The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Gabriel_Hurl

I believe the £28 million figure was transfer fee and wages

£15m for the fee and £13m for wages over 5 years

Over the Bar

QuoteLiverpool co-owner Tom Hicks has opened discussions with one of Kuwait's richest families.

Interesting.....
Nothing we haven't heard before though,I wouldn't be holding my breath waiting for something to happen

Still it must be nice to see that a Billionaire who actually has some money this time is interested!

Gabriel_Hurl

brokencrossbar1

I see Liverpool have been saved the bombscare that is Emile Heskey returning.  Seeing as we will be getting rid of one other skill merchant in Kuyt it would have been a shame to invest in another.

corn02

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 23, 2009, 03:17:10 PM
I see Liverpool have been saved the bombscare that is Emile Heskey returning.  Seeing as we will be getting rid of one other skill merchant in Kuyt it would have been a shame to invest in another.

Of course Kuyt isn't there for skill. Pennant has a lot of skill, worked out well.

Minder

Im glad Heskey is not coming too, people say how he has improved but he still averages 7 goals a season. We could do without that sort of "improvement"........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gawa316

Rafa talking about playing a weakened team on sunday :'(

Looks like our bitter neighbours might have slaggin rights over us for a while

corn02

Quote from: gawa316 on January 23, 2009, 05:09:37 PM
Rafa talking about playing a weakened team on sunday :'(

Looks like our bitter neighbours might have slaggin rights over us for a while

Who gives a f**k, I bet your firends are eith Pool or United, unless you live in the City I wouldn't care.

Quite simply the this competition died in 2000. f**k All Cup.

Basically every team in the Premiership plays a weakened side in the early rounds to save for the league.

I said the same last year and got ate alive on here. I still hold the same belief. If Cahill scored another late equaliser/winner would it come even close to comparing how you felt on Monday?

new devil

Corn would it not be fair in saying its your best chance of a trophy this year?

EC Unique

JERMAINE PENNANT claims Rafa Benitez bombed him out of Liverpool because he is English.
Winger Pennant joined Portsmouth on loan this week after Kop boss Benitez told him his Anfield career was over.

And the former England Under-21 star rapped: "I am looking forward to Tony Adams speaking English.

"Last season I played 34 games and in a Champions League final the previous year for Rafa but now he has had a change of plans.

"I don't know if it is the English mentality he dislikes but there are not a lot of English players at Liverpool.

"I have mentioned that before when I was at Arsenal so I have not had much luck with foreign managers.

"It seems very strange to go from playing every week to training on my own on Saturday afternoons.

"But that is Rafa for you and I don't think half the players at Liverpool can work him out.

"I have been speaking to a lot of the other Liverpool players and they could not understand why I was not being selected, especially in the games at home where they have struggled to win.

"It was the same with Peter Crouch and he had to get away too.

"I spoke to Crouchie a lot before I came here and he told me to join Portsmouth. He said Tony would give me more chances to play."

The Nottingham-born star was a £6.7million signing from Birmingham in July 2006. He played 81 games for Liverpool but only started twice this season.

Pennant, 26, who makes his debut against Swansea today, has the option of a permanent move in the summer. But he could yet join AC Milan or Real Madrid.

He added: "It is weird I cannot get into Liverpool's team but Real Madrid want me.

"It is very flattering to be linked with a club of their size because they are one of the best teams in the world. I did not speak to Madrid directly but my agent may have done. I did not speak to Milan either but again my agent may have.

"I'm here for six months because I want regular football. It would be a great experience to play abroad and I'm not ruling it out."

Another great endorsement for rafa ::). He will be gone for sure at the end of the season if not before..

Minder

Good point,when someone with the standing in the game of Jermaine Pennant questions you then you know you are in trouble. When will the penny drop with Pennant that he may just be a waster and it isnt everyone elses fault? This is the same Jermaine Pennant that when stopped by police for drink driving told the cops his name was Ashley Cole,yes he is a real stand up guy. I would love to know what players couldnt believe why he wasnt getting on,that is of course taking a leap of faith that he isnt lying. . . . . . . .Good riddance
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

corn02

Quote from: new devil on January 24, 2009, 02:03:25 PM
Corn would it not be fair in saying its your best chance of a trophy this year?

If that is the case it is United's best chance of a trophy too seeing as the two teams are in identical positions in the league and Europe.

el_cuervo_fc

If he doesn't like having a foreign manager or too many foreign players then Madrid is definitely the place for him  ::)