The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

ziggysego

I was asked by an un-named source to post it.
Testing Accessibility

GalwayBayBoy

ziggysego

What part of un-named do you not understand? :P
Testing Accessibility

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: gawa316 on January 20, 2009, 12:06:04 PM
Have to say that bluenose goal last night was like a dagger to the heart.

Still can't bear to turn on the tv or look up teletext incase I am reminded of last night.
Same here..Actually only reading this thread for first time since game as I just knew there be fighting and slagging carry on  :(

Didn't think it was a great performance from the Pool, being really honest they probably didn't deserve the 3 points..

Maybe it has been mentioned but does anyone else think Reina is dropping a lot of balls lately ?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: ziggysego on January 20, 2009, 09:12:19 PM

Can you even name the people in the photo?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ziggysego

Quote from: hardstation on January 20, 2009, 09:13:05 PM
Are you trying to pass off someone elses work as your own again?

No :p

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 20, 2009, 09:14:35 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on January 20, 2009, 09:12:19 PM

Can you even name the people in the photo?

Rooney is one and I think Ferguson is the other. The other guy, is he the Liverpool manager? Can't remember his name.
Testing Accessibility

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 20, 2009, 09:13:41 PMMaybe it has been mentioned but does anyone else think Reina is dropping a lot of balls lately ?

Reina has always been kind of dodgy on crosses

ONeill

Quote from: corn02 on January 20, 2009, 09:24:57 AM

2- zonal marking -. Firstly, forget what Andy Gray says, Liverpool do not play zonal marking. They play a mixture of zonal and man marking.

Anyone else snigger at this?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

corn02

Quote from: ONeill on January 20, 2009, 10:02:29 PM
Quote from: corn02 on January 20, 2009, 09:24:57 AM

2- zonal marking -. Firstly, forget what Andy Gray says, Liverpool do not play zonal marking. They play a mixture of zonal and man marking.

Anyone else snigger at this?

Why would you snigger?

Armamike

Regardless of whether Benitez is too cautious (imo he was again last night in taking off a couple of strikers for midfielders and removing the one player - Torres - that Everton were petrified of) or whether he uses the right formations at times, it will be a lack of quality that will continue to cost Liverpool points. How many of us at the start of the season really believed that Liverpool could win the title with players like Benayoun, Lucas, (Kuyt - sorry Corn), Aurelio, Arbeloa in the team? I've been scratching my head the past couple of months wondering how we've actually managed to top the league. It was that lack of quality that cost us last night. Just not enough chances created and a poor piece of defending leading up the free kick and then on the free kick itself. There just are a few too many players there who are not title winning material imho and that will continue to cost the team points as the season goes on.
That's just, like your opinion man.

corn02

Quote from: hardstation on January 20, 2009, 11:25:14 PM
I think he finds it funny/strange that you state that Liverpool don't play zonal marking but they do a bit.

Then again, I don't know a f**k.

Yes, that is why I said a mixture. Zonal marking involves defending players beeing stationed at various positions while man-marking is obvious. Raf deploys four or five to zones and the rest man mark accordingly. I would imagine Liverppol have either the best or second best defensive record to set pieces this year.

Very effective if people keep their role, if players do not do their job it is costly = Torres v United last season.

ONeill

It's like saying I don't eat chips. I eat chips and eel.

Liverpool zonal mark. It's a massive part of their defensive set-up.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Armamike

Whether it's zonal marking or not, for the very most part it works week in week out. Last night excepted though when someone decided not to keep close tabs on Everton's most dangerous player in the box.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Hound

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 20, 2009, 09:41:03 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 20, 2009, 09:13:41 PMMaybe it has been mentioned but does anyone else think Reina is dropping a lot of balls lately ?

Reina has always been kind of dodgy on crosses
He has probably been dropping a few more recently. He's better than he's ever been when it comes to shot stopping though. Plus I love the way he's so keen to get attacks going. Never lets anyone fall asleep.

He wasn't good for the Everton goal. Cahill's header went right into the middle of the goals, and he was nowhere near.

10 consecutive games without a goal for Kuyt. 6 as striker, 4 as right midfielder.