The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on January 25, 2009, 06:26:07 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 25, 2009, 06:20:22 PM
So wonder is Keane off then?

Rumours that he strormed out of Anfield today. Might not be true obviously but if he's not involved midweek it won't look good for him.

Worrying times for Keane alright, must be a nightmare for the man considering Liverpool is his boyhood team.  It seems to have gone sour in a short space of time for him which is a sad sight.  What can he do to turn it around?  It looks like Rafa has made up his mind about him and doesnt see him as a necessary player in the Liverpool first team.  What other stirkers where on the bench today?

Not looking good,where are these rumours coming from?
As a Liverpool fan I would love to see him stay and make a success of himself at Anfield,but as a Irish soccer fan I would rather see him move on and play every week than rot on the bench or in the stands..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Carmen Stateside

Keane would be right to walk out! What would he not give to get a run of games like Kuyt does!
Hopefully he plays Wednesday or it could be the end!

charlie stubbs

Quote from: corn02 on January 25, 2009, 06:09:49 PM
Quote from: aroundincircles on January 25, 2009, 06:07:07 PM
Am not a fan of any soccer team but after spending millions on new players where would liverpool be with out steven gerrard. How much would liverpool have paid for kuyt??

They bought Kuyt for 13 million or something? Somewhere in that area.

Gerrard is priceless.

think kuyt round ten corn

charlie stubbs

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 25, 2009, 06:28:29 PM
Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on January 25, 2009, 06:26:07 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 25, 2009, 06:20:22 PM
So wonder is Keane off then?

Rumours that he strormed out of Anfield today. Might not be true obviously but if he's not involved midweek it won't look good for him.

Worrying times for Keane alright, must be a nightmare for the man considering Liverpool is his boyhood team.  It seems to have gone sour in a short space of time for him which is a sad sight.  What can he do to turn it around?  It looks like Rafa has made up his mind about him and doesnt see him as a necessary player in the Liverpool first team.  What other stirkers where on the bench today?

Not looking good,where are these rumours coming from?

Was on some of the forums but obviously could be all bollocks. You know what Liverpool is like for rumours.

corn02

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on January 25, 2009, 06:29:58 PM
Keane would be right to walk out! What would he not give to get a run of games like Kuyt does!

Does he desve it though? Kuyt has been a better player this season without doubt.

To be honest if he walked out he can f**k off. He has a right to be pissed off but nobody walks out, wrong attitude.

Of course it may not be tru.

Over the Bar

Well considering that Mark bucketmouth Lawrenson declared that Gerrard told him in private that Keane was gone in January, you can hardly blame the rumours.

Stalin

He would be right to walk out? Catch a grip.

Keane had ample opportunities and didnt take them. On Monday night he was anonymous yet again. Terrible attitude to boot, wont be sad to see the back of him.
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: corn02 on January 25, 2009, 06:34:23 PM

Does he desve it though? Kuyt has been a better player this season without doubt.

Could also be argued Keane hasn't been given a fair chance.
There have been times this season when Kuyt has been brutal and he is never subbed,Keane went on a run of scoring in a few games and he was dropped for the Newcastle game,nevermind all the times he wasn't brought on when we needed a goal or brought off when he was playing decent enough
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Carmen Stateside

LL has it! Keane to me is a confidence player. The newcastle game took the biscuit, despite it being Liverpools best performance it had to be the worst team they have faced all year. If Keane had of started that game god knows how many he could have scored!
Kuyt offers nothing on the wing and not much more up front! keane to me is a better all round player pity he cant get a chance to prove it in Red!

corn02

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on January 25, 2009, 06:54:32 PM
LL has it! Keane to me is a confidence player. The newcastle game took the biscuit, despite it being Liverpools best performance it had to be the worst team they have faced all year. If Keane had of started that game god knows how many he could have scored!
Kuyt offers nothing on the wing and not much more up front! keane to me is a better all round player pity he cant get a chance to prove it in Red!

If you think Kuyt brings nothing you are ver ymuch wrong.

Yes LL I agree with your points. Kuyt does seem unsubbable at times - Hull being the prime example, but, when on the field, Keane hasn't been good.

Also this argument that Carmen and other people have brough up about the Newcastle match is one of the stupidest I have ever heard. When a team wins 5-1 you cannot question selection. And if you are, you need to catch a grip big style.

By your logic Carmen, he may have messed up every attack and we may have lost the game.

gawa316

Keane would be right to walk out!
Catch yourself on. If the rumours are true about him walking out, Keane would not be right to do so. Keane isn't child so shouldn't act like one. If am getting grief at work from the boss, I can bet ye I don't walk out in a huff

corn02

Quote from: gawa316 on January 25, 2009, 07:09:31 PM
Keane would be right to walk out!
Catch yourself on. If the rumours are true about him walking out, Keane would not be right to do so. Keane isn't child so shouldn't act like one. If am getting grief at work from the boss, I can bet ye I don't walk out in a huff

Bingo!

Nobody is saying Keane doesn't have a right to be annoyed but if it is true - good riddance. Didn;t he pull a stunt like this at Spurs - flung the jersey. Taking after his  namesake if true and getting out when the going is getting tough.

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: corn02 on January 25, 2009, 07:18:48 PM

Nobody is saying Keane doesn't have a right to be annoyed but if it is true - good riddance. Didn;t he pull a stunt like this at Spurs - flung the jersey. Taking after his  namesake if true and getting out when the going is getting tough.

Yeah, you're 100% right, Roy Keane spent 12 years at Man United. Robbie Keane has been at six clubs since 1999. Perfectly valid comparison ::)
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

corn02

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on January 25, 2009, 07:43:54 PM
Quote from: corn02 on January 25, 2009, 07:18:48 PM

Yeah, you're 100% right, Roy Keane spent 12 years at Man United. Robbie Keane has been at six clubs since 1999. Perfectly valid comparison ::)

Get off your high horse son, I was making a comparison with his stint at Sunderland.