Bar in Belfast City Centre to watch AI Final

Started by God14, September 21, 2016, 08:46:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

God14

Wasnt expecting a replay in the AI final, and have a prior engagement on sat 1st october, belfast city centre
Is there a bar centrally that will show the game? Ive seen a thread before on here but cannot find it... aware it will be tricky task without travelling west, or south
thankfully no evening premier league match to compete with, but ulster rugby play at 630
Any help appreciated folks.

haranguerer

I'd the same issue a few weeks ago. From what I can make it, it depends who's working behind the bar that day. Friend watched full game with commentary in Hudson one week, but we were looked at if we'd two heads when we asked.

Garrick likely would have shown it, but there was a good crowd of us so too cramped. Ended up watching in the Kitchen bar beside Victoria Square.

bogball88

Watched All Ireland Hurling Semi Final in Brennans bar just opposite the Europa, albeit with no commentary as the Charity Shield was also been shown at the time

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

theskull1

The Parador on the Ormeau road would definately be showing it I'd say
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Hectic

Have caught games before in the kitchen and on the big screen just in the main door to the left though I see they have the Pro12 as a featured sport so not sure how that will work though I think the Ulster game starts 1 1/2 hours after the AI final starts.

If you want to be sure I would head South to the Botanic Inn - in reality it is only a 20 min walk from the city centre but closer in a taxi but at least you will be guaranteed to see and hear the game and should be a fair few followers in there also.

That said it will probably be on in the Garrick though it can get a bit tight for space or the Hatfield on the Ormeua Road should be a pretty good bet.

5 Sams

Quote from: theskull1 on September 21, 2016, 01:53:09 PM
The Parador on the Ormeau road would definately be showing it I'd say

You'll be at home in the Parador. Its like a clubhouse for Bredagh GFC.
The Aristocrat Years

michaelg

The Great Eastern on the Newtownards Road.......Will probably not be showing it.

T Fearon

Glasgow Rangers Supporters Club,Sandy Row/Donegall Road. Sure Jackie Mc Donald was Marty Mc Aleese's guest at Down Cork Final in 2010,wined and dined in the corporate hospitality section in Croke Park if you don't mind

God14

Thanks all. Id never thought of the Garrick but i took a glance at their facebook page, and they advertised sundays AIF, so id assume they will do likewise for the replay. Fingers crossed anyway.