The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carmen Stateside

Corn you got to get over Kuyt, he is not near the standard thats needed to win a premiership! Hes shit and so is Benayoun. Sunderland or Stoke will be happy with a hard grafter like him! Do you honestly think he would get near either United Chelsea or Arsenal teams? ........ i dont!
Horrible result yesterday, again showing without Gerrard and  Torres they have no outlet for goals.  IMO think its very important to try get a right sided midfielder, our options at present: Kuyt, Benayoun,or 'Real' Pennent ............ says it all!

corn02

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on January 20, 2009, 12:07:53 PM
Corn you got to get over Kuyt, he is not near the standard thats needed to win a premiership! Hes shit and so is Benayoun. Sunderland or Stoke will be happy with a hard grafter like him! Do you honestly think he would get near either United Chelsea or Arsenal teams? ........ i dont!
Horrible result yesterday, again showing without Gerrard and  Torres they have no outlet for goals.  IMO think its very important to try get a right sided midfielder, our options at present: Kuyt, Benayoun,or 'Real' Pennent ............ says it all!

He is shit? That sums it up for you then, utter bollix statement.

Do I think he would get on them teams? Maybe not every match but certainly a lot of them. Would you rather have Nani or Kuyt?

full back

Quote from: corn02 on January 20, 2009, 12:38:46 PM
Do I think he would get on them teams? Maybe not every match but certainly a lot of them. Would you rather have Nani or Kuyt?

Nani is completely sh1te
It would be a close call between Kuyt & Nani if I was picking the squad

Goats Do Shave

How many premiership matches does Nani start...

stevo-08

havent had time to post on here for a while. Now I appreciate what kuyt brings to the team. But the fact that he is 1 of only 3 Liverpool players to start every single PL game this season, speaks volumes for me. The other 2 players being reina and carragher.

Does anyone think the likes of park, nani or fletcher would start 22 successive PL games for man united???

Now to be fair to Kuyt, he's a striker doing his best as a winger and doesnt complain about it. And also, the competition on the right wing aint anything to write home about. But Rafa can only have himself to blame for that little problem.

Stalin

Quote from: stevo-08 on January 20, 2009, 01:07:31 PM
havent had time to post on here for a while. Now I appreciate what kuyt brings to the team. But the fact that he is 1 of only 3 Liverpool players to start every single PL game this season, speaks volumes for me. The other 2 players being reina and carragher.

Does anyone think the likes of park, nani or fletcher would start 22 successive PL games for man united???

Now to be fair to Kuyt, he's a striker doing his best as a winger and doesnt complain about it. And also, the competition on the right wing aint anything to write home about. But Rafa can only have himself to blame for that little problem.

Really? If you have been following the Benitez contract saga, you would see the stumbling block is Rafa having autonomy over transfers, something which he does not have at the minute. So how can he be to blame?
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

GalwayBayBoy

I would be more worried about Keane to be honest right now. He barely touched the ball last night. Was completely anonymous and he's getting slaughtered on the forums today because of it. Granted the service wasn't great to the front two but Torres still had a good game bar the miss in the first half. I know Keane is in and out of the team but when he gets a chance to play he has to take it and last night he was nowhere to be seen.

Kuyt didn't have a good game but in true Dirk style still worked hard and put himself about. After a good start to the season though he's been pretty poor the last month or so. A decent squad player but that would be it in an ideal world.

In hindsight we would probably have been better served keeping Crouch and spending the money we spent on Keane on a proper right winger.

stevo-08

Quote from: Stalin on January 20, 2009, 01:16:34 PM

Really? If you have been following the Benitez contract saga, you would see the stumbling block is Rafa having autonomy over transfers, something which he does not have at the minute. So how can he be to blame?

he's spent over 30m on wing men (40m if you include kuyt), and we still dont have a decent right sided midfielder. Now i do think Rick Parry is a terrible chief exec espec when it comes to transfer dealings, but surely Rafa must shoulder some of the blame for the right sided problem. He mightnt have autonomy when it comes to transfers, but surely he has a significant input!!

by the way, i would be in the pro Rafa camp, but I am just pointing out some of the mistakes I think he's made.

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

corn02

Quote from: stevo-08 on January 20, 2009, 01:51:01 PM
Quote from: Stalin on January 20, 2009, 01:16:34 PM

he's spent over 30m on wing men (40m if you include kuyt), and we still dont have a decent right sided midfielder. Now i do think Rick Parry is a terrible chief exec espec when it comes to transfer dealings, but surely Rafa must shoulder some of the blame for the right sided problem. He mightnt have autonomy when it comes to transfers, but surely he has a significant input!!

by the way, i would be in the pro Rafa camp, but I am just pointing out some of the mistakes I think he's made.

40 million? What is that Kuyt, Pennant, Reira, Babel, anyone else?

Of course when Rafa wanted Simao, he wasn't given the funds and had to make do with Pennant.

I don't like Kuyt starting every game. In games at home to the likes of Stoke, West Bom and other relegation candidates, I would prefer speed over work rate because, in reality, we won't need a grafter because we are on the front foot 90% of the game. In any other match, he is a neccisity and nobody will convince me otherwise. He has had a very good year, goals have dired up as of late and he needs to get back to that, but he was brilliant against Newcastle.

He will never have many admirers, and many just follow the trend, but he will prove you wrong.

GalwayBayBoy

Unfortunately having Kuyt as a right sided midfielder and Carra behind him at right-full is a recipe for disaster. Neither can go past people. Neither have any pace. Granted Carra is just filling in there at present but as a pair they present no threat whatsoever down the entire right side. Arbeloa although not brilliant will at least get up and down the wing from full-back and give an outlet to Dirk. You might get away with one of Kuyt and Carra on the right hand side but both of them together just gives you very little going forward.

stevo-08

Quote from: corn02 on January 20, 2009, 04:49:50 PM
40 million? What is that Kuyt, Pennant, Reira, Babel, anyone else?

Of course when Rafa wanted Simao, he wasn't given the funds and had to make do with Pennant.

I don't like Kuyt starting every game. In games at home to the likes of Stoke, West Bom and other relegation candidates, I would prefer speed over work rate because, in reality, we won't need a grafter because we are on the front foot 90% of the game. In any other match, he is a neccisity and nobody will convince me otherwise. He has had a very good year, goals have dired up as of late and he needs to get back to that, but he was brilliant against Newcastle.

He will never have many admirers, and many just follow the trend, but he will prove you wrong.

pennant 7m, benny 5m, kuyt 9m, babel 11m, riera 8m = 40m. some figures probably not right there but it's close enough.

anyway, it's getting away from the original point i was making. i do like kuyt and think he offers alot to the team. and if some of our other "stars" had his workrate and attitude, we'd be going places. but i honestly didnt think kuyt would start as many PL games this season as he has done. perfectly suited to tough away fixtures where alot of defensive work is required, but certainly not the answer when trying to unlock average teams at anfield.

Carmen Stateside

Ok maybe hes not shit, but this last few games he has really bugged me with his play!
Just seems like we are so close to getting there, but Kuyt, Benayoun and Lucas just are not good enough to get us over the finish line!

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility