The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Plus Craig Burley must be the most annoying commentator working in television today.

J70

Zonal marking doesn't mean you just stand there and let someone have two yards of space in front of goal!

EC Unique

Now that Liverpool have started to slip I wonder where they will end up? Need to get out of the draw habit or could fall out of the top 4 very quick :o

ONeill

As much as i'd like to see Liverpool win it (if Arsenal can't), there's something cowardly about Benitez's tactics that ruins title ambitions (esp at home) but often works in Europe.

I bet he wished he'd never opened his mouth a couple of weeks ago.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Armamike

Torres faded a bit near the end but i just think you had the other team a bit of momentum when you take your most dangerous forward off
That's just, like your opinion man.

Mayo4Sam

Benayoun was a disaster, gave away 2 frees out on that wing, hes a fuckin waste of space
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

J70

I'd say we'll be seeing that boom-bust graph whipped out any day now by our resident gloaters!

Hoof Hearted

not a Liverpool fan, nor a united one either for that matter, but i would just like to add my tuppenceworth.
rafa may quit the mind games, the only one who could compete with fergie in this aspect was Mourinho.

If Martin O'Neill or David Moyes was in charge of that Liverpool team they would win the league. The reason being is if all players at Villa and Everton were 100% fit, Moyes and O'Neill would still play the best XI week in week out, none of this rotation shit.

Dirk Kuyt continually plays 90 minutes and the man is useless. Full Stop.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Carmen Stateside

Gave up on Kuyt long time ago!!
Benayouns tackle was pub league stuff , surely now Rafa can see he needs someone on the right, maybe its time to move Gerrard out wide and pair Masch and Alonso in the middle!

AFS

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on January 20, 2009, 12:37:39 AM
not a Liverpool fan, nor a united one either for that matter, but i would just like to add my tuppenceworth.
rafa may quit the mind games, the only one who could compete with fergie in this aspect was Mourinho.

If Martin O'Neill or David Moyes was in charge of that Liverpool team they would win the league. The reason being is if all players at Villa and Everton were 100% fit, Moyes and O'Neill would still play the best XI week in week out, none of this rotation shit.

Dirk Kuyt continually plays 90 minutes and the man is useless. Full Stop.

This is an assertion based on the assumption that Liverpool's first choice 11 are the best in the league. Even most Liverpool supporters would struggle to agree with this I'd imagine.

Hound

I put this two points lost firmly down to Benitez.

Some people blaming Benny. Poor chap doing his very best. The idiot manager had him playing right back for the last 10 minutes. He made 4 tackles in that position, won 2 and gave away 2 free kicks. That's far better than I thought he'd do. He's a light attacking player for chrissakes. Why play him that deep and push Carragher inside a bit, I do not know. But if you make that decision, then Kuyt was the man to put at right back, not feckin Benny. Or better still  how about taking Dirk useless hole off (I thought he was worse than Keane) and bring on the right back who's sitting on the bench (Arbeloa) ??

I thought it was the right decision to take a tired Torres off, but when I saw Lucas coming on I knew we were gone. Bringing on Lucas meant we were inviting pressure, bringing on Babel would have been relieving pressure. The one thing Babel is consistently good at is playing up top when we're ahead, he's a super outlet. And when Benitez decided to be negative and be scared, why the hell he decided on Lucas ahead of Mascho is pure mystery!!

Great free kick by Arteta. Alonso had literally run rings around him for 90 minutes, but he came up trumps there. Defensively I would blame Reina and Riera most as the two who could have done more to stop it. But the execution did make it difficult to defend.

full back

Another tepid display from the scousers
2 brutal displays from Rafa's outburst, perhaps its unfair to blame his ranting & raving more logical to blame his selection & substitutes

Abble

it was always on the cards that we would not get the 3 pts last night. over the past 2 or 3 seasons we have to admit that we've sneaked some lucky wins against everton, i always felt it could come back to haunt us when the pts were most needed.

also in a way the results of the past 2 or weeks are maybe a good thing....we were going too well up until end of '08, i'm happy enough to take a quiet january and now hopefully with everyone coming back we can go on now and start winning again, get a wee run together.

corn02

Some shit posted on this thread, I'll post in full later. Yous are unbelievable at times.

Over the Bar

The last thing you need on a title run-in is a glass chin and a soft underbelly.  It appears Liverpool might just have both.