The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on March 02, 2007, 04:40:24 PM
Can't stand Neville either or Ferdinand talk about being over rated Carragher is far ahead of the great Rio
Honestly though United have two of my favourite players Giggs and Scholes i would have loved to see either play for Liverpool other than that i couldn't think of anyone else who i would have liked to see play for the Pool not even Rooney who i also think is overrated and much hyped by the media
Carragher does what defenders are supposed to do....defend!! Rio would rather prance about like a frustrated midfielder. Rooney is the most overrated player in years, if he was Scottish or Welsh you wouldnt hear half the shite you do about him. As for a temporary loss of form that has been associated with him, i would say no goal in 17 Champions League games is a bit more prolonged than "temporary"......
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

The Real Laoislad

The jammiest of jammy wins for United,But then we only have ourseleves to blame should have been 2 or 3 up at that stage
Im gutted United were awful,and the Pool were all over them God i hate that John O'Shea >:(
You'll Never Walk Alone.

J70

Classic smash and grab from United. You have to hand it to them, they defended well and took the only chance they had. League's over.

The Real Laoislad

Yeah agreed league over...Roll on Europe now for ourselves
You'll Never Walk Alone.

GalwayBayBoy

Talk about being mugged. As soon as the free-kick was given I thought they'd pox a winner from it.

Should have won but didn't. Only ourselves to blame. We really need a reliable striker up front to take these chances. Eto'o would be great in the Summer.

The Real Laoislad

Sorry lads it's my fault :(  Had just texted a United fan about how boring they were when United scored, I put the Blink on Liverpool
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Syd The Sailor

If todays match wasnt a perfect illustration of why we need to bust the bank for a top striker i dont know what is.......

The Real Laoislad

Yeah they do desreve it,they didn't deserve to win today but thats what it takes to become champions
Top Class striker and two wingers needed Gonzalez and Pennant in my opinion not up to it
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on March 03, 2007, 06:35:46 PM
Yeah they do desreve it,they didn't deserve to win today but thats what it takes to become champions
Top Class striker and two wingers needed Gonzalez and Pennant in my opinion not up to it

Have to agree with you, Gonzalez has the speed of a 100m sprinter but never takes the man on, he always takes the easy way out and plays the ball inside. As for Pennant we had to go for him because we couldnt afford Dani Alves of Sevilla last summer, hopefully the days of having to settle for 2nd rate players are behind us.....

FermBoy

Sissoko could do with improvin his first touch and passing, most of it was brual............he near gave it away everytime he got it. If Risse had have been given a better lay off for his freekick he'd have scored, sure he had to stretch to get it!

Cloc Mor

QuoteHave to agree with you, Gonzalez has the speed of a 100m sprinter but never takes the man on, he always takes the easy way out and plays the ball inside. As for Pennant we had to go for him because we couldnt afford Dani Alves of Sevilla last summer, hopefully the days of having to settle for 2nd rate players are behind us.....

Going for 2nd rate players makes us a 2nd rate team - which in Premiership terms, we are.

J70

Sissoko was surprisingly poor today, even given the fact that his passing often leaves a lot to be desired.

I thought the substitution of Bellamy was a poor enough decision on Benitez's part, as he was doing a good job winning and holding up the ball out on the wings. Easy to say so in hindsight though.

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: FermBoy on March 03, 2007, 08:56:08 PM
Sissoko could do with improvin his first touch and passing, most of it was brual............he near gave it away everytime he got it. If Risse had have been given a better lay off for his freekick he'd have scored, sure he had to stretch to get it!

For sure, if he could pass the ball he would be unplayable, brilliant tackler, amazing stamina but he couldnt pass water. He gave the ball away nearly every time he got it but he is still young.

FermBoy

Ye, Bellamy was a good outlet today...........thought Crouchie should have stuck his head in that last chance.............probably afraid of hitting his nose!

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: FermBoy on March 03, 2007, 09:06:43 PM
Ye, Bellamy was a good outlet today...........thought Crouchie should have stuck his head in that last chance.............probably afraid of hitting his nose!

Bellamy did do well other than his shit pass to Kuyt in the 1st half, but his pace scares the shit out of teams. And its not the kind of running like a f**king headless chicken as Mr Cisse used to do!!He may not be a bright boy off the pitch but he does make clever runs on it.......