The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

I have 3 copies of Fowlers autobiography if anyone wants one. They were bought for me at various stages, twice by my Ma  ???

Aldridge was not there long enough to be considered in Fowlers class, and that penalty miss against Wimbledon in '88 took me a long time to get over as a 10 year old  :'( (It should have been retaken as that string of piss Beasant was nearly on top of him when he took it)
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Gabriel_Hurl

supersarsfields

under the bar

QuoteAnyhow. Never mind all this premiership rubbish. What about The Big One.

Live on Liverpool TV on Thursday night.

Liverpool U18s v Chelsea U18s.

Liverpool & Chelsea fans might as well look out the window for all the chance there is of any U18 players making it to the 1st team squad.......

WaterBoy

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 03, 2009, 04:38:44 PM
QuoteLads, pray that Torres stays fit, he should be fresh if he doesn't get injured as he has played feck all.  Gerard has a drive which you rarely see in soccer players

Yep, and I believe Marcus McGee felt the full force of it.

QuoteOwen engineered himself a move to madrid less than a month after Benitez joined the club, He bought Crouch from a championship club and turned him into a regular England international.  Bellamy was playing in a mid table Blackburn team, Benitez gave him a chance to play for a top 4 club and champions league football, not exactly career destroying activities if you ask me!  As for transfers, every manager makes bad singings, Djemba Djemba anyone?

Benitez's list of bad signings seems to be very high for his relative short time in England.  As for Crouch, his form at Southampton earned him his England call-up before and this was before he moved to Liverpool.  But look at the man now!

Benitez has had to build a new team at liverpool though whereas other managers of top 4 clubs have been adding to quality squads.  If he is buying more players then there is a higher chance that he will have more 'bad signings'.  In saying that im pretty sure for every bad signing he made a comparison could be made to the bad signings Ferguson made.  Yes Crouchs form at S'Hampton earned him his England call-up, but his form at liverpool made him a regular England player, you can hardly blame Benitez for how he is playing at Pompey     
Mama says that foos-ball is the devil

bingobus

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 04, 2009, 01:27:22 PM
I was talking about overall favourite player and John Aldridge is mine..
As for not being with Liverpool long enough,In fairness thats true but he made a fair impact in the two and a half seasons he was there.
I also think he was badly treated by Liverpool and as he says himself he does hold a grudge against Daglish for selling him to Real Socidad as he never wanted to leave.
I think Aldo could have been one of the greatest ever at Anfield if he had stayed for 6 or 7 seasons.

was aldo to me, blamed rush for Aldo leaving and never liked him after his return but was glad of his goals.

Honourable mentions to Jan Molby, Fowler, Steve Nicol and Robbie Keane  ;)

johnneycool

Quote from: bingobus on February 04, 2009, 02:06:52 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 04, 2009, 01:27:22 PM
I was talking about overall favourite player and John Aldridge is mine..
As for not being with Liverpool long enough,In fairness thats true but he made a fair impact in the two and a half seasons he was there.
I also think he was badly treated by Liverpool and as he says himself he does hold a grudge against Daglish for selling him to Real Socidad as he never wanted to leave.
I think Aldo could have been one of the greatest ever at Anfield if he had stayed for 6 or 7 seasons.

was aldo to me, blamed rush for Aldo leaving and never liked him after his return but was glad of his goals.

Honourable mentions to Jan Molby, Fowler, Steve Nicol and Robbie Keane  ;)

Jimi Traore has got to be mine  ;)

Minder

Traore could "touch" the ball further than i could kick it, i suppose he does not give a toss what people think of him as he has the Champions league medal in the pocket.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: under the bar on February 04, 2009, 01:53:30 PM
QuoteAnyhow. Never mind all this premiership rubbish. What about The Big One.

Live on Liverpool TV on Thursday night.

Liverpool U18s v Chelsea U18s.

Liverpool & Chelsea fans might as well look out the window for all the chance there is of any U18 players making it to the 1st team squad.......

Errr.... Miroslav Stoch, Michael Mancienne and Gael Kakuta (Still 17) from Chelsea's U18s last year are in Chelsea's 1st team squad this season. So wrong again UTB.

I know what you're trying to say though.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Stalin

Gerrard for me, with Robbie a close second
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

Minder

Probably Barnes when i were a lad but Gerrard is up there now..............Say what you like about him but not many players have had the influence on a team that he has.

peterquaife

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on February 04, 2009, 09:00:20 AM
Quote from: J70 on February 03, 2009, 11:20:18 PM
Quote from: anportmorforjfc on February 03, 2009, 04:52:37 PM
gerard didn't even get a card, and lampard gets send off after getting fouled be alonso. Mike Riley should quit

Yes, because the referee gets the benefit of slow motion replays in making a decision... ::)

In real time, it looked a bad tackle by Lampard, especially as he dived in with his foot up and Alonso went flying afterwards. The referee gets only one look. People either have to accept that these type of wrong decisions are inevitable or change the game to allow the ref to stop things and get some help from replays.

I know what you're saying J70, but at the time I thought Lampard made a well executed tackle, so expect the ref to see the same or similar. The big problem for me is inconsistancy, and without wanting to appear persecuted Chelsea have been on the wrong end of these 'tackle' decisions a lot recently. That's Lampard's 3rd red card in 10 months, and twice he has won on appeal. The other occassion was a CL tie where he recieved two unjust/ harsh yellows therefore could not appeal. Terry has already been red carded twice this season. Again, an appeal has seen one quashed, and the other was 50/50 for a hard tackle.
However I have seen numerous 'harder' tackles by Manc, Scouse players et others since with no punishment. Gerard's the latest on Sunday.

In addition it took Riley 2 seconds to produce the red card on Sunday. He almost had his mind made up as the tackle went in. Is there any harm, stopping for a second, asking the linos for a perspective, and then making a decision. It also takes the heat out of the moment.

Lastly. Respect. People say that the catalyst for this campaign was Chelsea's 'attitude' and I can lead a bit to this argument. In fairness, Chelsea's behaviour to refs has improved this season, but they are now getting a rougher end of the stick. Coincidence? One of the elemants of respect was that the captain is allowed to talk to a ref, and get an explanation. Terry went to the ref post Lampard's red and.... was booked.

Riley gave a free against Gerrard, who clearly told him to 'f**k off' and was he booked..... no.

However the main problem with this Riley caper, is that it gives Uncle Phil and the players an excuse for what was a poor performance regardless.

and how many times has Terry* been booked /sent off for continuously goading / shouting /mouthing / man handling refs?

replace with Carvalho, Drogba, A Cole et al

PQ

Norf Tyrone

PQ
I have already said Chelsea need to improve that aspect of the game, and they have made very good strides. The problem is that very few players are booked for that sort of behaviour, Rooney being the stand out example for me.
The problem again is one of consistancy.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

peterquaife

Quote from: corn02 on February 04, 2009, 01:15:22 PM
I can't see any player overtaking the mantle as my favourite player of all time apart from Fowler.

Hope it works out for him, I think he maybe should call it a day, but who knows, he could prosper there.

Had the luck to be at his return to Liverpool, one of my favourite sporting moments.

26 caps? f**k off you gobshites, the man was unreal.

1 hundred percent agreed...Carra a close 2nd, king Kenny 3rd
PQ

under the bar

QuoteLiverpool & Chelsea fans might as well look out the window for all the chance there is of any U18 players making it to the 1st team squad.......

Errr.... Miroslav Stoch, Michael Mancienne and Gael Kakuta

Aye, household names alright!  JohnTerry was the last player to make it from your youth system to a first team player! 10 years ago!