Laois - Bits & Pieces

Started by Mossy Bruce, January 31, 2019, 10:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keyser Söze

I don't think GDPR would allow for that? Personal medical records...
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Keyser Söze

If the reported 2,000 subscribers to Laois TV last weekend translates as roughly €6,500 profit (going on the reported €1,000 fee per game, and allowing for a discount for Saturday's almost double header), how would this compare to a regular weekends profits?

I presume we can also add in another €1000 per game for supporters tickets x at least 12 games- SHC/PIHC/IHC). 

Would take the weekend up to around €20,000 takings when you include a few euro from the various JHC games.
There are approx 11 such weekends between hurling and football on the Laois GAA calendar by my calculations- 5 in hurling & 6 in football.
Football weekends possibly draw bigger crowds & there are more games at senior level. Also the final stages are surely the big purse drawers.
Are they really losing out on gate receipts?

clonadmad

Quote from: Keyser Söze on August 06, 2020, 12:36:42 AM
If the reported 2,000 subscribers to Laois TV last weekend translates as roughly €6,500 profit (going on the reported €1,000 fee per game, and allowing for a discount for Saturday's almost double header), how would this compare to a regular weekends profits?

I presume we can also add in another €1000 per game for supporters tickets x at least 12 games- SHC/PIHC/IHC). 

Would take the weekend up to around €20,000 takings when you include a few euro from the various JHC games.
There are approx 11 such weekends between hurling and football on the Laois GAA calendar by my calculations- 5 in hurling & 6 in football.
Football weekends possibly draw bigger crowds & there are more games at senior level. Also the final stages are surely the big purse drawers.
Are they really losing out on gate receipts?

I must dig out the County Board annual reports but in 2018 the hurling receipts were definitely greater than those of the footbal,2019 I cant remember which was greater

SCFC

You'd have to wonder at the wisdom of going ahead with GAA for the next fortnight. It's really very worrying.

https://www.midlands103.com/news/midlands-news/laois-td-calling-on-gaa-to-cancel-fixtures-this-weekend/

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: SCFC on August 07, 2020, 12:25:37 PM
You'd have to wonder at the wisdom of going ahead with GAA for the next fortnight. It's really very worrying.

https://www.midlands103.com/news/midlands-news/laois-td-calling-on-gaa-to-cancel-fixtures-this-weekend/
All games off now. I wonder will that game that Timahoe were reported to have forfeited be now rescheduled?
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: Keyser Söze on August 07, 2020, 08:38:31 PM
They will surely have to be afforded the opportunity HU?
Agreed. Surely. Strangest of times. Our own lads were supposed to train tonight ahead of a local derby but instead were told to stay at home and await the next steps.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Spiritof1915

An absolute disgraceful decision by the government to cancel gaa. They have done everything right and more since games have resumed. Mental health will be severely affected. A lot of people don't know that suicide has claimed more lives in laois that covid since March. Sean Fleming should be ashamed of himself also

Blow-in

So we blame Sean Fleming? Blame the ones who have followed the guidelines. We can blame all the factories, all the foreign people all want, but us Irish have been as bad!
Also stop with the Mental Health stuff. Every year be begging lads to go to the field, they wouldn't go if it's opened. Mental health bull as usual. Poor me card in relation to the GAA. Stay at home. Don't go on your holidays for one summer.

Spiritof1915

Quote from: Batman!!! on August 08, 2020, 12:29:08 PM
So we blame Sean Fleming? Blame the ones who have followed the guidelines. We can blame all the factories, all the foreign people all want, but us Irish have been as bad!
Also stop with the Mental Health stuff. Every year be begging lads to go to the field, they wouldn't go if it's opened. Mental health bull as usual. Poor me card in relation to the GAA. Stay at home. Don't go on your holidays for one summer.
an absolutely deluded comment. So you saying mental health/suicide isn't relevant in all this. Practically everyone I know has followed the lock down rules impeccably and now laois in particular has been made a scapegoat because of failings in other sectors. I could start with the severe impact this 2 week lock down will have on businesses in laois but its a gaa forum. So while the rest of the country get to go and enjoy championship games in the bright summer evenings laois, offaly and kildare have to suffer. What are you even doing on a gaa forum.

SCFC

Quote from: Spiritof1915 on August 08, 2020, 01:07:52 PM
Practically everyone I know has followed the lock down rules impeccably.
You must live a very sheltered life. Jesus, the amount of house parties, BBQ's, drinking in huge groups I've heard of is unreal.

It's not just GAA either. It's all sports are suffering.

Personally, I think it is no harm to pause things locally for a fortnight until we have a better picture.

The PRO

No luck for Zack down under this morning. Was a very poor game to watch I thought.

Keyser Söze

Not sure if this will post here. But a great image of 4 very committed Laois men here about 3 seconds in. Blink or you'll miss it stuff unfortunately. Presume it was after the NHL Quarter Final in 1996?

https://twitter.com/cianlynch1996/status/1319628617605877760?s=21

Tried to post a screenshot, but it's beyond me!

SCFC

Quote from: The PRO on October 24, 2020, 01:41:11 PM
No luck for Zack down under this morning. Was a very poor game to watch I thought.

I saw a lad from Emo saying "Great result" on social media after the game! Still sick about 2015 I suppose😂

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: Keyser Söze on October 24, 2020, 02:49:20 PM
Not sure if this will post here. But a great image of 4 very committed Laois men here about 3 seconds in. Blink or you'll miss it stuff unfortunately. Presume it was after the NHL Quarter Final in 1996?

https://twitter.com/cianlynch1996/status/1319628617605877760?s=21

Tried to post a screenshot, but it's beyond me!

Here ya go Keyser Soze

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Keyser Söze

Cheers, God bless your tech ability!!
That was a great day!