Premier League 2017/18

Started by heganboy, July 19, 2017, 04:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Boycey on August 12, 2017, 04:26:09 PM
I wouldn't have expected their fans to be ecstatic but the champions getting booed off at ht in the opening game just about sums up modern day football fans.

They weren't. Numerous videos from the game show the team got a great ovation going off.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

J70

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on August 14, 2017, 12:00:39 AM
I wouldn't have expected their fans to be ecstatic but the champions getting booed off at ht in the opening game just about sums up modern day football fans.

They weren't. Numerous videos from the game show the team got a great ovation going off.

So the booing we all heard on tv was...?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: J70 on August 14, 2017, 12:10:00 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on August 14, 2017, 12:00:39 AM

So the booing we all heard on tv was...?

The officials.

https://twitter.com/MrNH11/status/896497476374605826

dclane

Chelsea are a horrible club.

Main Street

Perhaps the crowd at Chelsea were inspired by that performance, peppered by bad temper, bad tackles and constant moaning from their players at the ref for having the temerity to decide that blatant fouls were properly punished and the odd dive ignored. I'd say that hack by Fabregas was the worst of the weekend in the epl and he only got a yellow for it.
I thought Jon Waters looked sharp enough when he came on as a sub. He'll be need for Ireland's next 2 games.

Norf Tyrone

SHEEDY

Somehow mike dean always has to make the headlines. Awful ref.
nil satis nisi optimum

Minder

Quote from: SHEEDY on August 26, 2017, 02:37:15 PM

It's a ridiculous rule
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Minder on August 26, 2017, 02:45:32 PM

It's a ridiculous rule
Harsh sending off for sterling, but it's hard to have sympathy for the wee p***k.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

manfromdelmonte

Chelsea are a struggling division 2 side who got lucky with a russian oligarch

BennyCake

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 26, 2017, 08:37:01 PM

It's a ridiculous rule
Harsh sending off for sterling, but it's hard to have sympathy for the wee p***k.

Aye true, but what about those old fellas jumping around like childer high on sweets at a birthday party. Men old enough to be a grandparent. I know you support your team and all, but for f**ks sake, control yourselves ye tubes!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BennyCake on August 27, 2017, 11:42:36 AM

It's a ridiculous rule

Aye true, but what about those old fellas jumping around like childer high on sweets at a birthday party. Men old enough to be a grandparent. I know you support your team and all, but for f**ks sake, control yourselves ye tubes!

Watch the game today at Croke! Be plenty tubes going mental!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BennyCake

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 27, 2017, 11:58:19 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on August 27, 2017, 11:42:36 AM

It's a ridiculous rule

Watch the game today at Croke! Be plenty tubes going mental!

Aye, and that's before the match even starts! But that's Tyrone and Dublin people for ya!  ;)

Boycey

Wenger brilliant and all as he's been really has stayed on too long at this stage?

mouview

Is this the earliest ever the league has been over? MU rattling in goals and conceding none. Immensely solid looking with a lot of options in most positions. They'll tidy up all the dross with the loss of very few points in a way the other contenders just can't do, and in typical Mourinho fashion get a draw/win from the rest of the top 5 to keep them at bay. Arsenal are gone and Wenger won't last the season, Spurs can't win 'at home', 'Pool haven't the depth or power, Citeh ageing a bit and not yet comfortable under Guardiola, Chelsea haven't bought under Conte and Costa is a giant pebble in the shoe at the moment. At 23/10 with PPs, United look cracking value.