The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Well deserved for Liverpool, but the Lampard sending off was wrong.

Maybe Torres will kick on from here, but the difficulty Liverpool have in getting goals is still very worrying.

How the f**k did the linesman miss Bosingwa's "tackle" on Benayoun? :D  He'll have a nice stud imprint on his lower back!

RedandGreenSniper

That 'tackle' was hilarrious! Like something you'd see in junior soccer. No harm to see one of the Chelsea players was frustrated. Couldn't imagine Ballack or Drogba doing that, wasters
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Minus15

Good result. Thought lpool controlled the game. Was really impresses with both aurelio and arbeloa offered a lot going forward for alonso to spray to the wings. Aurelio in particular has great technical ability. Gerrard was immense! Torres toiled well and got his rewards. even benyaoun surprised me when he came on!

Re the Keane situation. Feel sorry for the lad because he loves the club and noone will have wanted it to be a success other than himself. But he hasn't been at his best. At spurs he was always buzzing and demanding the ball but rarely seems to be as involved for liverpool! Gerrard a much better option in that position! The team today was the best 11 available to Rafa.

If he is to go tomorrow I would pray that Torres doesn't get injured again! shortage of quality strikers if he goes. If it was to spurs I would take darren bent on loan till the end of the season as cover! Lennon could help at the minute but hes not long term no way! Jenas no thanks!

aroundincircles

I am not a liverpool fan but fair play to them the only football played today was by them they most defnitly deserved to win. Hope them and united go down to the last day.

Clown

i dont support any team in the title race but as an ireland fan i think the way keane has been treated is wrong

to put ngog on ahead of him is just crazy

he had a slow start to his anfield career but once he got going - a goal at emirates and two in the next game at home to bolton - wot does rafa do? drops him for the next 2 league games - newcastle and stoke

7 goals is by no means an embarrassment when u consider he hasnt been picked in a lot of games, and his general play has been good at times (setting up 2 at goodison and i remember a great ball away in psv for a goal just off the top of my head)

it looks like there is no way back for him now tho

Clown

ps the ref was a joke today

in the first five minutes gerrard did something very similar to wot rory delap was sent off for yesterday and didnt get booked

in the second half he did a studs up foul which i hav seen numerous players sent off for this season, got up and told the ref to f**k off twice. still no booking

eventually he got booked for diving (the ref prob realised his earlier mistakes)

it must be one rule for gerrard and rooney and another for the rest of the players

slow corner back

As said before England heroes going back to Bryan Robson et al get away with murder from the referees in England.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: slow corner back on February 01, 2009, 06:50:29 PM
As said before England heroes going back to Bryan Robson et al get away with murder from the referees in England.

Is Frank Lampard not English ???
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Good win,though I thought Rafa should have been more positive after the sending off rather than waiting till the last 6 mins to change the formation.
No question Lampard shouldn't have been sent off,and depsite what Rafa said in the post match interview it did change the game.
Was surprised to see Keane in the stands,Im not sure what that means if anything
You'll Never Walk Alone.

GalwayBayBoy

Lampard should have been sent off a couple of seasons ago when he broke Alonso's ankle with a tackle and wasn't. Karma is a cruel mistress indeed.

Now taken 10 from 12 points from the big four but those games against the likes of Stoke look like they will cost us.

slow corner back

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 01, 2009, 06:51:41 PM

Fair point and by all accounts he was unlucky today but that may be the exception that proves the rule, how many times have you seen Gerrard, rooney or Terry get away with murder especially mouthing at refs

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: slow corner back on February 01, 2009, 07:18:11 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 01, 2009, 06:51:41 PM

Fair point and by all accounts he was unlucky today but that may be the exception that proves the rule, how many times have you seen Gerrard, rooney or Terry get away with murder especially mouthing at refs

Ah I know what you meant I was only being pedantic...  :)
You definatly have a point in what your saying
You'll Never Walk Alone.

gawa316

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on February 01, 2009, 05:58:58 PM
Yet again Chelsea show they don't want to win the title. A good comeback for Liverpool  after recent performances but there's no way there's a title in them. Chelsea rolled over but it took a disgraceful red card decision to give Liverpool the momentum they required. Benitez continues to puzzle

Please explain?

Carmen Stateside

Asked whether Robbie Keane would still be at Anfield after the transfer window closes on Monday, Benitez replied: "Yes, I think so. He's here, he's our player and that's it."

milltown row

Liverpool have one of the best "difference makers" i have seen, when they need to unlock the door this man is always a factor. His appearance is not always the same in games but he is almost impossible to pick up as it almost seems as if Liverpool have an extra man. He shows no sign of slowing up after almost 25 years with liverpool.........He looks like this sometimes......