The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor

Quote from: sid waddell on October 01, 2020, 10:16:43 AM
Quote from: Taylor on October 01, 2020, 09:29:42 AM
Dont take this personally Sid as I dont know you but if what you post is what you believe and it is typically the way of many Democrats behave it is clear to see why some moderate Republicans or undecided voters go with Trump.

I know you may not see this, but the anti Trump supporters seem to be as crazy and fanatical as some of the moderate Trump supporters.

It truly is a fucked up situation
I am fanatically anti-fascist, fanatically anti-the widespread denigration of science and reason and fanatically anti-the targetting of minorities for othering

I see no reason why everybody shouldn't be fanatically anti-those things because the evidence is pretty clear those things are disastrous for humanity

This is a discussion forum and if people are not fanatically anti-those things it is up to them to explain why they are not

It is up to them to explain why they are in favour of ideologies which are demonstrably disastrous for humanity

And the vast majority of people are anti those things as well.

However if anyone has the temerity to question something or even have a different view (no matter how minor) the vitriol that comes there way from you (and many Democrat supporters) is incredible.

Perhaps if the anti Trump brigade tried to get their message across in a different way (rather than in the way outlined above) then this vote in November wouldnt even be a contest

Look-Up!

Quote from: Taylor on October 01, 2020, 10:25:05 AM
Dont take this personally Sid as I dont know you but if what you post is what you believe and it is typically the way of many Democrats behave it is clear to see why some moderate Republicans or undecided voters go with Trump.

I know you may not see this, but the anti Trump supporters seem to be as crazy and fanatical as some of the moderate Trump supporters.

I am fanatically anti-fascist, fanatically anti-the widespread denigration of science and reason and fanatically anti-the targetting of minorities for othering

I see no reason why everybody shouldn't be fanatically anti-those things because the evidence is pretty clear those things are disastrous for humanity

This is a discussion forum and if people are not fanatically anti-those things it is up to them to explain why they are not

It is up to them to explain why they are in favour of ideologies which are demonstrably disastrous for humanity

However if anyone has the temerity to question something or even have a different view (no matter how minor) the vitriol that comes there way from you (and many Democrat supporters) is incredible.

Perhaps if the anti Trump brigade tried to get their message across in a different way (rather than in the way outlined above) then this vote in November wouldnt even be a contest
Exactly Taylor. Foaming at the mouth telling people what they should do or think and what it makes them if they don't never works. Doesn't matter how good the intentions are or how morally high they think the ground they're standing on is. All the person on the receiving end sees is, well, someone foaming at the mouth at them. Natural inclination will always be to turn the other way.
Sad to see more of that entrenched mentality creeping its way here across the Atlantic. Brainwashing comes to mind.

Rudi

+1 the left should stand by their ideologies of freedom of speech, not freedom of speech on their own terms.

sid waddell

You're just playing the pathetic victim card and throwing out inanities

I thought part of the appeal of Trump was that "he tells it like it is" (he does the opposite), that "free speech" was important, that leftwingers were "snowflakes", that they were against "cancel culture" and "shutting down" things

It's all projection

It turns out they are everything they claim they aren't, and the left are not those things at all

All Trump supporters have is fake victimhood

It's hilarious

Time to front up rather than calling for Mammy to protect yis

sid waddell

Quote from: Rudi on October 01, 2020, 12:25:17 PM

+1 the left should stand by their ideologies of freedom of speech, not freedom of speech on their own terms.

Lolz, the same people who are claim to be "pro-free speech" are calling for me to be shut down

You couldn't make it up

Hurt feelings ahoy

Call for Mammy

LCohen

What is it that the left are preventing people from saying?

sid waddell

Quote from: Look-Up! on October 01, 2020, 12:17:30 PM

Exactly Taylor. Foaming at the mouth telling people what they should do or think and what it makes them if they don't never works. Doesn't matter how good the intentions are or how morally high they think the ground they're standing on is. All the person on the receiving end sees is, well, someone foaming at the mouth at them. Natural inclination will always be to turn the other way.
Sad to see more of that entrenched mentality creeping its way here across the Atlantic. Brainwashing comes to mind.

