Belfast Car Parking

Started by FermGael, March 17, 2018, 12:14:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FermGael

I am heading away for a few days days holiday on Thursday.
I managed to get a good deal but I am flying out of Belfast City a.m but flying back into Dublin late on the following Tuesday .  There is a bus running from Dublin that will get me back up to Belfast for about 1 or 2 depending if the flight is on time. 
Plan was to park the car up in the City, get the bus out to the airport and then obviously collect the car when I get back to Belfast.
Could anybody suggest somewhere to park the car?
I was looking at the likes of McCausland, etc but they all seem to close at 11 p.m which obviously wouldn't suit. 
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

markl121

Would you not consider parking somewhere residential like up the top of ravenhill or Rosetta and then taxi to airport?  Taxi would only be a few pound

Rois

Europa car park (where I park) is open 24 hrs, attached to the bus station and alternative to McCauslands so near air coach drop off.  Not sure a out daily rate tho - make me an offer and I'll consider subletting depending on date  ;D

illdecide

A fellow GAA Boarder would be your best bet in around the City...If i was in Belfast you'd be more than welcome to park on my driveway but i'm half hour away...Belfast Gaels?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

RedHand88

There's plenty of streets around the top of the ravenhill with lads of parking. Taxi to the city from there would be cheaper than a car park for a few days.

brokencrossbar1

Here I don't live in Belfast the whole time but I stay there 2-3 nights a week in north Belfast. You can leave the car outside the house where I stay just off the top end of the Antrim road and taxi it across. Would be safe as houses.

illdecide

See I knew there'd be a Gael out there (Def not a Belfast Gael though ;D)). Thats a good offer Ferm Gael, If you had have beaten Armagh yesterday the offer might have been a bit different ;)

illdecide

City slickers...wouldn't bid ya the time of day, takes a Culchie to offer his services...Stick your driveway up your hole ;D

michaelg

You can park FOC in Sydenham, just beside the footbridge at the railway halt.  5 min walk to airport from there or there is even a bus transfer from entrance to airport at bottom of footbridge if you are feeling lazy.  Car will be safe as houses.  Have done it plenty of times myself. 

FermGael

Thanks everybody.
Thanks Crossbar for the offer but I got a more central one which is extremely handy.
They know who they are and it is appreciated
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Tony Baloney

Quote from: FermGael on March 20, 2018, 12:52:39 PM
Thanks everybody.
Thanks Crossbar for the offer but I got a more central one which is extremely handy.
Post their details as it might save me a few quid next time I'm up shopping.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 20, 2018, 12:58:05 PM
Thanks everybody.

Why did he not just park it at the airport, the miserable cnut  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AQMP

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 20, 2018, 02:31:39 PM
Thanks everybody.

Aye, tight feckers!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: AQMP on March 20, 2018, 03:29:16 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 20, 2018, 02:31:39 PM
Thanks everybody.

Aye, tight feckers!
f**k City Airport. The hoors charge about 60 quid for a week and they shut down Boal's to monopolise car parking.

BrotherMore6592

Heading to Belsonic on Saturday for Paolo Nutini

Where is the best place to park your car that won't cost a fortune? I'm designated driver

previously i would have just lumped it in somewhere in holylands within walking distance to ormeau park?

Hoping to head down early on saturday and make a day of it, just 2 of us, so being early might help.

M2/M1 home can do either.

thanks very much in advance.