Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trileacman

Quote from: NAG1 on May 08, 2013, 03:18:12 PM
Quote from: orangeman on May 08, 2013, 03:15:22 PM
Quote from: trileacman on May 08, 2013, 03:10:31 PM
Hope it's Moyes, get to watch United crash and burn like all dynasties do. Jose would roll on the good times, be a huge error to overlook him for a glaswegian small-timer.

I'd go along with that.

The difference with this dynasty is that it has the market position which others didnt have in the past, it has a massive global market fuelling it and allowing it to buy the best players or close to it on the market, only two other clubs in the league can currently do that.

Meanwhile, Manchester United's share price has dropped by five per cent on the New York Stock Exchange.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Milltown Row2

Quote from: laoislad on May 08, 2013, 03:26:02 PM
Quote from: Bingo on May 08, 2013, 02:40:08 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on May 08, 2013, 02:33:31 PM
Must be Moyes with the way the odds are going. Fergie as director of football to help out when required. I don't think the players will have seen the last of him yet.

The past would tell us this can be more of a hindrince than a help - Busby and Shankly been the obvious ones.
Any manager worth his salt would tell Fergie to go sling his hook if he started interfering in team matters, if he didnt then he is the wrong man for the job.

Someone should have helped Evans and Souness during their reign at Liverpool, could have stopped the slide.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BenDover

A management team made up of Solskjær, Giggs and G Nev may be a better option for Utd. All 3 know the club inside out and the transition from Fergie would be a lot less bumpy

deiseach

Would Ferguson's successor be better off keeping him close or banishing him from team affairs? We'll know in a few years.

EC Unique

Quote from: laoislad on May 08, 2013, 03:26:02 PM
Quote from: Bingo on May 08, 2013, 02:40:08 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on May 08, 2013, 02:33:31 PM
Must be Moyes with the way the odds are going. Fergie as director of football to help out when required. I don't think the players will have seen the last of him yet.

The past would tell us this can be more of a hindrince than a help - Busby and Shankly been the obvious ones.
Any manager worth his salt would tell Fergie to go sling his hook if he started interfering in team matters, if he didnt then he is the wrong man for the job.

Ordinarily this would be right but Manchester United and Alex Ferguson are not ordinary. If the new manager is Moyes he will need Fergies help for a season or 2 behind the scenes. As long as it stays behind the scenes then I can see no problem.

All speculation until we see who gets the job.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: seafoid on May 08, 2013, 11:41:34 AM
2 Champions league was a poor enough return, reall,y for all that Premiership dominance
Barca won 4 , AC Milan won 5, Real won 3 and even Liverpool were just one behind Manure 

In fairness it was 1993 before Ferguson won the league and in the last twenty years only AC Milan,Barcelona (three each) have won the champions league more than United have.

Remarkable the longevity and success he had.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: deiseach on May 08, 2013, 03:53:49 PM
Would Ferguson's successor be better off keeping him close or banishing him from team affairs? We'll know in a few years.

Not easy for any new manager as Ferguson will still be haunting the place no doubt sticking his oar in when he feels like it. Maybe this is why Ferguson has given the seal of approval to Moyes (allegedly) who will be his de facto puppet in essence.

rodney trotter

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on May 08, 2013, 04:01:01 PM

Not easy for any new manager as Ferguson will still be haunting the place no doubt sticking his oar in when he feels like it. Maybe this is why Ferguson has given the seal of approval to Moyes (allegedly) who will be his de facto puppet in essence.

Well he did sign a 2 year deal last November after all. but has now announced his is leaving. Moyes doesn't seem they type to be bossed around anyways. Fergie will be of great benefit for input into Champions League football etc.

johnneycool

Quote from: BenDover on May 08, 2013, 03:49:13 PM
A management team made up of Solskjær, Giggs and G Nev may be a better option for Utd. All 3 know the club inside out and the transition from Fergie would be a lot less bumpy

It'll be Moyes with G Neville as his sidekick.

brokencrossbar1

He'll do a JK,hopefully without the same interim success :P

Farrandeelin

This waiting is killing me.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

trileacman

When I heard the news I was afraid as it opened the door for Jose to step in as he looking for work. I don't think Moyes is up to it, Man United want to be winning CL's and leagues and Moyes has done neither. A nice manager who has done a good job with Everton but the "he has no money to spend" excuse has being done to death now. Who will he sign now that he has the money? Will he be bringing guys like Pienaar, Jagleika, Baines, Gibson with him to Old Trafford?

general

Moyes has showed us what he can do without the big spending. he has shown alot of loyalty to everton, even through the days of being told to go and sign free and loan signings. IMO he is worth a go, especially if he can bring baines and fellaini with him.

trileacman

Quote from: general on May 08, 2013, 04:33:44 PM
Moyes has showed us what he can do without the big spending. he has shown alot of loyalty to everton, even through the days of being told to go and sign free and loan signings. IMO he is worth a go, especially if he can bring baines and fellaini with him.

I thought he fell out with the big man recently?

mouview

Quote from: rodney trotter on May 08, 2013, 04:05:22 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on May 08, 2013, 04:01:01 PM

Well he did sign a 2 year deal last November after all. but has now announced his is leaving. Moyes doesn't seem they type to be bossed around anyways. Fergie will be of great benefit for input into Champions League football etc.

He will indeed. His attempts to rationalise MU's defeats after their regular exits from the competition are consistently more entertaining than his team's onfield displays. I'm really gonna miss these.