the latter which is termed financial doping. Man Utd have suffered from the exact reverse of financial doping for the past decade, having had an owner who has used them as a cash cow from which money can be siphoned off at an enormous rate. 

Though I don't see why Real Madrid have any grounds to complain as they have benefitted from massive financial doping for decades.

And to the poster eulogizing Leicester's achievement as a strike against financial doping .. it appears to have slipped your mind  that they were taken over by a Thai billionairre, the recently deceased Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha RIP, which was the sole reason they were able to challenge for a title.

Leicester worked from limited budget compared to the likes of Man City and Chelsea. They were the 4th lowest in terms of wages for that title winning season, it was more or less same team that spent the bulk of the season before near the bottom of the Premier League. The highest priced signings they made was Kanté for a mere £5.6 million and Shinji Okazaki for £7 million.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: johnnycool on November 08, 2018, 02:03:26 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on November 08, 2018, 01:20:54 PM
Its mental stuff if true, little or no coverage thus far but I see journos on Twitter starting to call it out now..

http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/manchester-city-exposed-chapter-3-recruiting-pep-guardiola-a-1236621.html

http://www.spiegel.de/international/football-leaks-manchester-city-paris-saint-germain-gianni-infantino-a-1236277.html

I know a bit about football revenues and it was obvious what City were up to but didn't know to that extent. They've not just broken the rules they've absolutely taken the piss out of it. The likelihood is that of City's turnover of £500m that at least £120m is complete fabrication. They wouldn't have won any of those league titles without doing so.

The Glazers don't care as its not really affecting them too much but can see why the likes of Real, Barca & Bayern want something done about it.
Are your concerns, and the concerns of Real, Barca and Bayern for ethical reasons, or purely because City can now challenge you all for honours? I don't remember too many concerns from United fans or fans of other big clubs of the financial advantages they had and still have over their fellow competitors? And lets be honest that advantage is significantly greater than any advantage City now exert over their immediate rivals. Financial doping ruined the competiveness of professional football a long time before City came on the scene, so don't expect the average fan to shed tears for United and other big clubs that don't like what City are doing.

FFP is also their to protect those clubs who've seen owners come in and completely mismanage the club and its ended in financial disaster like Portsmouth and various other clubs.

Irrespective of the rights and wrongs of FFP and the financial doping thats gone on before it doesn't make what City have done right, they've allegedly broken the rules and continue to do so should face the consequences.

I think you need to differentiate the likes of what happened at Portsmouth, Leeds Rangers, etc, etc where "owners" leveraged the club into huge debts based on fanciful notions of the return of European football and whatever would cover the mess from what is happening at City and PSG where the investors are pumping their own hard cash in.

If anything FFP should be set up to prevent what the Glazers did at United from happening again where they didn't spend one brass farthing of their own to secure the club and mortgaged the stadium and using Unites vast income streams to service it. If those streams dry up which in fairness is unlikely then United would be couped.

Agree on all of the above but as unlikely as it may seem what happens to City & PSG if the owners decide they've had enough? Both club rely heavily on their alleged inflated commercial deals to break even.

trueblue1234

I think City should be docked points. And I think they should do it this season. 15-20ish should do.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Minder

Quote from: trueblue1234 on November 08, 2018, 04:40:27 PM
I think City should be docked points. And I think they should do it this season. 15-20ish should do.

Think they would still win the league this year
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

You'd need to dock points off Chelsea too  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Quote from: Maroon Manc on November 08, 2018, 04:19:48 PM

FFP is also their to protect those clubs who've seen owners come in and completely mismanage the club and its ended in financial disaster like Portsmouth and various other clubs.

Irrespective of the rights and wrongs of FFP and the financial doping thats gone on before it doesn't make what City have done right, they've allegedly broken the rules and continue to do so should face the consequences.

I think you need to differentiate the likes of what happened at Portsmouth, Leeds Rangers, etc, etc where "owners" leveraged the club into huge debts based on fanciful notions of the return of European football and whatever would cover the mess from what is happening at City and PSG where the investors are pumping their own hard cash in.

If anything FFP should be set up to prevent what the Glazers did at United from happening again where they didn't spend one brass farthing of their own to secure the club and mortgaged the stadium and using Unites vast income streams to service it. If those streams dry up which in fairness is unlikely then United would be couped.

Agree on all of the above but as unlikely as it may seem what happens to City & PSG if the owners decide they've had enough? Both club rely heavily on their alleged inflated commercial deals to break even.

Then they'd have to cut their cloth to suit like anyone else. Their new found global market would soften the blow but indeed changes would be made i.e. reducing the payroll and so forth. They'd still more than likely be solvent though.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: johnnycool on November 09, 2018, 09:18:21 AM

Then they'd have to cut their cloth to suit like anyone else. Their new found global market would soften the blow but indeed changes would be made i.e. reducing the payroll and so forth. They'd still more than likely be solvent though.

That would soon disappear.

There would be a very strong chance they'd be relegated within 2 years with the financial upheaval.

johnnycool

Quote from: Maroon Manc on November 09, 2018, 09:37:00 AM

There would be a very strong chance they'd be relegated within 2 years with the financial upheaval.

It seems that City have invested heavily in their academy so I very much doubt that although they certainly wouldn't be bidding for the high end players.

NAG1

Quote from: johnnycool on November 09, 2018, 11:00:32 AM

It seems that City have invested heavily in their academy so I very much doubt that although they certainly wouldn't be bidding for the high end players.

Invested being the word, these academies are not solely developing young local talent.

johnnycool

Quote from: NAG1 on November 09, 2018, 11:21:37 AM
Quote from: johnnycool on November 09, 2018, 11:00:32 AM

Invested being the word, these academies are not solely developing young local talent.
Long gone are the days they did that. It's a global market for young kids as well.

Taylor

I dont for a second believe Utd will lie down tonight.
Sunday's performance by them was probably the worst thing that could have happened us.
If they raise their game to unbelievable levels then they could sneak a draw.

We need 3 points tonight - anything else and we can kiss goodbye to the PL.

Going from a possible quadruple to the two mickey mouse cups will be a bad season given the resources Pep has

Taylor

Some craic in this thread.

Given who is now in the CL final, as good as Pep is he has to be now under serious pressure to win the CL next season.

Given the money we are spending each year I dont think the PL will be enough going forward

Dearg

Pep is no fraud, he is a fantastic manger.
Man City have been excellent this year when teams all around them have lost their shit they have kept calm and worked away winning football matches.
I think it will be their most impressive title win of them all.

reillycavan

City getting Everton game called in December was a game changer. Will they present Jordan Pickford with a medal for his contribution? His tackle on Van Dijk ruined liverpool season.

maldini

Wouldn't have made a difference
Fulham and Newcastle have won at Everton in recent weeks I'm sure City in this form would have done so too had the league not called off the fixture for covid