Previous topic - Next topic

SHEEDY

Quote from: thewobbler on March 04, 2018, 08:24:24 PM
Quote from: ONeill on March 04, 2018, 07:41:13 PM
Quote from: screenexile on March 04, 2018, 07:22:28 PM
Best team ever in the PL!

Fair play to them!!

Think Arsenal 2004 wud bate them.

City will end with more points, and a vastly superior goal difference, in what is most likely a stronger league than 2004.
definitely would argue against it being a stronger league. Man city are miles ahead, liverpool, man utd and spurs are very good teams with good players. Chelsea have slipped a bit but the rest of the teams in the league are all somewhere between very average to very poor.
nil satis nisi optimum

screenexile

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 04, 2018, 08:35:48 PM

Fair play to them!!

Utd in their heyday would put it up to them.

In a one off game the Arsenal invincibles or one or two of Uniteds teams may beat them but in terms of their overall season the figures don't lie and that's against a good Spurs and Liverpool side, Chelsea reigning champions and a Mourinho United. Behind City the league is as competitive as it's been in a long long time!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: screenexile on March 04, 2018, 08:39:36 PM

Fair play to them!!

In a one off game the Arsenal invincibles or one or two of Uniteds teams may beat them but in terms of their overall season the figures don't lie and that's against a good Spurs and Liverpool side, Chelsea reigning champions and a Mourinho United. Behind City the league is as competitive as it's been in a long long time!

I think being 18 points ahead of your nearest rivals would point to a poor league but having so many teams doing well in the CL would say different. A funny league with Liverpool only losing 3 games
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

thewobbler

Quote from: SHEEDY on March 04, 2018, 08:37:07 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on March 04, 2018, 08:24:24 PM

Fair play to them!!

City will end with more points, and a vastly superior goal difference, in what is most likely a stronger league than 2004.
definitely would argue against it being a stronger league. Man city are miles ahead, liverpool, man utd and spurs are very good teams with good players. Chelsea have slipped a bit but the rest of the teams in the league are all somewhere between very average to very poor.

It's probably not possible for a league that is famously falling down with money to have a weaker bottom half than it did 15 years ago. The cream might leave the league for riches elsewhere, but the next grade down can't be any richer than in England.

Cunny Funt

We'll see what PL records this City side will break this season. So far they have most consecutive wins: 18

As it stands.

Most wins in a season (38 games): 30, Chelsea (2016–17)  City on 25 wins at the moment.

Most goals scored in a season: 103, Chelsea (2009–10)  City on 83 goals at the moment

Best goal difference in a season: 71, Chelsea (2009–10) City on a 63 GD at the moment

Most points in a season: 95, Chelsea (2004–05) City on 78 points at the moment

Of course as we all know there was football before Premier league but i am too lazy to look back on those records.

Minder

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 04, 2018, 08:45:01 PM
Quote from: screenexile on March 04, 2018, 08:39:36 PM

Fair play to them!!

I think being 18 points ahead of your nearest rivals would point to a poor league but having so many teams doing well in the CL would say different. A funny league with Liverpool only losing 3 games

I think it points to the team that is 18 pts ahead as being so superior to the other teams rather than a poor league   
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Captain Obvious

If Chelsea fail to beat Tottenham in a few weeks the title race and top four race could be done and dusted by early April. I'm sure SKY and BT sports would prefer their league more competitive than that and not just left to hype up a relegation battle.

StGallsGAA

Quote from: Captain Obvious on March 04, 2018, 09:00:32 PM
If Chelsea fail to beat Tottenham in a few weeks the title race and top four race could be done and dusted by early April. I'm sure SKY and BT sports would prefer their league more competitive than that and not just left to hype up a relegation battle.

But what a battle that will be.  Just 7 points separate the drop zone from the top half of the table!  Unbelievable Jeff!!!

Boycey

I love these impossible discussions...

They're probably the easiest on the eye of all the Premier League winners and are on course for a record breaking season so I suppose they definitely are in contention for best ever...

But as I said before nobody cares  ;)

imtommygunn

Top 4 could be interesting though and the relegation battle may be good though west brom look buggered. The other 2 spots quite open. Chelsea could step up yet for top 4 though at present pardew and conte must be top 2 for the chop.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 04, 2018, 10:11:34 PM

Top 4 could be interesting though and the relegation battle may be good though west brom look buggered. The other 2 spots quite open. Chelsea could step up yet for top 4 though at present pardew and conte must be top 2 for the chop.

Both favs for the chop along with Wenger!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Still be surprised if wenger gets sacked. Before end of season at least.

Jell 0 Biafra

Spurs play both Chelsea and City in the coming weeks.  They're only 5 points clear of Chelsea right now.  Several other games between top five teams too.  I think goal difference may matter, and that may be part of the reason for Conte's setup today.

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: Boycey on March 04, 2018, 09:19:03 PM
I love these impossible discussions...

They're probably the easiest on the eye of all the Premier League winners 

Find them quite boring to watch myself.  I'd much rather have the direct style of the Utd. team that featured Tevez Rooney and Ronaldo (and I'm not utd. fan).

heganboy

If Liverpool continue to win until city play at Old Trafford, I think they can clinch the title with a win in the Derby
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity