6 county politics - Its starting to hot up now

Started by Orior, May 21, 2007, 11:42:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Heard on the radio this morning that Conor Murphy has instructed his staff not to say "Northern Ireland" when referring to the occupied six counties!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Donagh

I see 'Londonderry' has become 'Derry' as well. I wonder will we see raids on the DUP Stormont offices in the wake of this latest leak.

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Did you see in the wee brochure from Papa Doc last week that it's now called the Maze/Long Kesh regeneration programme.

I wonder when the blessed Beeb will start adopting some of this more conciliatory terminology. Poor old Conorrrr Bradford!
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

Billys Boots

QuoteHeard on the radio this morning that Conor Murphy has instructed his staff not to say "Northern Ireland" when referring to the occupied six counties!

What are they going to call 'it' now?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Donagh

Quote from: Billys Boots on May 21, 2007, 12:06:32 PM
QuoteHeard on the radio this morning that Conor Murphy has instructed his staff not to say "Northern Ireland" when referring to the occupied six counties!

What are they going to call 'it' now?

"here"  :D

Donagh

Murphy has just bate the balls of Campbell on Talkback. Turns out these instructions on terminology were to be applied in speeches or press releases written on Murphy's behalf.

Orior

This is all very bad new for the Hole in the Wall Gang who will have to find new jobs now.

Who needs satire when the politicians are doing it for themselves.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Billys Boots

Quote"here"

So are OWC going to chant 'here, here' at their, ahem, gatherings?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

SammyG

Quote from: Donagh on May 21, 2007, 12:14:26 PM
Murphy has just bate the balls of Campbell on Talkback. Turns out these instructions on terminology were to be applied in speeches or press releases written on Murphy's behalf.

So he's using taxpayers money to get members of the Northern Ireland Civil Service to write press releases for his department in the Northern IrelandAssembly but they have to write 'here' or 'the North' (why is the North capitalized when it doesn't exist????). I thin kthe word he needs to learn is knob, as he obviously is one.

ExiledGael

Using taxpayers money Sammy? Imagine!! He works for the Government
It's the job of a minister in any section of any government, to issue directives to the civil servants working in his departments regarding issues, policies, wording!
this is completely normal.
He can't let all the civil servants behind the scenes write his speeches, draft documents etc without him directing them in some way!
This is a story out of nothing

deiseach

By the standards of, er, there, I'd say there was nothing 'hot' about this form of politics.

Hardy

If I go up there, am I then officially "here" and if so, where have I just left? Or have I moved at all if I'm still "here" after I go?

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

deiseach

Quote from: Hardy on May 21, 2007, 05:59:38 PM
If I go up there, am I then officially "here" and if so, where have I just left? Or have I moved at all if I'm still "here" after I go?

For years, a 'long way' was akin to the length of a piece of string. But now we know it is the distance between Clare and Here, and the process of continental drift is making it longer day by day. Glad we cleared that up.

Evil Genius

3,000 dead, thousands more maimed, imprisoned, exiled etc, and all so that Sinn Fein could establish the inalienable right of every true Gael to avoid having to use sorely offensive terms when dealing with Road Signs and Sewers and the like.

If Bobby Sands were alive today, I'd imagine the tears would we welling up inside him (that's if he hadn't pissed himself entirely, like I almost did  ;))
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"