Utter inanity and totally disconnected from reality, it's like a random cliche generator

The problem with Trump supporters is none of them can debate because nobody can seriously defend fascism

sid waddell

Quote from: LCohen on October 01, 2020, 12:32:42 PM

Their inane cliches are based entirely on a imagined right that hate speech should go unchallenged

It's the Sun/Daily Mail view of the world, they don't live in the real world

Rudi

Anyone with an alternative opinion to most of the left leaning posters on here are ridiculed instead of presented with reasonable debate. One poster in particular is shocking, no manners what so ever. If you dont agree with me, your a degenerate retard, have the brains of a 10 year old. This kind of destructive nonsense has no place on a gaa forum, would you agree?

RedHand88

Quote from: Rudi on October 01, 2020, 12:52:35 PM

Anyone with an alternative opinion to most of the left leaning posters on here are ridiculed instead of presented with reasonable debate. One poster in particular is shocking, no manners what so ever. If you dont agree with me, your a degenerate retard, have the brains of a 10 year old. This kind of destructive nonsense has no place on a gaa forum, would you agree?

Is embarrassing. It's just downright rude. I'm going to mute him, couldn't be bothered with that crap.

sid waddell

There's zero substance to the posts of far right posters here

They aren't capable of debate

The reason for that is they have decided to inhabit a make, believe fantasy world of perpetual victimhood

They reject the world of reality - and facts, reason and context are an affront to that make believe world view

This is the truth of what has actually happened, it's couldn't be more obvious

You cannot reason with the far right

Somebody like Red Hand 88 isn't capable of reasoning

sid waddell

Quote from: RedHand88 on October 01, 2020, 12:54:14 PM

Is embarrassing. It's just downright rude. I'm going to mute him, couldn't be bothered with that crap.

Snowflake

Retreat to your safe space

Call for Mammy to protect you

I thought this was the world you hated

But you are the very epitome of it

Lolz

Trump supporters are so pathetic and weak

sid waddell

Like, there's literally no way to defend this carry on, and why would anybody even try

The Trump regime openly defends a white supremacist murderer

So much for being pro-"law and order", it's pro-chaos and racist murder

There are no "legitimate questions" to ask about this, the Trump regime is pro-white supremacist terror and has always been so

Nazi comparisons are accurate and pertinent

Quotehttps://www.nbcwashington.com/news/national-international/dhs-memo-told-officials-to-make-comments-favorable-to-kenosha-shootings-suspect/2432408/

DHS Memo Told Officials to Make Comments Favorable to Kenosha Shooting Suspect
DHS talking points obtained by NBC News show officials were told to speak sympathetically about Kyle Rittenhouse, the teen charged with killing two protesters in Kenosha, Wisconsin

Federal law enforcement officials were directed to make public comments sympathetic to Kyle Rittenhouse, the teenager charged with fatally shooting two protesters in Kenosha, Wisconsin, according to internal Department of Homeland Security talking points obtained by NBC News.

In preparing Homeland Security officials for questions about Rittenhouse from the media, the document suggests that they note that he "took his rifle to the scene of the rioting to help defend small business owners."

Another set of talking points distributed to Homeland Security officials said the media were incorrectly labeling the group Patriot Prayer as racists after clashes erupted between the group and protesters in Portland, Oregon.

Look-Up!

Quote from: sid waddell on October 01, 2020, 12:33:10 PM

Utter inanity and totally disconnected from reality, it's like a random cliche generator

The problem with Trump supporters is none of them can debate because nobody can seriously defend fascism
No offence but you sound like you need help

sid waddell

Quote from: Look-Up! on October 01, 2020, 02:48:04 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on October 01, 2020, 12:33:10 PM

No offence but you sound like you need help
Thanks but that's not an argument and it's also the exact same thing you've been pretending to complain about - sneering and insulting, "foaming at the mouth" stuff

That makes you a total hypocrite and shows your complaints up to be pure bad faith trolling

You can't be taken seriously with posts like that

If I was to behave like a Trump supporter or the "both sides" merchants I'd now claim fake victimhood and pretend I was being silenced