man city new invincibles

Started by mayoaremagic, December 10, 2017, 05:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David McKeown

Quote from: Taylor on April 09, 2018, 12:33:17 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on April 08, 2018, 08:22:18 PM
Quote from: Taylor on April 08, 2018, 08:01:11 PM
While the referee was a disgrace yesterday (can't remember a worse performance in PL) we should have been out of sight at half time.

Sterling has had a great season but his old failings came back to haunt him.

Time to move on and get tore into the bottlers Tuesday night

The ref was fine yesterday

Penalty decision was a shocker and thats just for starters

I thought the penalty decision could have gone either way. Young gets to the ball first, Aguero arrived almost at the same time the coming regathering of the two on the ball forces Young's foot onto the ground where it bounces up into the shin of Aguero.

Interestingly 5 mins later City won the ball back off MacTominay in similar circumstances but there was no talk of it being a foul at all. Think it may have lead to the Aguero chance as well.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

StGallsGAA

Think it could be time to change the title of the thread lads... 3 capitulations in the space of a week.

mouview

Citeh quite unlucky with officialdom it must be said. Had goals ruled out on very questionable offsides in both games.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: mouview on April 10, 2018, 10:09:11 PM
Citeh quite unlucky with officialdom it must be said. Had goals ruled out on very questionable offsides in both games.
Any excuses needs to be parked. Beaten 5-1 over two legs and created just three shots on target in the two matches.

seafoid

Quote from: mouview on April 10, 2018, 10:09:11 PM

Man City would remind you of the Galway hurlers a few years ago. Highly regarded but pure usheless against Monaco last year. Big clear out. Highly regarded but pure usheless against Liverpool this year....Drop.lhe heads with 20 minutes to.go.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

David McKeown

I thought City were superb first half and got the wrong end of the decision on at least three major decisions.  They could have had three penalties and Sane's goal should have stood.  If they got any of those decisions it could have been a very different game.

From the Bunker

Quote from: David McKeown on April 10, 2018, 10:53:12 PM
I thought City were superb first half and got the wrong end of the decision on at least three major decisions.  They could have had three penalties and Sane's goal should have stood.  If they got any of those decisions it could have been a very different game.

+1 (and I'm a Liverpool fan!)

Cunny Funt

Sane goal yes but the penalties were dives and only a poor ref would have given those.

laoislad

Penalties? Not a hope were any of them penalties.
Also the first goal was a foul on VVD so if that goal isn't given you also have a different game.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

David McKeown

I really don't see what Van Dyke is complaining about as in I must have missed it because I saw absolutely nothing rather than I saw it and think he's wrong. What exactly happened?

As for the penalties I think one possibly two could have been given but they would have been harsh.

The Sane goal was simply awful officiating although so was the Mane booking

Taylor

Shafted by another refereeing decision.
2-0 at ht and the second half takes on a totally different complexion

AZOffaly

City very unlucky with that second goal. Definitely should have stood. Would have made it very nervy indeed, but the damage was really done by not scoring at Anfield.

Hound

Quote from: David McKeown on April 11, 2018, 12:13:29 AM
I really don't see what Van Dyke is complaining about as in I must have missed it because I saw absolutely nothing rather than I saw it and think he's wrong. What exactly happened?

Agree that he shouldn't have been complaining. He got a small clip on the heel from Sterling, but there was little in it, it didn't seem to impede him at all, he was still in clear possession, so just get on with it.

However, just because he's wrongly appealing for a foul and looking for a free he doesn't deserve, that doesn't mean you can just ignore the subsequent foul. As Van Dijk is playing the ball forward, Sterling connects with him in the chest with his arm/forearm/elbow, which knocks Van Dijk over. It's an absolutely clear foul. 

David McKeown

Quote from: Hound on April 11, 2018, 08:37:30 AM
Quote from: David McKeown on April 11, 2018, 12:13:29 AM

Agree that he shouldn't have been complaining. He got a small clip on the heel from Sterling, but there was little in it, it didn't seem to impede him at all, he was still in clear possession, so just get on with it.

However, just because he's wrongly appealing for a foul and looking for a free he doesn't deserve, that doesn't mean you can just ignore the subsequent foul. As Van Dijk is playing the ball forward, Sterling connects with him in the chest with his arm/forearm/elbow, which knocks Van Dijk over. It's an absolutely clear foul.

I wasn't ignoring it I was simply wondering what it was that he was complaining about as I had been watching that part of the match without sound.

Maroon Manc

City were on the wrong end of a really poor decisions last night but that game was lost in 20 crazy minutes at Anfield; Pep's team have form for this in the CL, so many times his teams have just have a spell where they fall apart. City were always going to tire in that 2nd half and were always going to have to score 5 goals to win, that decision last night didn't impact on the result.