Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

To celebrate Sir Alex Ferguson's career, all Premier games this weekend will have a minute's applause in the 97th minute

seafoid

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 08, 2013, 03:55:56 PM
Quote from: seafoid on May 08, 2013, 11:41:34 AM
2 Champions league was a poor enough return, reall,y for all that Premiership dominance
Barca won 4 , AC Milan won 5, Real won 3 and even Liverpool were just one behind Manure 

In fairness it was 1993 before Ferguson won the league and in the last twenty years only AC Milan,Barcelona (three each) have won the champions league more than United have.

Remarkable the longevity and success he had.
That last tika taka torture session in the final of the CL must have been really painful. In fairness Barca won 2 of their 3 finals against him . A bit like Kerry and Mayo.

deiseach

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 08, 2013, 04:46:49 PM
To celebrate Sir Alex Ferguson's career, all Premier games this weekend will have a minute's applause in the 97th minute

I heard Man Utd fans are going to get a cut in ticket prices for next season as matches are going to be several minutes shorter.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: seafoid on May 08, 2013, 04:49:32 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 08, 2013, 03:55:56 PM
Quote from: seafoid on May 08, 2013, 11:41:34 AM
2 Champions league was a poor enough return, reall,y for all that Premiership dominance
Barca won 4 , AC Milan won 5, Real won 3 and even Liverpool were just one behind Manure 

In fairness it was 1993 before Ferguson won the league and in the last twenty years only AC Milan,Barcelona (three each) have won the champions league more than United have.

Remarkable the longevity and success he had.
That last tika taka torture session in the final of the CL must have been really painful. In fairness Barca won 2 of their 3 finals against him . A bit like Kerry and Mayo.

More like Tyrone v Kerry in 2005,2008 All Ireland finals.

stew

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 08, 2013, 02:53:39 PM
Quote from: Canalman on May 08, 2013, 02:24:49 PM
Whether you love or loathe him you have to accept he is/was a colossus in English football.

He will be missed but football will amble on without him.

For what it is worth I reckon Brian Clough was the best manager in  England in my lifetime ...................... bringing 2 European Cups to Nottingham Forest .... what an achievement. AF a very close 2nd.

As well as League titles to Derby and Forest! Different times and he had Peter Taylor who found players.

Peter Taylor was the best talent scout/asst manager England has ever seen, unreal eye for a bargain and he was instrumental in all of Clough's triumphs.

Nobody touches Ferguson on the managerial stakes in Engerland, not even the great Busby, Shankley or Paisley quite got to his level.

By the way, he is British so why not call him Sir Alex?
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

EC Unique

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ballinaman

Quote from: Minder on May 08, 2013, 06:18:50 PM
Rooney to Chelsea ?
If it means them not getting Falcao or the big Lewbowski. All day long.

The Worker

Quote from: ballinaman on May 08, 2013, 06:20:45 PM
Quote from: Minder on May 08, 2013, 06:18:50 PM
Rooney to Chelsea ?
If it means them not getting Falcao or the big Lewbowski. All day long.

Can't see utd and Chelsea being direct rivals next season if Moyes takes charge.

From the Bunker

The new manager has been announced......

muppet

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 08, 2013, 04:20:25 PM
This waiting is killing me.

Nothing to see here, back to the Mayo v Galway thread with you laddy.
MWWSI 2017

From the Bunker

Quote from: muppet on May 08, 2013, 06:50:24 PM

If you think that is long, just see how your patience is tested in waiting for another championship! ;P

norabeag

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 08, 2013, 07:17:18 PM

If you think that is long, just see how your patience is tested in waiting for another championship! ;P
Imagine if you were a Liverpool supporter waiting on 1st premiership and with no prospect of it happening.

From the Bunker

Quote from: norabeag on May 08, 2013, 07:21:27 PM

Imagine if you were a Liverpool supporter waiting on 1st premiership and with no prospect of it happening.
You sound worried! Chances are Utd will be ok! They have allot of money, a winning culture and a big name behind them.

Farrandeelin

I know all about patience being tested following Mayo!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.