NFL Division 1 2024

Started by Blowitupref, January 16, 2023, 08:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tubberman

Quote from: tyrone08 on March 02, 2024, 07:46:01 PMMickey continuing his excellent record against Dublin,Kerry and Mayo

What's his record against Mayo? Not that great from my memory.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Wildweasel74

Reading too much into it. Derry played a weaken team, not to worried about it, though Tyrone posters seem more worried about Ole Mickey. Derry strength in depth is not great but we already know this. Derry carrying too many small men in their squad. Doherty,Toner,McGuckian, Murphy, Small men need to be exceptional. Dublin have very few small men.Derry need to add panel men with a bit of size.

square_ball

Quote from: Tubberman on March 02, 2024, 08:12:09 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on March 02, 2024, 07:46:01 PMMickey continuing his excellent record against Dublin,Kerry and Mayo

What's his record against Mayo? Not that great from my memory.

I can think of 3 Mayo wins to 1 Tyrone win during Harte time.

Gael85

Half time came at wrong time for Roscommon. Mayo to push on.

Gael85

Mayo have an issue with long range frees.

seafoid

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 02, 2024, 08:17:53 PMReading too much into it. Derry played a weaken team, not to worried about it, though Tyrone posters seem more worried about Ole Mickey. Derry strength in depth is not great but we already know this. Derry carrying too many small men in their squad. Doherty,Toner,McGuckian, Murphy, Small men need to be exceptional. Dublin have very few small men.Derry need to add panel men with a bit of size.
Mickey wants to win everything but Derry can't produce ready to go footballers as fast as Dublin can. Nobody can. Bleedin' coolchies. Derry will most likely get either injuries or fatigue. Even if they don't it won't matter.  Dublin have at least one replacement team available. The journalists love asking questions as if it's sport and it's all subjective and different every time  but the whole thing is a joke. The All Ireland  is dead and it's only March.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

clarshack

The Dublin defeat that really spooked Harte was the 2011 1/4 Final defeat. The Dubs kicked 0-22 and it could have been a lot more that day.

God14

Derry folk will be pondering Hartes selection this evening. He effectively raised the white flag on Friday morning when news of a weakened team started to filter through. Dublin went from odds against to odds on with the bookmakers.
Rory G would never have done that, he'd have certainly started his strongest side and roared and kicked every ball on the sideline
Harte is a canny operator for sure, but his latter tenure with Tyrone was conservative and risk averse football. Tonight really resonated.
What advantage have Derry gained from lying down? Have they learnt much? I dunno. I doubt they've learnt anything at all
They will still in all likelihood have to play Dublin again in the league final, close to a crucial Ulster championship tie V Donegal. Does he play a shadow side again with an eye on Donegal?
With hindsight, how wise was it to rush Conor Glass and the other 2 Glen lads to play Kerry 6 days after winning an all Ireland final. Harte got lucky in that none of them picked up an injury
I believe Derry need to win their next league game, otherwise they've thrown form and momentum away, and league points in Division 1 are not straight forward

lenny

He's already beaten Kerry this season.

tyrone08

Quote from: lenny on March 02, 2024, 08:47:48 PM

He's already beaten Kerry this season.

Was a tongue in cheek joke. Harte has a few wins in league games over those teams but zero wins against those teams in championship football in over 12 years

Wildweasel74

What I learned after tonight is Tyrone people more say about it than Derry ones. Am happy enough to see what else is there, and we are light, still be enough at full strength for most.

seafoid

Quote from: clarshack on March 02, 2024, 08:44:29 PMThe Dublin defeat that really spooked Harte was the 2011 1/4 Final defeat. The Dubs kicked 0-22 and it could have been a lot more that day.
Since that match Dublin have won 9 all Irelands in 12 years. It is obscene.
The previous number of years needed for Dublin to collect nine all Irelands was 72 years, from 1923 to 1995

Wildweasel74

I go one better, the 4 teams who won  all-Ireland during Dublins dominance, 3 of them won by not having to play Dublin.Only Kerry 2 yrs ago managed to beat them on their way to an All-Ireland.

bennydorano

Quote from: God14 on March 02, 2024, 08:46:09 PMDerry folk will be pondering Hartes selection this evening. He effectively raised the white flag on Friday morning when news of a weakened team started to filter through. Dublin went from odds against to odds on with the bookmakers.
Rory G would never have done that, he'd have certainly started his strongest side and roared and kicked every ball on the sideline
Harte is a canny operator for sure, but his latter tenure with Tyrone was conservative and risk averse football. Tonight really resonated.
What advantage have Derry gained from lying down? Have they learnt much? I dunno. I doubt they've learnt anything at all
They will still in all likelihood have to play Dublin again in the league final, close to a crucial Ulster championship tie V Donegal. Does he play a shadow side again with an eye on Donegal?
With hindsight, how wise was it to rush Conor Glass and the other 2 Glen lads to play Kerry 6 days after winning an all Ireland final. Harte got lucky in that none of them picked up an injury
I believe Derry need to win their next league game, otherwise they've thrown form and momentum away, and league points in Division 1 are not straight forward
A repeat League final will be a conundrum for Mickey with Donegal waiting alrite. Big mis-step 2nite. The first seeds of doubt sewn.

seafoid

Not looking great for Roscommon who have Kerry and Derry in their last 2 matches