The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 02, 2009, 05:36:42 PM
Quote from: bingobus on February 02, 2009, 05:33:45 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 02, 2009, 05:23:16 PM
Quote from: bingobus on February 02, 2009, 05:18:59 PM
No - one questioned his role in the move. I doubt a gun was put to his head to sign. He could have flat out not signed the contract with spurs but he choose. He may never have played again this season but at least he would have showed character and resolve. No another move for a player who has repatedly moved throughout his career.

So you think he should have sat on the bench for the rest of the season and just picked up his wage check.... ???
Jesus if he done that everyone would be saying he is only in it for the money,I think he done the right thing its obvious he just wants to play and if he wasn't going to get on the Liverpool team he was right to go back to Spurs..

I was prob been harsh but he had a choice. I don't think he would been left on the bench, he'd have got chances. It was obvious yesterday that he was been moved on and thats why he wasn't on the bench.

I fail to see the big deal about him going. He didn't fit into the team best formation which anyone could see from recent games. He never lit up the sky and what player could have been signed that would be in a position to replace Torres.

I was more disappointed when Crouch left.

I could get over Keane going if someone had come in to replace him

I could too. Keane was not woeful, he would still have been a useful sub or option against the weaker teams, and if Benitez wasn't so conservative, himself and Torres could have had a partnership. Having said that, if Rafa didn't want him in the team, I could accept him going, but you have to have a replacement. Jaysus even that list above N'gog, raw as hell, Kuyt, welll he's our right winger  ::), Gerrard is not going to play up front if Torres gets injured. Nemeth, raw as well.

There's a serious gap there now. Is Voronin coming back from Loan or something? :D

corn02

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 02, 2009, 05:24:42 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on February 02, 2009, 05:20:09 PM
QuoteBabel Ngog Kuyt Gerrard El Zhar all alternatives for up top, Nemeth back from loan in a couple of weeks too.

Good one.  It's a league title thats there to be won, not the Carling Cup.  Nemeth, Ngog, Kuyt and Babel won't do much.

Ah no you have it wrong nrico, Ngog is the new Henry  ::)

Ok ok, we all know he is shit etc, etc and he is not going to do anything, but can we please reserve judgement until we actually get a look at him before we judge him.

He hasn't even played the lenght of two full games (probably the biggest indicator that he is dung0 but scored one and won a penalty. Lets just see him before giving him so much stick.

bingobus

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 02, 2009, 05:36:42 PM

I could get over Keane going if someone had come in to replace him

[/quote]

My question is who? Talk on TLW that Rafa wanted Heskey but Parry wouldn't spend the money on someone his age and who would be free in the summer. Not a proflific striker but is there one out there available.

I thought maybe Bent on loan from Spurs would have been an option/chance but obviously not.

I don't think Keane would have scored more than Kuyt/Babel/Gerard will.

EC Unique

Quote from: gawa316 on February 02, 2009, 05:25:27 PM
Quote from: Stalin on February 02, 2009, 05:20:57 PM
Quote1704: Breaking news: The Football Association has confirmed that no disciplinary action will be taken against Chelsea defender Jose Bosingwa for his challenge on Liverpool's Yossi Benayoun on Sunday.

what a joke :D

That is unbelieveable, even stevie wonder could see that deserved to be punished

At the time the linesman was flaging like mad to the ref but he ignored it. Very bad day for the ref and Bosingwa very lucky. The video is funny though :D

bingobus

I think Babel has been more effective up front in a central position than on wing. Has pace and a fierce shoot, good in air. Agreed he has looked out of sorts recently but the raw material is there.

Ngog ins;t one for now and may never be, needs to strenghten up, and from the few reserve matches he has played recently, he is on the way to doing that. Still has a big step up to make.

Kuyt is a proven goalscorer at international level and club. Has done as much as anyone to put Liverpool in their position in the first half of season. If he goes up front, Babel or El Zhar (again has looked bright when introduced this season) can play wide right.

Besides, Deal not offically confirmed with this weather thing, maybe he'd going nowhere (all hail keano  ;) )

corn02

Quote from: bingobus on February 02, 2009, 05:53:20 PM
I think Babel has been more effective up front in a central position than on wing. Has pace and a fierce shoot, good in air. Agreed he has looked out of sorts recently but the raw material is there.

Ngog ins;t one for now and may never be, needs to strenghten up, and from the few reserve matches he has played recently, he is on the way to doing that. Still has a big step up to make.

Kuyt is a proven goalscorer at international level and club. Has done as much as anyone to put Liverpool in their position in the first half of season. If he goes up front, Babel or El Zhar (again has looked bright when introduced this season) can play wide right.

Besides, Deal not offically confirmed with this weather thing, maybe he'd going nowhere (all hail keano  ;) )

Confirmed officially half an hour ago.

Puckoon

How can he not be charged after the game for that assault?

bingobus

Quote from: EC Unique on February 02, 2009, 05:51:46 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on February 02, 2009, 05:25:27 PM
Quote from: Stalin on February 02, 2009, 05:20:57 PM
Quote1704: Breaking news: The Football Association has confirmed that no disciplinary action will be taken against Chelsea defender Jose Bosingwa for his challenge on Liverpool's Yossi Benayoun on Sunday.

what a joke :D

That is unbelieveable, even stevie wonder could see that deserved to be punished

At the time the linesman was flaging like mad to the ref but he ignored it. Very bad day for the ref and Bosingwa very lucky. The video is funny though :D

The linesman was flagging for a free out. The ref stated in his report that his assistant seen the incident. Once he has stated this, the FA can't take any further action. Absolutley crazy stuff.

peterquaife

Quote from: Stalin on February 02, 2009, 05:08:47 PM
19m including addons

Reina has played up top in the past. Id rather have him there than Robbie.

Babel Ngog Kuyt Gerrard El Zhar all alternatives for up top, Nemeth back from loan in a couple of weeks too.

dung dung dung Gerrard dung all alternatives for up top

i find it staggering that this has been allowed to happen, I for one am gutted. Was delighted when he signed, looked forward to seeing him with the liver bird on his chest. And he is gone and look at the muppets who remain wearing the red. Keane was, and still is world class, and for Benetiz to have treated him the way he did, for whatever reasons is mind-blowing. There was defo more to this than those outside the club were lead to believe. Ngog? please

But the bottom line is Benetiz is not fit to manage Liverpool, as was Houllier, Evans and Souness before him. Benetiz is too stubborn and headstrong, lets personal matters cloud his professional judgement. Zonal defence, squad rotation...they dont work, never have done, never will do (esp with the sh!te he has spent a clean fortune on).

i wont darken the doors of anfield again whilst Benetiz is in charge (hopefully that means no more than 2 CL and 3 league matches) not that it means a flying fcuk to anyone but me.

Fustration has turned into mild anger (very mild) at this juncture

BENETIZ OUT!

PQ

corn02

Quote from: peterquaife on February 02, 2009, 06:05:44 PM
19m including addons

Babel Ngog Kuyt Gerrard El Zhar all alternatives for up top, Nemeth back from loan in a couple of weeks too.

i find it staggering that this has been allowed to happen, I for one am gutted. Was delighted when he signed, looked forward to seeing him with the liver bird on his chest. And he is gone and look at the muppets who remain wearing the red. Keane was, and still is world class, and for Benetiz to have treated him the way he did, for whatever reasons is mind-blowing. There was defo more to this than those outside the club were lead to believe. Ngog? please

But the bottom line is Benetiz is not fit to manage Liverpool, as was Houllier, Evans and Souness before him. Benetiz is too stubborn and headstrong, lets personal matters cloud his professional judgement. Zonal defence, squad rotation...they dont work, never have done, never will do (esp with the sh!te he has spent a clean fortune on).

i wont darken the doors of anfield again whilst Benetiz is in charge (hopefully that means no more than 2 CL and 3 league matches) not that it means a flying fcuk to anyone but me.

BENETIZ OUT!

PQ

Haha you have to be a WUM.  :D

Sure get Stephen Kenny in.  :D :D :D :D :D

bingobus

19m including addons

BENETIZ OUT!

PQ

Thank f**k, place will be alot better without you. Muppet.

gawa316

f**k sake just in from work and was expecting a late deal to have materialised saying we had signed a replacement for Keane, but no nothing.

Please Mr Torres look after yourself

stiffler

I was at Anfield yesterday, great result and very satisfying after controlling the game from start to finish. No doubt that Benayoun offered a different dimension to the play after coming off the bench.
Theres no doubt that 4231 formation suits our players, and also the R Keane simply does not fit into that role.

Very light up front now to the end of the season, i would have loved to have seen Saviola come in on loan but it doesnt look like its to be.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

peterquaife

Quote from: bingobus on February 02, 2009, 09:23:32 PM
19m including addons

BENETIZ OUT!

PQ

Thank f**k, place will be alot better without you. Muppet.

and you'd know what the place is like alright, Monaghan man

Vive le Keano

PQ

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.