The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Just back from Anfield.... only 30 hours late. Fecking Ryanair cancelled the flight. Feckers.

Just skimmed through the posts there, and some truths with the usual rubbish. Sitting behind the goal at the away end you don't get a decent perspective of the game, but I honestly thought neither team deserved to win it. I thought until the sending off Chelsea were fairly comfortable with what Liverpool had. Chelsea's starting XI was disapointing. I thought it would've laid down a really positive marker if we had of started with Drogba and Anelka in a game where a point was somehwhat pointless.

The game itself is analysed to death here by some, but Chelsea offered zero threat, and the performance was similar to the lack of ballz shown at OT a few weeks back. Again, Mikel, Terry, Lamps, Cole, and Alex the only ones to show any fight. Ballack was a passanger, and as for the chuckle brothers on the wing... geez. Therein lies Chelsea's problem. Width, or lack of. It allowed Liverpool to strangle Lampard and Chelsea's only path to a goal.

The only moment of class on the day was Torres' header.

The ref was shocking. Gerard's challange on Kalou was a clear second yellow, if not a straight red. I also think Alonso made the most of the Lampard incident and played his part in it.

Someone earlier said.

QuoteLampard should have been sent off a couple of seasons ago when he broke Alonso's ankle with a tackle and wasn't. Karma is a cruel mistress indeed.

That's wrong. The ankle breaker was a slightly mistimed tackle with zero intent. It happens. It was not a red card offence. Of course the ref that day was Riley, and perhaps he saw a chance to redeem himself!! Lampard apologiesd for the tackle at the time, but Alonso turned away the olive branch. He has held a major grudge since.

Finally anyone at the game think Anfield was really quiet.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 03, 2009, 04:38:44 PM
QuoteLads, pray that Torres stays fit, he should be fresh if he doesn't get injured as he has played feck all.  Gerard has a drive which you rarely see in soccer players

Yep, and I believe Marcus McGee felt the full force of it.

QuoteOwen engineered himself a move to madrid less than a month after Benitez joined the club, He bought Crouch from a championship club and turned him into a regular England international.  Bellamy was playing in a mid table Blackburn team, Benitez gave him a chance to play for a top 4 club and champions league football, not exactly career destroying activities if you ask me!  As for transfers, every manager makes bad singings, Djemba Djemba anyone?

Benitez's list of bad signings seems to be very high for his relative short time in England.  As for Crouch, his form at Southampton earned him his England call-up before and this was before he moved to Liverpool.  But look at the man now!

I think Crouch made one appearance for England before joining Liverpool but his international career only took off once at Liverpool. He was pretty much a regular after that. In fact he was pretty much a joke figure until he joined Liverpool but after a slow start he did fairly well after that and was sold for a decent profit.

Benitez has made a few signings that haven't worked out like most other managers but he's often made a profit selling them on.

anportmorforjfc

gerard didn't even get a card, and lampard gets send off after getting fouled be alonso. Mike Riley should quit

Minder

United would miss Riley terribly if he retired.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

EC Unique

Quote from: Minder on February 03, 2009, 04:57:20 PM
United would miss Riley terribly if he retired.

Why? If he had done his job correctly on Sunday Utd would be 4 points ahead instead of 2. (with a game at hand)

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on February 03, 2009, 04:52:37 PM
gerard didn't even get a card, and lampard gets send off after getting fouled be alonso. Mike Riley should quit

Gerrard was booked. Granted he was lucky not to pick up another yellow. Also Alonso didn't foul Lampard. Alonso went to kick the ball and Lampard tipped it away first but Lampard at the same time had his studs up in air hence Alonso kicked against his studs which as anyone who has played the game will tell you is bloody painful.

As for Fat Frank his red card was only three and a half years too late. He can be thankful he managed to pick up no suspension this time as he should have for his ankle-breaker a few years ago. I have zero sympathy for him.

bingobus

The red card on Sunday still didn't compensate for the penalty Chelsea got last year at anfield.

anportmorforjfc

Quote from: bingobus on February 03, 2009, 05:09:10 PM
The red card on Sunday still didn't compensate for the penalty Chelsea got last year at anfield.

