The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Quote from: corn02 on January 29, 2009, 10:52:51 AM

Also, just because Gerrad has been unreal, does not mean he is untouchable. If we are analysing performances he should not be immune from criticism on the very odd times he deserves it.

Of course he should be open to criticism when he deserves it but he is one of those players who can be shit for 89 mins and then produce a bit of magic to get a result. He should never have been taken off no matter what.. Tired my ass...

magpie seanie

Oh yeah, one other thing.

What does "crazy game" mean?

Yes I Would

Quote from: peterquaife on January 29, 2009, 11:09:06 AM
Quote from: corn02 on January 29, 2009, 10:52:51 AM
Quote from: peterquaife on January 29, 2009, 10:30:51 AM
For the guys giving Gerrard a bit of stick, would you get a grip. The man is in his prime and should be enjoying sitting nicely at the summit of the Premier league with a very good chance of winning his first league medal for his boyhood club.

But instead of lording the midfield with Masch and Xavi by his side, he has to play with Lucarse and Bena-fcukin-youn and watching Rafa 'i know better than everyone even though the statistics are staying me in the face' Benetiz making some of the most unreal decisions.

What is happening at Anfield under Benetiz takes fustration to a whole new level....although its not the end of the world and nobody died

Stephen Kenny anyone?

PQ

Take it you didn't watch the game then? Benni was arguably ou best player before he got injured.

Lucas played well, but his foul shows he will never have the temperment, compusre and class of Alonso.

Also, just because Gerrad has been unreal, does not mean he is untouchable. If we are analysing performances he should not be immune from criticism on the very odd times he deserves it.

Did watch the game courtesy of Zulu

One question...are Benayoun and Lucas Liverpool FC standard? yes or no....

PQ

The inadequacies off the current squad unfortunately have come home to roost.  Just not good enough, im afraid to say.  
This along with a manager who has increasingly become paranoid and agitated in recent weeks means that any title aspirations have gone up in smoke well before the nitty gritty of a title run in..
Frustrating as fcuk as Chelsea, Arsenal and Utd were not firing on all cylinders earlier in the season, and its only in last 6 weeks or so that Utd have got into their groove.
3 points against Chelsea (which i believe will be obtained) will not change outcome of this years title and a 2nd place finish should not be seen as success.

full back

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 29, 2009, 11:23:08 AM

I thought he was on about Wigan being overly physical
BTW, did anyone see Stevie G getting shot by the sniper in the build up to the 1st goal, then making a miraculous recovery :D

corn02

Quote from: full back on January 29, 2009, 11:36:16 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on January 29, 2009, 11:23:08 AM

I thought he was on about Wigan being overly physical

Yip, Brown in particular I think.

Over the Bar

QuoteBut instead of lording the midfield with Masch and Xavi by his side, he has to play with Lucarse and Bena-fcukin-youn

Benayoun was probably your best m/f player last night, and then Benitez took him off.

anportmorforjfc

Quote from: Over the Bar on January 29, 2009, 12:18:07 PM
QuoteBut instead of lording the midfield with Masch and Xavi by his side, he has to play with Lucarse and Bena-fcukin-youn

Benayoun was probably your best m/f player last night, and then Benitez took him off.

but he is sh1te, and so is lucas

corn02

Quote from: Over the Bar on January 29, 2009, 12:18:07 PM

Took a heavy knock.

peterquaife

Benayoun is dung, not worthy of a liverpool shirt

corn02

Quote from: peterquaife on January 29, 2009, 01:20:53 PM

Has actually been decent enough this season, I don't thik he is title-winning quality, but he has had a decent enough season. His goal tally was in the double figures last year.

Never going to be top class, but dung? Come off it.

peterquaife

Quote from: corn02 on January 29, 2009, 01:22:40 PM
Quote from: peterquaife on January 29, 2009, 01:20:53 PM

Has actually been decent enough this season, I don't thik he is title-winning quality, but he has had a decent enough season. His goal tally was in the double figures last year.

Never going to be top class, but dung? Come off it.

mon now, head out of the sand...I asked you earlier, is Benayoun or Lucas Liverpool standard? yes or no?

PQ

Rossie11

Not only are Pool not gonna finish within 10pts of United but unless the current slump is stopped I believe they are in danger of finishing out of top 4.
Its dire stuff at present and Rafa has to shoulder the blame. I lost faith in him about 18months ago and Pool are going nowhere with him.  He is determined to do things his way to prove a point but his whole footballing philosophy is wrong.
Pool will never win a PL with Rafa at the helm. Its time we accepted that.
He won titles with Valencia when Barca had their worst team in a generation and he is living off this when people don't give him credit for his Cup victories.

People say our squad is poor but I guarantee the likes of Babel and Reira would be thriving under Ferguson or Wenger.

Granted Lucas is crap and I wouldn't pay into Terryland park to see him.

I cant see how anyone can be happy with the way they are playing or the "progress" this season.
Home form has gone to pot, player confident has to be low. Keane saga has been a disaster.
I for one wont be crying should Madrid knock them out of CL as a good run in that will only paper over the cracks and gain Rafa another few years.

full back

Quote from: Rossie11 on January 29, 2009, 01:44:42 PM
I for one wont be crying should Madrid knock them out of CL as a good run in that will only paper over the cracks and gain Rafa another few years.

Madrid have one of their worst teams in a while, so I would expect the scousers to go through to the next round

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: full back on January 29, 2009, 01:48:03 PM
Quote from: Rossie11 on January 29, 2009, 01:44:42 PM

Madrid have one of their worst teams in a while, so I would expect the scousers to go through to the next round

They have improved since Ramos went there though. Think they have won every game since they lost to Barcelona before Christmas.