lawnseed

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 19, 2011, 07:25:57 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on November 19, 2011, 07:16:11 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 19, 2011, 06:40:36 PM
Quote from: ONeill on November 19, 2011, 06:27:56 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 19, 2011, 06:13:25 PM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on November 19, 2011, 05:59:36 PM
Quote from: Aaron Boone on November 19, 2011, 02:06:18 PM
Why are Blackberry's the phone of choice for kids?
At least they were last week anyway.
At least until a few weeks ago BBM was pretty much bomb proof. Riots in England were reckoned to be arranged though it and the police & MI5 could do nothing to intercept them as the messages were encrypted (unlike say SMS).

Yeah BBM is the big thing among them.  I have a son who recently became a teenager.  He is a good kid and we're very proud of him.  He does well in school and in the sports field.  He likes to play xBox and annoying me about going to discos.  That's where he differs from what I was at at his age.  If he was at what I was at at 13-14 years old I would beat his hole around the place.  He still has plenty of female friends but his behaviour is innocent comparitively speaking.  I will be happy to keep him like this for a good while yet.

Maybe he's not into the women.

Maybe he's not into to Smithwicks!!  He can see all the girls he likes!
leave him be

I do leave him be, don't put pressure on him and let him be who he wants to be.
what exactly were you up to :D
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: lawnseed on November 19, 2011, 07:28:19 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 19, 2011, 07:25:57 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on November 19, 2011, 07:16:11 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 19, 2011, 06:40:36 PM
Quote from: ONeill on November 19, 2011, 06:27:56 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 19, 2011, 06:13:25 PM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on November 19, 2011, 05:59:36 PM
Quote from: Aaron Boone on November 19, 2011, 02:06:18 PM
Why are Blackberry's the phone of choice for kids?
At least they were last week anyway.
At least until a few weeks ago BBM was pretty much bomb proof. Riots in England were reckoned to be arranged though it and the police & MI5 could do nothing to intercept them as the messages were encrypted (unlike say SMS).

Yeah BBM is the big thing among them.  I have a son who recently became a teenager.  He is a good kid and we're very proud of him.  He does well in school and in the sports field.  He likes to play xBox and annoying me about going to discos.  That's where he differs from what I was at at his age.  If he was at what I was at at 13-14 years old I would beat his hole around the place.  He still has plenty of female friends but his behaviour is innocent comparitively speaking.  I will be happy to keep him like this for a good while yet.

Maybe he's not into the women.

Maybe he's not into to Smithwicks!!  He can see all the girls he likes!
leave him be

I do leave him be, don't put pressure on him and let him be who he wants to be.
what exactly were you up to :D

Enough that my brother kicked the shit out of me !!!

Tyrones own

Quote from: lawnseed on November 19, 2011, 07:13:27 PM
i think it was mark twain who said 'youth was wasted on the young' how true. going to underage football turns my stomach closely followed by blood pressure off the clock, the little fukrs are made of shite.. theyve been so pampered and molly coddled theyre hardly fit to walk. when we were young my father worked and i had to get on with it. i used to run 3 miles to an out farm and carry out half a dozen bales of hay to cattle who'd have pulled it off your back then run back again in wellies before i walked/ran to school. in the evenings i'd be sorting spuds from a pile in the middle of a field that were covered in rushes and soil.. pinks in daylight and whites if it got too dark. i'm not complaining when i was 15 years old i could lift 100kgs over my head and hold a vw polo car up at the back long enough for the wheel to be changed.. for fun. didnt know what a gym was and i played senior football the day i turned 15. i dont think people realise just how physically weak the human race in general has become. my father often tells a story of his father going to town for horse shoes, he bought a hundred weight bag of them. 8 stone. they live 3 miles out of town, all up hill. dad says he threw the bag over his shoulder and he never rested once coming up the hills da was 12 at the time and he says he could hardly keep up with him, he made his living quarrying stones with a sledge and crowbar then carting them to build peoples houses. the way humans are going it'll take two men to pull a ragweed. ;)
Ah sure everyone's auld lad had stories like that...that hill he had to walk carrying them horse shoes
didn't have men painting the white lines on the middle of the road off roof ladders by any chance  :D
walking through 6 feet of snow to and from school for months on end, dipping the auld bit of stale bread in a puddle at school to
soften it before he could eat it...the list goes on!
Having said that I do agree about the kids of today, if work was in bed, they'd sleep on the floor for the most part  :-\
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Orangemac

Quote from: ziggysego on November 19, 2011, 12:28:09 PM
The adults of the time, always complain about the youth of the time. It's the circle of life.
+1. This will always be the case but I can't help thinking the generartion of people in their thirties/forties now got it right in that they didn't have the hardship of their parents yet were not as mollycoddled as todays youth.

You don't see as many kids on bikes nowadays and there is more a throwaway culture in terms of music etc. Look at the student protests last week, all with fancy mobiles and most having their own car probably. Remember we had a student last year in work for the summer and he told us they had a cleaner at the end of the week to clear up the mess.

Would agree though it is not just the youth who have no technology manners. Nothing worse than being at a meeting and someone is constantly checking thier blackberry/smartphone.

spuds

"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard