Tyrone v Kerry - All-Ireland Semi-Final, Sunday 11th August 3.30pm

Started by RedHand88, August 04, 2019, 09:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayop

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 10, 2019, 01:08:21 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 10, 2019, 12:55:19 PM
Dublin being a much better team lost you that final not naivety. No shame in it.

15 wides cost Tyrone dearly. Didn't Dublin have none in the second half or something ridiculous?

Didn't rock kick a few wides from frees early on?

Cunny Funt

Quote from: inroundthesquare on August 10, 2019, 01:29:42 PM
Dublin being a much better team lost you that final not naivety. No shame in it.

15 wides cost Tyrone dearly. Didn't Dublin have none in the second half or something ridiculous?

In dontfoul stats - Kickouts and Scoring Efficiency were the main difference in last years final.
Tyrone actually turned over Dublin 23 times, whereas Dublin only turned over us 13 times.

Dublin won 29 of their 31 kickouts. Think both were lost around the 15 minute mark when Tyrone were on top.
Tyrone only won 17 of their 24.

Dublin scored 2-17 from 32 shots.
Tyrone 1-14 from 30 shots.

The big difference was the shot selection. Dublin took on the majority of their shots from the "scoring zone" Tyrone shots became more panic shots especially 2nd half when chasing the game. 

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Whishtup on August 10, 2019, 09:10:24 AM
If Deegan does act the ballix and we win, it will be good practise for the final.  I still maintain that niaivity cost us the final last year. When 5-6 points up Col Cav was remonstrating with the ref about a (Dublin trademark) 3rd man crossing type obstruction that prevented him from making a tackle in the lead up to a point.  I think the Dubs got another point when he was still out of position.  Shortly after, you had 3 of our lads disputing a Dublin mark when the Dubs were up the field scoring a goal.  This is the part of this team's psyche that will lose them the big games if it isn't addressed.  Need to stay focussed for every second no matter what the other team or the ref do.

Very true, we need to keep that imperturbable focus and discipline, regardless of what else is going on, with the ref and otherwise. 
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Whishtup

You can't argue with all of the stats above, nor could you argue that the best team won.  However, when you are 5-6 points up against Dublin, you are in with a chance of winning.  At that stage of the game, the accuracy was good, the mindset was right.  The smallest of things can affect that mindset.  You need the self-belief that, even if a few decisions go against you, you are still going to win.  I believe Tyrone showed a maturity against Cork that I hope will carry them through and give them a real shot at bringing Sam back.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Angelo on August 10, 2019, 07:48:15 AM
On the Kerry game, I think Kerry will rightly go on as favourites. They are unbeaten and topped the tougher group in the Super 8s. In saying that I would be disappointed if we did not beat them, when you look at this Tyrone side and the age profile it should be in its prime now. I think Tyrone badly, badly need a win over a side like Kerry in this game. Kerry on the other hand are younger and less experienced than Tyrone and we have to hone in on that and force mistakes and young lads heads to drop.

I'm not fully convinced on this Tyrone side. We need a few other guys to start stepping up to the plate now. I'm not optimistic but I'm hoping we deliver a big performance tomorrow and dictate the terms of engagement.

Deegan is another big worry for me. He has always been very favourable to Kerry anytime I have seen him referee them including the 2015 semi with us where we got an awful doing from him.

Wouldn't have done both if in Dublin's group.

I agree with Enda McGinley this is a huge game for Tyrone to prove their true worth and can be no excuses. Donegal failed to prove they were a top 4 team last week and pretty much showed why they haven't reached All Ireland semi final since 2014 injuries they got was only excuse as top 4 teams can cope with a few injuries as Mayo proved.

seafoid

Tyrone didn't  have the forwards to win an All Ireland last year
You can't win Sam if you don't have the forwards.

https://youtu.be/Mwxga8udIio
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Jayop

Mccalliskey was the second top championship scorer and the second top scorer from play. Didn't even get an all star nom so overlooked is he. Class forward.

imtommygunn

Once cian o'sullIvan went off Tyrone were barely in it. Dublin are ridiculously economical. It's not a one off stat.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Wildweasel74

Whishtup

With four minutes to go last year there was 4 in it and Tyrone missed a rake of chances.  Tyrone have improved tactically this year.  If we get past Kerry, we have a great chance with the correct game management.

Solo_run

Quote from: Whishtup on August 10, 2019, 08:02:20 PM
With four minutes to go last year there was 4 in it and Tyrone missed a rake of chances.  Tyrone have improved tactically this year.  If we get past Kerry, we have a great chance with the correct game management.

Tyrone may have improved but Kerry/Dublin aren't standing still.

Wildweasel74

Great Chance? No your mistaken. Literally no chance, but it doesn't hurt to think positive

imtommygunn

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 10, 2019, 08:22:54 PM
Great Chance? No your mistaken. Literally no chance, but it doesn't hurt to think positive

Yeah I read this thread and it feels like last year's ai final was a different one to the one I watched.

lenny

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 10, 2019, 08:22:54 PM

I thought in the build up to this game that tyrone would win comfortably enough. With dublin waiting in the final I've changed my mind. Dublin have hammered tyrone a number of times in the past few years and I honestly think quite a few of these tyrone players psychologically will be happy to lose this one by a point or 2 to avoid another final hammering.