Then what about the goal that shouldn't have been.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on February 03, 2009, 05:14:12 PM

Well we'll take the Cech red card and the penalty then. It would have probably made that night less stressful.

bingobus

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on February 03, 2009, 05:15:33 PM
Quote from: anportmorforjfc on February 03, 2009, 05:14:12 PM

Well we'll take the Cech red card and the penalty then. It would have probably made that night less stressful.

;D  ;D

charlie stubbs

Quote from: isourboydownyet on February 03, 2009, 10:50:24 AM
Outspoken Voronin targets Liverpool return as he's too big for Berlin
By WILLIAM STEWART

Ukranian striker Andriy Voronin has revealed he dreams of returning to Liverpool after being farmed out on loan to German side Hertha Berlin.
The outspoken striker, who earlier this year launched an attack on Britain and Liverpool, claims being a big star in Berlin is not enough and he wants to link up with Steven Gerrard again at Anfield.
He told Pro Sport magazine in Russia: 'It's an absolutely different level of football.
'I'm a leader at Hertha and feel their fans love me but I would like to be a leader in a team which is always fighting to win the Premier League, the Champions League and which have such people playing for them as Steven Gerrard who is a symbol of the city like the Beatles.
'I see no sense in staying in Berlin saying to myself: 'OK, everyone loves me here, why do I need to play for Livepool?'   
'I'd really like a new start there. I have a contract with them for two more years. When I joined Liverpool I knew I could play at such a high level and think I proved it. The rotation of the squad by Benitez really enraged me, but he told me from the start about that and I should have been prepared for it.'
Voronin's claims, after several months at Hertha on loan, are in stark contrast to comments he made in April, when he savaged Liverpool and life in Britain.
Back then he condemned the UK as a cultural backwater with poor health care and high crime rate.
Although his 24-year-old wife Yulia was named the worst-dressed soccer WAG after wearing a leopard-print velour tracksuit, he said Britain was far less sophisticated than Germany.

Voronin, who moved to Liverpool from Bayer Leverkusen in Germany at the beginning of the season, said: 'Compared with Germany, England is far behind in terms of comfort and culture.
'Five out of the seven houses near us are occupied by footballers.
'Steve Gerrard was burgled recently so a police patrol car comes into our compound fairly often. We hear police sirens all the time. Leverkusen, by contrast, was so much quieter.'
He continued: 'The medical services here are poor. When I was in Germany, there were lots of good clinics and doctors.
'It is nothing like that here - when our child had a skin allergy we waited hours for the doctor to see him. When we finally got to see a doctor, he said he didn't know how to treat children and told us to try rubbing in this ointment.
'That was it. I was stunned. As a result my wife had to go back to Odessa with him and took a full set of tests there.'
He added: 'English isn't the main problem. The main thing is to learn to understand the local players like Gerrard and Carragher.
'They speak with some peculiar local accent and sometimes I have absolutely no clue what the guys are saying. Many foreign players have the same problem.'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1083332/Outspoken-Voronin-targets-Liverpool-return-hes-big-Berlin.html

is he serious?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on February 03, 2009, 05:03:24 PM
Quote from: anportmorforjfc on February 03, 2009, 04:52:37 PM

Gerrard was booked. Granted he was lucky not to pick up another yellow. Also Alonso didn't foul Lampard. Alonso went to kick the ball and Lampard tipped it away first but Lampard at the same time had his studs up in air hence Alonso kicked against his studs which as anyone who has played the game will tell you is bloody painful.

As for Fat Frank his red card was only three and a half years too late. He can be thankful he managed to pick up no suspension this time as he should have for his ankle-breaker a few years ago. I have zero sympathy for him.

As stated..... the tackle a few years back was not a red card. Nowhere near it. It was a slighly late tackle that had worse than usual consequences a few years back.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

tyroneman

Quote"We still have Babel, Ngog  and Kuyt as well as Torres.

Much as I hate to say it...break out the bubbly Alex

corn02

I know nobody will slag off Torres.

But does anyone else think he deserves a slap for that cross-leg celebration. Looked like a cub scout at a camp fire.

DoYerJob Linesman

Quote from: corn02 on February 03, 2009, 10:37:23 PM
I know nobody will slag off Torres.

But does anyone else think he deserves a salp for that cross-leg celebration. Looked like a cubcoust at a camp fire.

Full on a Tuesday night?
17/03/02 - Semple Stadium Thurles - Heaven On Earth