man city new invincibles

Started by mayoaremagic, December 10, 2017, 05:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayoaremagic

Can this man city go 100 games unbeaten? Some team

quit yo jibbajabba

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

quit yo jibbajabba

Denn Forever

I don't think you want to lable them that if you support them.  Remember Arsenal Invincibles?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Taylor

While the referee was a disgrace yesterday (can't remember a worse performance in PL) we should have been out of sight at half time.

Sterling has had a great season but his old failings came back to haunt him.

Time to move on and get tore into the bottlers Tuesday night

nrico2006

Quote from: Taylor on April 08, 2018, 08:01:11 PM
While the referee was a disgrace yesterday (can't remember a worse performance in PL) we should have been out of sight at half time.

The ref was fine yesterday
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Taylor

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 08, 2018, 08:22:18 PM

Penalty decision was a shocker and thats just for starters

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Taylor on April 09, 2018, 12:33:17 PM

These things even themselves out over the course of the season, some go for you others against, City will win it in 2 weeks at home against a lesser team.. Great team just a tad unlucky last couple games
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Captain Obvious

As even Wigan Athletic proved this Manchester City side were far from invincible.

Syferus

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 09, 2018, 01:02:37 PM

These things even themselves out over the course of the season, some go for you others against, City will win it in 2 weeks at home against a lesser team.. Great team just a tad unlucky last couple games

Those that say random events even themselves out over any length of time have a very tenuous grasp of statistical mathematics.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Syferus on April 09, 2018, 02:53:54 PM

Those that say random events even themselves out over any length of time have a very tenuous grasp of statistical mathematics.

I never said I was into statistical maths, but that would explain a lot about you

Its called the rub of the green, if you've ever played a sport before you'll have been in the position that luck has went your way during a match, and times were it hasnt, if your the type that luck has never ever went your way (which i think would be true for you) then I'd stop playing  ;)

Who was it that said, you make your own luck?

Syferus

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 09, 2018, 03:02:38 PM

I never said I was into statistical maths, but that would explain a lot about you

Its called the rub of the green, if you've ever played a sport before you'll have been in the position that luck has went your way during a match, and times were it hasnt, if your the type that luck has never ever went your way (which i think would be true for you) then I'd stop playing  ;)

Probably the same fellas who came up with all the other hollow cliches in sport.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Syferus on April 09, 2018, 03:09:02 PM

Probably the same fellas who came up with all the other hollow cliches in sport.

While he wasn't the origin of it one of the greatest golfers of all time Gary Player is attributed as using 'the harder I practice the luckier I get' maxim on a number of occasions. I would not classify him as one who comes up with 'hollow cliches' and he certainly has walked the walk and talked the talk. You often find hurlers on the ditch seem to think that these cliches are just phraseology but the reason they become cliches is that once upon a time they were true (or perhaps they always are true!). I know that anyone who has played sport at any level knows that you do create your own 'luck' by hard work and practice. Also perrenial losers always blame 'bad luck' 'bad referees' 'bad conditions' ,  all external things to mask their own failures. The old cliche of you get out of life what you put in is true, the same way in sport, you'll get out of a sport what you put in.

Syferus

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 09, 2018, 03:39:49 PM
Quote from: Syferus on April 09, 2018, 03:09:02 PM

While he wasn't the origin of it one of the greatest golfers of all time Gary Player is attributed as using 'the harder I practice the luckier I get' maxim on a number of occasions. I would not classify him as one who comes up with 'hollow cliches' and he certainly has walked the walk and talked the talk. You often find hurlers on the ditch seem to think that these cliches are just phraseology but the reason they become cliches is that once upon a time they were true (or perhaps they always are true!). I know that anyone who has played sport at any level knows that you do create your own 'luck' by hard work and practice. Also perrenial losers always blame 'bad luck' 'bad referees' 'bad conditions' ,  all external things to mask their own failures. The old cliche of you get out of life what you put in is true, the same way in sport, you'll get out of a sport what you put in.

If the idea is motivation the words used are interchangeable. They are literally meaningless.

Luck is random. Effort isn't.