The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syd The Sailor

If a foreign player went down like Gerrard yesterday for the penalties they would have got hauled over the coals......
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

AZOffaly

Definitely the first one. He looked back at the ref, complained about the United player holding on to him, and when the kick came in he engineered a tangle and went down. I defintely call that a dive.

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 25, 2007, 04:38:40 PM
Definitely the first one. He looked back at the ref, complained about the United player holding on to him, and when the kick came in he engineered a tangle and went down. I defintely call that a dive.
In fairness i dont care if he does it again on Saturday against the scum.........

corn02

Bad dive for me, Giles thought it was stone wall but I disagree.

The Real Laoislad

First was no penalty but i wonder should Crouch have got one anyways for the high kick?
Delighted for Robbie two excellent penos and what a great pass to set up Gerrard,Would definatly hold on to Fowler instead of that Vororin fella next year
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 25, 2007, 07:57:26 PM
First was no penalty but i wonder should Crouch have got one anyways for the high kick?
Delighted for Robbie two excellent penos and what a great pass to set up Gerrard,Would definatly hold on to Fowler instead of that Vororin fella next year

I wouldnt even bother signing Voronin, he will just be a squad player. Maybe Benitez just wants him as a squad player and will chase a top striker in the summer, Torres/Villa.......?????

J70

From the angles I've seen, I'm not sure if it was or wasn't a foul. If it was, Gerrard definitely played for it (as he is entitled to do) and the defender obliged him. The problem is that kind of crap goes on all the time at corners but is rarely penalized. In this case, the ref was right there beside them, so the defender should probably have had more sense. That everyone disagrees after watching slow motion replays shows how difficult it can be for the referees though! I don't think there was any doubt about the second one.

bingobus

Had a nice wee bet on Robbie for First scorer on Saturday, 5-1 but Bar-one pay again for each subsequent goal the fist scorer scores, so 5-1 became 10-1. Thank you Robbie for that.

Big game this weekend (and I'll do a Fearon if you don't mind, my match ticket arrived on Friday), it looked a bigger game up to the Everton/Newcastle games but against that shower its alaways a big one.

Knowing Rafa he may rest a few with the CL return against Barca onTuesday. I would hope not as after the display at OT this year the players need to get the win. Haven't beat them since 2001 in the league at Anfield (Owen x 2, Riise thuderbolt ). That has to be corrected.

The Real Laoislad

Reports today that Robbie Fowler is on his way to the States in the summer to join up with New England Revolution who are coached by former Liverpool legend Steve Nicol
Pity if it's true as Fowler is better than this new fella Vororin
You'll Never Walk Alone.

brokencrossbar1

I read that myself.  It has been floating sbout for a week or two and may be part of him securring a final year extension.  If not, and they get E'To I wouldn't be too unhappy.  The Ukrainian is on a free and therefore good business.  He will always make a profit on sale.  Maybe the E'to annoucement is mind games in the build up to next week after Barca did the same with Alonso.  I hope the plan is not to use Alonso as part of the deal to bring E'to

Rossie11

brokencrossbar1

QuoteOver in Liverpool, meanwhile, Rafa Benítez will bump "best finisher" Robbie Fowler even further down the pecking order by taking Samuel Eto'o off Barcelona's hands. New American owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett are willing to spend the £20m necessary, and Benítez reckons his Spanish contacts could help him beat Arsenal and Chelsea to the punch. He needn't actually worry about Arsenal, to be fair, since Arsène Wenger - rather predictably - is actually after a completely different, cheaper Eto'o - Samuel's brother Etienne, currently playing up front for Mallorca

Taken from today's Guardian.  maybe just paper talk, but who knows?  I added the bit about Alonso myself.

corn02

Rossie11

£20m would be a steal.
Some factions in Barca believe himself and Ronaldihno cannot play in the same team and have been given the mandate to
sell him. Others want him to stay. It looks like it will become the transfer story of the summer.
I think he is brilliant. Without him Barcas whole attack is static. No surprise when he was back last sunday they had their best performance of the season. An assist and goal before coming off after 60mins.
Should he come through the top of table clash with Sevilla this weekend he is the man Pool need to fear next Tuesday..

Barca would be crazy to sell him but if they do Pool should burst the bank to get him.

Fr Ted

Eto would be a great addition to the team, could be the 20 goal a season man that has been missing since fowler and owen (when fit).  But i would take this story wth a pinch of salt, the reds are gonna be linked with every tom, dick and harry now that there appears to be a bit of the the yanky dollar available, although it is nice to seen the reds being linked to big name players again