Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rodger Mona

BS if i cant put stuff im hearing up on this to seek clarity where else a i going to find these things out?

There are men on here with inside knowledge who can shed light on the things us nobles cant.

As for the PG1 management there was an element of truth within that though it never transpired. Dillon has stayed as hes getting a good rate for the job hes doing. So fair play to him.

Loughshore Green

Dillon on £15k a year...take that as gospel

bannside

You couldnt do a thing like that Loughshore!

Belfast GAA man

BigBallWeeBall

Quote from: bannside on November 10, 2019, 08:10:50 AM
Welcome Latharna. Developing Larne is a big ask but not impossible....especially if Gaelfast coaches go in for a few years and light the spark. Maybe start with an under 12 and under 14 team, that would be enough to get started if there were half a dozen mentors capable of looking after this and stepping up to under 16s in a few years. Wouldnt look any further than this to begin with. Good thing about Gaelfast is, they will also coach the coaches, so thats a huge bonus too.
Larne needs help but I see Gaelfast were in Carryduff. Do Carryduff really struggle... seems a strange pick

imtommygunn

150 at their early primary school sessions. A club on the up.

Belfast GAA man

Strange pick alright . B good to know what the plan is as it is s confusing picture from outside. I'm sure some clubs are wondering what it is for them when they See that

Caesar

Is Gaelfast an Antrim initiative? Carryduff is a Down club?

johnnycool

Quote from: BigBallWeeBall on December 03, 2019, 08:26:40 PM
Welcome Latharna. Developing Larne is a big ask but not impossible....especially if Gaelfast coaches go in for a few years and light the spark. Maybe start with an under 12 and under 14 team, that would be enough to get started if there were half a dozen mentors capable of looking after this and stepping up to under 16s in a few years. Wouldnt look any further than this to begin with. Good thing about Gaelfast is, they will also coach the coaches, so thats a huge bonus too.
Larne needs help but I see Gaelfast were in Carryduff. Do Carryduff really struggle... seems a strange pick

They do at hurling.

Gaelfast is a Belfast initiative supported by both Down and Antrim.

Wonder if Gaelfast will wing its way down the peninsula if it's able to go to Larne?

imtommygunn

Do they really Johnny? They are way better than they were a few years ago and sure they have even won some down underage championships have they not?

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 04, 2019, 10:17:43 AM
Do they really Johnny? They are way better than they were a few years ago and sure they have even won some down underage championships have they not?

They did about 10 years ago then didn't field in a lot of underage age groups up until recently.

They seem dependent on the parents of the kids having a GAA background as they've U12's and U14's with a few Portaferry and Lavey natives along the line.

Antrim Coaster

Quote from: BigBallWeeBall on December 03, 2019, 08:26:40 PM

Last time I heard they were this year's Antrim JHC 'B' Champions after a few years in the wilderness..

Rodger Mona

Hereson for you all to ponder. Was  arguing with a man earlier with this one. He told me "no team in antrim would be capable of winning the derry Senior Championship" and "antrims top 4 would be lucky to make top 6 in Derry"

I tend to disagree, i think Antrims big 3, Cargin, Lamh Dearg and St.galls would beat most teams in Derry.

Any opinions on this? Would like to hear from the SW contingency, as to their thoughts on this,as they probably watch more football across the divide than the rest

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Rodger Mona on December 04, 2019, 04:46:40 PM
Hereson for you all to ponder. Was  arguing with a man earlier with this one. He told me "no team in antrim would be capable of winning the derry Senior Championship" and "antrims top 4 would be lucky to make top 6 in Derry"

I tend to disagree, i think Antrims big 3, Cargin, Lamh Dearg and St.galls would beat most teams in Derry.

Any opinions on this? Would like to hear from the SW contingency, as to their thoughts on this,as they probably watch more football across the divide than the rest
I would tend to agree with him. Not one of Antrims clubs would win their championship think thats fairly obvious, although a few have the potential to make their top 6.

imtommygunn

Derry club football has always been a good bit stronger with the exception of the St Galls team.

This year aside Derry always do well in ulster. (Coleraine and Slaughtneil). We can barely win a game these days.