The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Quote from: Chrisowc on February 02, 2009, 02:20:10 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on February 02, 2009, 02:15:08 PM
We could do with lennon as part of this, shows a real lack of ambition if we let him go without getting someone else in

Talksport have said they are trying to sign a well known player from a Spanish club.  Bit vague, but there you go.

Saviola.

gawa316

Quote from: corn02 on February 02, 2009, 02:57:33 PM
We could do with lennon as part of this, shows a real lack of ambition if we let him go without getting someone else in

Talksport have said they are trying to sign a well known player from a Spanish club.  Bit vague, but there you go.

Saviola.

I reckon this would be a good move if it is a loan move as reported. No real gamble on our part

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: corn02 on February 02, 2009, 02:57:33 PM

Saviola.

Or Steve Finnan is coming back from Espanyol  :)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

EC Unique

Tottenham have made a cash-only offer in the region of £15m to bring Liverpool striker Robbie Keane back to White Hart Lane, BBC Sport understands.

Liverpool have confirmed that Keane, 28, has permission to talk to Spurs - but insist no deal has been finalised.

BBC Radio 5 Live football reporter Ian Dennis said on Monday: "He is on the verge of going back."

Keane signed for the Anfield club for £20.3m in July but now looks set to have a medical with his former club.

Reds boss Rafael Benitez said on Sunday that "no new offers" had been received for the striker after leaving him out of the club's squad for 2-0 win over Chelsea.

But Spurs appear to have made their move on Monday - scheduled to be the final day of the transfer window - though it is understood they will not consider a swap deal involving winger Aaron Lennon.

Republic of Ireland captain Keane left White Hart Lane for Anfield in the summer - a move he described as the fulfilment of a boyhood dream - but has struggled to establish himself on Merseyside, scoring five goals in 19 appearances so far.

Although Benitez hinted that Keane could remain at Anfield, the Spaniard stopped just short of a definitive answer on his future.

"I think Robbie Keane will be here when the transfer window shuts," he said on Sunday.

"I haven't seen any new offers. I don't know if the club have had any offers. He's here, he's our player. That's it."

He was dropped from the squad for the FA Cup draw with Everton but returned for the Premier League game with Wigan, albeit as a late substitute.

And he watched from the stands as Liverpool beat Chelsea with two late goals on Sunday.

"He was left out because we were considering all our good players and who we needed for this game," added Benitez, explaining Keane's non-involvement against Chelsea.

"It was only a decision based on this match and our requirements.

"I have spoken to Robbie, he was there in the dressing room beforehand, and we also spoke afterwards and we were just talking about the game.

"He was pleased because the team had won. He is part of my squad, I would expect him to be in my Champions League squad."

longball

Does anyone else here think that there has been a rift between Robbie Keane and Stevy G??? couple of weeks back in the paper Stevy was talking to Lawro (in private) about keane and then lawro went and blabbed to the paper i think that there had been Badd Blood (wwe ref) between these two ever since, which has now led to the departure of RB from his beloved club!!!!
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

orangeman

Keane in talks with Spurs on deadline day
Monday, 2 February 2009 15:06
Robbie Keane was on the verge of a sensational return to Tottenham from Liverpool on a transfer deadline day extended due to the snowy weather conditions.

Keane, who has endured a frustrating six months at Anfield after leaving Spurs in the summer for £20.3million, has been given permission to speak to his former club.

'We've allowed Robbie to talk to Spurs but we've not yet finalised a deal with them for the player,' said a Liverpool spokesman.

It means Keane was in the frame to become the third player manager Harry Redknapp has brought back to White Hart Lane this month, following Jermain Defoe and Pascal Chimbonda.

peterquaife

Quote from: longball on February 02, 2009, 03:09:04 PM
Does anyone else here think that there has been a rift between Robbie Keane and Stevy G??? couple of weeks back in the paper Stevy was talking to Lawro (in private) about keane and then lawro went and blabbed to the paper i think that there had been Badd Blood (wwe ref) between these two ever since, which has now led to the departure of RB from his beloved club!!!!

which paper was this in?

under the bar

QuoteDoes anyone else here think that there has been a rift between Robbie Keane and Stevy G??? couple of weeks back in the paper Stevy was talking to Lawro (in private) about keane and then lawro went and blabbed to the paper i think that there had been Badd Blood (wwe ref) between these two ever since, which has now led to the departure of RB from his beloved club!!!!

RB?  Is Benitez going as a well?

EC Unique

full back

Hound

Quote from: orangeman on February 02, 2009, 03:12:46 PM
Keane in talks with Spurs on deadline day
Monday, 2 February 2009 15:06
Keane, who has endured a frustrating six months at Anfield after leaving Spurs in the summer for £20.3million, has been given permission to speak to his former club.
One of the English papers today said Liverpool bought him for £18m + addons which brought it up to £20.3m, but none of the add-ons have materialised therefore £18m is the figure.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: longrunsthefox on February 02, 2009, 12:12:13 PM
Quote from: Chrisowc on February 02, 2009, 11:45:50 AM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on February 02, 2009, 11:40:57 AM
I never got that Robbie Keane purchase and was astonished they offered Crouch plus money for him!!!!  Should have been other way around As a blue man I'd have Crouch anytime...

He'd be a good replacement for Spike alright.  Don't think Linfield could afford him though.

Nice one centurian... like it.  (For bonus point... line from which film?)

Give up you Liverpool slabbers?  :-*

The Real Laoislad

Sad to see him go,especially after he didn't get a fair crack at it with Liverpool
I'm disgusted with the way he was treated at Anfield and Rafa has gone down a little in my estimation over it.
You'll Never Walk Alone.