The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie stubbs

kewell crossed for the goal and scored a pen thats all i know.that keeper,hope he had a good look at anfield he wont be back you or i could have done better for bents goal.kewell fit and in leeds form definately an asset only time will tell if he can reproduce it would give him a chance next year anyway.better option than zenden,gonzalez,aurelio imo

Syd

Quote from: charlie stubbs on May 13, 2007, 09:55:59 PM
kewell crossed for the goal and scored a pen thats all i know.that keeper,hope he had a good look at anfield he wont be back you or i could have done better for bents goal.kewell fit and in leeds form definately an asset only time will tell if he can reproduce it would give him a chance next year anyway.better option than zenden,gonzalez,aurelio imo

Kewell will never be in Leeds form again, even when people were conviced he had recovered that form i never thought he had. He is lazy and his best years are behind him IMHO.

Tony Baloney

QuoteHe is lazy and his best years are behind him IMHO.

Sounds like you  ;D

Syd

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 13, 2007, 10:03:00 PM
QuoteHe is lazy and his best years are behind him IMHO.

Sounds like you  ;D

Not likely Anthony.

J70

Kewell did well when he came on today. Set up Alonzo's goal, and was very unlucky with a shot that hit the bar shortly after. It will be interesting to see if he starts in Athens.

Funny picture of him and Crouch here from the official site (reminds me a bit of George Kennedy and the guy who played "Al" in the Naked Gun!):

heganboy

took fowler of 2 minutes too early...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Stalin

unlucky for robbie indeed. kewell looked in good form and lean when he came on, deserves a chance in athens or that shot that hit the bar alone!  ;D

padelli looks absolutely duff
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: heganboy on May 14, 2007, 12:45:13 AM

Im sure Rafa just wanted Robbie to have the standing ovation that he got and deserved,I personally think Fowler wasn't used enough and should have stayed another year,I've watched a bit of this Voronin fella in the German League and he looks awful IMHO
You'll Never Walk Alone.

GalwayBayBoy

Kewell looks considerably fitter than he did before his injury. He's lost the double chin and the ponytail which is a good start anyway.

If he had a little more game-time under his belt I'd be tempted to start him ahead of Zenden for the final.

charlie stubbs

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on May 14, 2007, 12:22:18 PM
Kewell looks considerably fitter than he did before his injury. He's lost the double chin and the ponytail which is a good start anyway.

If he had a little more game-time under his belt I'd be tempted to start him ahead of Zenden for the final.

lol that ponytail didhim no favours

J70

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 14, 2007, 09:09:23 AM
Quote from: heganboy on May 14, 2007, 12:45:13 AM

Im sure Rafa just wanted Robbie to have the standing ovation that he got and deserved,I personally think Fowler wasn't used enough and should have stayed another year,I've watched a bit of this Voronin fella in the German League and he looks awful IMHO

I forgot about him!

supersarsfields

Will Hunting

A piece from Tim Vickery, of BBC Sport, about Liverpool's proposed new signing, Lucas Leiva:

----
"These moves are always a gamble, but I think this is a good one.

He's an exciting player of a type that Brazilian football hasn't produced too many of recently. Of late their central midfielders have tended to be 'holders' who sit and allow the full-backs to push forward.

Lucas is different. He's a big, blonde figure whose power and physical strength comes with attacking ability.

He can pass well and loves to rumble forward. He gets on the scoresheet both with blistering shots from range and from bursting beyond the strikers.

You can certainly imagine him playing alongside Javier Mascherano, for example.

I don't have the same fears for him as I did with Paletta. He's had two full seasons behind him - one helping Gremio win promotion from the second division, and then last year's success when he was chosen as the player of the championship.

In a perfect world you might want him to stay another year before moving on, but (a) Gremio need to sell to balance the books and (b) with Liverpool's strength in depth in central midfield it looks as if his first campaign will be a bedding in season. "

The Real Laoislad

So we'll have Sissoko Alonso Mascherano Gerrard and this new fella all fighting for two places I wonder is someone on their way out?
My guess would be Alonso
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Carmen Stateside

Think it might be Alonso myself! Someone definetly going! What would they get for him?