Previous topic - Next topic

anportmorforjfc

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

full back

Corn is getting a bit like Rafa
He is cracking up...... ;)

EC Unique

Liverpool 4th by the end of this weekends matches!

Minder

Quote from: EC Unique on January 28, 2009, 09:34:18 AM

Fcuk that & the season ends this weekend. Ah well always next year..........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

EC Unique

Quote from: Minder on January 28, 2009, 09:48:50 AM
Quote from: EC Unique on January 28, 2009, 09:34:18 AM

Fcuk that & the season ends this weekend. Ah well always next year..........

;) :D :D

magpie seanie

Corn I'd have to take issue with your statement about United fans concentrating their songs on Liverpool. They went through a fair repertoire of songs last night including one about Andy Cole from what I heard. Vast majority pro-United. Also I think your assertion of Liverpool fans having more class in this area is a bit shaky at best.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 28, 2009, 11:48:55 AM
Corn I'd have to take issue with your statement about United fans concentrating their songs on Liverpool. They went through a fair repertoire of songs last night including one about Andy Cole from what I heard. Vast majority pro-United. Also I think your assertion of Liverpool fans having more class in this area is a bit shaky at best.

I think his point is United fans generally have lots of songs about Liverpool or referring to scousers and sing them even when playing other teams. I don't think Liverpool fans have any songs about United. I've even seen United fans on Liverpool forums accepting this strange quirk in the relationship between the two clubs. Of course United have lots of songs about United as well.

This is of course leaving out when the two clubs actually play each other and you might hear the odd Hillsborough/Munich stuff.

Don't think it's that big a deal to be honest. The culture is different between both sets of supporters anyway.

peterquaife

Quote from: Over the Bar on January 27, 2009, 11:44:25 PM
QuoteOne classy thing Liverpool fans over United, you'' be hard pushed to hear Pool fans singing anti-United songs, more pro-Liverpool songs.

I was at Anfield and heard Munich songs being sung constantly ... if that's not anti-United I d/k what is!
when?

peterquaife

I'm no Sherlock, but this is the way the next two games will play out...Rafa's hand is forced and even he isnt stubborn enough not to pick what he genuinely thinks is his best starting 11. Liverpool win and the revival starts....well until the next game at the weekend, when Keane is dropped (after scoring tonight), Benayoun and Lucas start and another draw is the result.

PQ

gawa316

Quote from: peterquaife on January 28, 2009, 12:45:15 PM
I'm no Sherlock, but this is the way the next two games will play out...Rafa's hand is forced and even he isnt stubborn enough not to pick what he genuinely thinks is his best starting 11. Liverpool win and the revival starts....well until the next game at the weekend, when Keane is dropped (after scoring tonight), Benayoun and Lucas start and another draw is the result.

PQ

Against Chelsea? I hope to god not

corn02

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 28, 2009, 12:00:41 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on January 28, 2009, 11:48:55 AM

I think his point is United fans generally have lots of songs about Liverpool or referring to scousers and sing them even when playing other teams. I don't think Liverpool fans have any songs about United. I've even seen United fans on Liverpool forums accepting this strange quirk in the relationship between the two clubs. Of course United have lots of songs about United as well.

This is of course leaving out when the two clubs actually play each other and you might hear the odd Hillsborough/Munich stuff.

Don't think it's that big a deal to be honest. The culture is different between both sets of supporters anyway.

Seanie, what he said!

I don't think it is shaky to be fair. It's a tradition of the club - one I really like. My favourite tradition is sitll appluading the opposition keeper even if it is United's keeper (and of course YNWA).

corn02

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on January 28, 2009, 08:05:34 AM
Corn, you're getting a bit like Pints in some other threads... grumpier & grumpier!

Get down off that high horse!

On a high horse? No

Grumpier? Yes

peterquaife

Quote from: gawa316 on January 28, 2009, 12:52:18 PM
Quote from: peterquaife on January 28, 2009, 12:45:15 PM

PQ

Against Chelsea? I hope to god not

fair enough..he'll stick with with his best side for the next 2 (yes, 2 whole games) and then as we were...

PQ