The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gawa316

Quote from: corn02 on February 01, 2009, 12:25:55 PM

arggggggggggggggggggghjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Gawa, don;t mention the Lennon word. I can;t stand him as a player, the most over rated player in football.

Although, obviously, Jenas is a class act, we don't need another CM. It is turning into a farce.

Is or isn't?

Not saying i want Lennon but it seems to be him and jenas that are being mentioned in a possible swap. If given the choice I would have Lennon. we don't have anyone at the club like him, whilst jenas would be 4th or 5th choice

Fermanaghandsam

Jenas is poor and would be a bad buy. We need to buy a right winger, Lennon is not the prefect option but is better than what we have. But lets be honest even if we had a top class right winger, the manager would not play him anyhow, Kuyt has to play ever game its seems. Keane not making the squad is a joke, We need to stick with Torres and keane up front for 5/6 games in a row and then judge them, the thought of selling Keane now after he has hardly been givin 2/3 games in a row is a joke. I hate to say it, but its time for a new Boss, Benitez should go!!!!!!!!

corn02

No Jenas IS a class atc, he is a quality player lads and has been consistently excellent for three seasons. He is a cracking player and in other circumstances I would welcome him. The fact is we don't need a CM and Gawa you make a good point, if it was Jenas or Lennon I would have to take Lennon just because we need width.

Bent anyone?

Stalin

Jesus no I woud hate to see Bent come to us. Would rather see Lennon over Jenas, but it wont happen. Why get rid of Pennant just to bring in a near exact substitute? I suppose Jenas could offer something to our CM, but I would hate to see him start for us in a tough game.
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

gawa316

Quote from: corn02 on February 01, 2009, 01:04:03 PM
Bent anyone?

No ta.

What liverpool site did ye get that info. from corn? Any word on the team for today?

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

corn02

Not a fan of Bent either, but one goal in two this season.  14 in 30 games, many as a sub.

The Real Laoislad

I think its a disgrace if Keane is sold after not getting a proper chance and I don't care what anyone says he did not get a proper run in the team..
You have the likes of Kuyt then who I am a fan of btw but he has been awful at times and is never subsituted
Its obvious Rafa didn't buy him and is now proving what a stubburn **** he is by getting rid of him..
As soon as it looked like Keane was making a impact at the club he f**king goes and drops him.

Who the f**k mentioned Bent  ??? jaysis lads thats whats wrong with this club buying players like Darren f**king Bent..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

corn02

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 01, 2009, 01:51:57 PM
I think its a disgrace if Keane is sold after not getting a proper chance and I don't care what anyone says he did not get a proper run in the team..
You have the likes of Kuyt then who I am a fan of btw but he has been awful at times and is never subsituted
Its obvious Rafa didn't buy him and is now proving what a stubburn **** he is by getting rid of him..
As soon as it looked like Keane was making a impact at the club he f**king goes and drops him.

Who the f**k mentioned Bent  ??? jaysis lads thats whats wrong with this club buying players like Darren f**king Bent..

Bent has had a similar sort of season as Keane ias he has been sexond behind Pabluchenko (worst spelling ever) but he has nine league goals. Like him or not he has taken his chances.

You're right about Keane not getting a run though, the club stinks at the moment.

corn02

Just more on Bent.

Played 22 times in the league this year, has only starteds 13 times and has hit nine goals. Not a fan myself, but the stats show he is having a great season.

Not the sort of boy I like but if it was a player swap between Bent, Jenas and Lennon I know who I would prefer.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: corn02 on February 01, 2009, 01:55:00 PM

Bent has had a similar sort of season as Keane ias he has been sexond behind Pabluchenko (worst spelling ever) but he has nine league goals. Like him or not he has taken his chances.

You're right about Keane not getting a run though, the club stinks at the moment.

I know the stats are proving me wrong corn but come on Darren Bent  ??? Seriously?

And your right the club does stink at the moment and I am getting tired of it,I'm honestly starting to dislike Rafa a little,and not just because of the Keane situation but I really think he is/has losing/lost us the league this year...

Some of his calls have been ludicrous,and if we really look at it what has he done for Liverpool?
Houllier was a consistent top 4 finisher,he also won cups galore so the FA Cup win in 2006 is hardly a step forward.

Apart from the Champions League win which was surreal what has Rafa actually done in nearly 5 years at the club?
I have been a fan of Rafa and have always thought he was the man for Liverpool but in the last few months I have become more and more irritated by him.

Naturally I hope I'm proved wrong and Liverpool go on the win the PL and there would be no one happier than me to be proved wrong but somehow I doubt it   :-\
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Stalin

Liverpool fixtures this season:

Leige- Keane Started
Sunderland - Keane Started
Boro - Keane Started
Leige - Keane Started
Villa - Keane Started
United - Keane Started
Marseille - sub
Stoke - Keane Started
Crewe -Sub
Everton - Keane Started
PSV - Keane Started
Man City - Sub
Wigan - Keane Started
Atletico - Keane Started
Chelsea - Keane Started
Pompey - Sub
Spurs - Keane Started
Atletico - Keane Started
West Brom - Keane Started
Spurs - Not in squad
Bolton - Keane Started
Fulham - Keane Started
Marseille - unused sub
West Ham - Keane Started
Blackburn - unused sub
PSV - Keane Started
Hull - Unused sub
Arsenal - keane started
Bolton - keane started
Newcastle - unused sub
Preston - keane started
stoke - unused sub
everton - started
everton - not in squad

didnt get a chance you say? hmm. two goals against WBA and one in a big game does not constitute 'starting to make an impact.'
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: corn02 on February 01, 2009, 01:58:15 PM
Just more on Bent.

Played 22 times in the league this year, has only starteds 13 times and has hit nine goals. Not a fan myself, but the stats show he is having a great season.

Not the sort of boy I like but if it was a player swap between Bent, Jenas and Lennon I know who I would prefer.

Just out of interest why not Lennon?
I actually think he is a decent player
You'll Never Walk Alone.

corn02

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 01, 2009, 02:06:15 PM
Quote from: corn02 on February 01, 2009, 01:55:00 PM

I know the stats are proving me wrong corn but come on Darren Bent  ??? Seriously?

And your right the club does stink at the moment and I am getting tired of it,I'm honestly starting to dislike Rafa a little,and not just because of the Keane situation but I really think he is/has losing/lost us the league this year...

Some of his calls have been ludicrous,and if we really look at it what has he done for Liverpool?
Houllier was a consistent top 4 finisher,he also won cups galore so the FA Cup win in 2006 is hardly a step forward.

Apart from the Champions League win which was surreal what has Rafa actually done in nearly 5 years at the club?
I have been a fan of Rafa and have always thought he was the man for Liverpool but in the last few months I have become more and more irritated by him.

Naturally I hope I'm proved wrong and Liverpool go on the win the PL and there would be no one happier than me to be proved wrong but somehow I doubt it   :-\

Don;t disagree with any of that.

A staright buy for Bent? No. If the propsed player plsu cash offer was true and it was a choice of Jenas, Lennon and Bent? Bent please. he has scored goals wherever he has went, I suppose the same could be said about Keane.

Yip, rotten to its core at the moment from owners to directors to manager with the players being the biggest sufferers.

corn02

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 01, 2009, 02:08:35 PM
Quote from: corn02 on February 01, 2009, 01:58:15 PM
Just more on Bent.

Just out of interest why not Lennon?
I actually think he is a decent player

Just don't rate him at all, or maybe, I think he is very overrated. He is all go and no end product. Just runs down a lot of blind alleys and what pisses me off the most is that he has zero workrate. None, keep an eye on him next time you see him play, he won't track back.