Irish News

Started by WT4E, July 21, 2014, 04:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StGallsGAA

Did anyone see today's Irish News?  Pic of Dee Stitt with the caption underneath referring to him as "North Down DUP Commander"!   :)

delgany

Irish news .  90p on Monday! 

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: bennydorano on June 11, 2016, 11:13:42 AM
Interesting front page story today, Catholic Church gifted a house in Drumbo & Carryduff (outskirts of Belfast) in a person's will, reading between the lines its been sold at considerably under market value with a nod and a wink, the Parish Finance Committee were dismissed from their positions for having the temerity to ask searching questions! Go Catholic Church.
If I remember correctly an old lady in Camlough, Betsy Doyle, left a plot of land to the local community and the Parish Priest tried to sell if yo a housing developer
Careful now

johnneycool

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on November 13, 2016, 12:56:47 AM
Interesting front page story today, Catholic Church gifted a house in Drumbo & Carryduff (outskirts of Belfast) in a person's will, reading between the lines its been sold at considerably under market value with a nod and a wink, the Parish Finance Committee were dismissed from their positions for having the temerity to ask searching questions! Go Catholic Church.
If I remember correctly an old lady in Camlough, Betsy Doyle, left a plot of land to the local community and the Parish Priest tried to sell if yo a housing developer

I heard yesterday that the priest involved has "retired".

I didn't think priests retired nowadays.

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: johnneycool on November 13, 2016, 11:23:46 AM
Quote from: Dougal Maguire on November 13, 2016, 12:56:47 AM

I heard yesterday that the priest involved has "retired".

I didn't think priests retired nowadays.
yep hes retired ok not just the house  being sold that questions were being asked of father kelly , whole things reeks of a cover up and once again the catholic church is doing itself no favours

T Fearon

Surely if anything is left to anybody then same anybody has a right to do what he or she likes with his or her inheritance,including selling it?

Newbridge Exile

The  Parish finance committee was sacked  (without proper authority as  regulations state  "If a member is to be removed the Bishop should be informed and a reason given". when they began asking questions not just about the sale of the house but also about they way parish services such as building works had been " procured" . , I have seen the copy of the letter that the finance committee sent to parishioners in May this year detailing the  background  of their concerns and that Despite informing the Bishop of our concerns in July 2015, and filing a formal complaint in October 2015,they had yet to receive any assurances to several specific concerns about the financial stewardship of the Parish.,(as well as the sale of the house other specific matters raised were as to why the parish bank account was suspended in July 2015)

T Fearon

If I was a member of a committee and felt I wasn't getting the whole story,I'd be gone in a flash,without the need for a "sacking".There are two sides to every story,usually personality clashes,but if anyone,including a priest, has acted inappropriately, then they should not escape the consequences

Newbridge Exile

So the finance committee should have resigned and walked away rather than trying to ensure sound financial stewardship of the parish was in place, yep that no doubt is what father Kelly was hoping for ,

T Fearon

Surely if the finance committee had resigned en masse,it would have drawn greater attention to their concerns.

I have seen too much dissention on practically every committee I've been involved with,usually to do with personality clashes.If they have concerns and these are not being addressed why not go to the Police?

johnneycool

Quote from: T Fearon on November 13, 2016, 03:25:37 PM
Surely if the finance committee had resigned en masse,it would have drawn greater attention to their concerns.

I have seen too much dissention on practically every committee I've been involved with,usually to do with personality clashes.If they have concerns and these are not being addressed why not go to the Police?

Yip Tony,
.   you'd do anything other than question the integrity of a man of the cloth, that goes without saying as we all know.
As for the house, it was left to the parish, not the priest, but once again the hierarchy went into cover-up mode and it was only when the stood down finance committee were forced to go public with this that the bishop bothered his arse.

T Fearon

If anyone has done anything wrong,then cloth or no cloth,they should face the consequences.Like no priest ever disagreed or failed to comply with orders from his Bishop?

None of us know any great deal of detail about this,so why speculate or assume the priest has done wrong?

Orior

Quote from: delgany on November 12, 2016, 11:39:57 PM
Irish news .  90p on Monday!

Good tip! I often go in with exact change.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

johnneycool

Quote from: T Fearon on November 13, 2016, 03:52:18 PM
If anyone has done anything wrong,then cloth or no cloth,they should face the consequences.Like no priest ever disagreed or failed to comply with orders from his Bishop?

None of us know any great deal of detail about this,so why speculate or assume the priest has done wrong?

No doubt the parishioners of Carryduff and Drumbo will be hearing from the Bishop sooner rather than later once the findings of his investigation are completed and shared with them!!!

Aye right, just keep paying your stipend and shut ta f**k up is the order of the day.

WT4E

Quote from: Christmas Lights on July 21, 2014, 04:19:50 PM
Quote from: WT4E on July 21, 2014, 04:01:15 PM
How much is the Irish News?

Incredible thread from an incredible poster.
Keep up the good work

Always consider this to be my greatest achievement on gaaboard - A simple question and we're 18 pages into a big debate.

And to think that christmas Lights hoor was giving me guff about it!